"Hello, my geeks and peeps; my explainers and entertainers; my little ood-de-lollies."
— Introduction catchphraseRebecca Parham (known as Let Me Explain Studios on YouTube) is a YouTuber since February 2014 that animates animated videos on her channel, mostly being centered around her life. She is among the YouTube animators such as Jaiden Animations, TheOdd1sOut, Tabbes, TimTom, SomethingElseYT, etc.
Tropes about Rebecca:
- Big Beautiful Woman: That she is.
- Butt-Monkey: Apparently, Rebecca has been accident prone, as revealed in "My Terrible Mouth Accident".Rebecca: My dad accidentally pulled my arm out of my socket when I was six, I got hit in the face with a softball when I was in middle school and had a shiner for a week, I slipped in water in high school and tore a cartilage in my knee, a girl in theater dropped a heavyset piece on my foot and I had to do the rest of the shows with one shoe on, I broke my toe banging it on a platform trying to get off stage... (beat) Y'know, maybe I'm more accident prone than I thought. I wonder how much football helmets cost.
- Early Installment Weirdness: In "The Sochi Hotel Games" Video, Rebecca uses Mouths in her Character Style.
- Genki Girl: Rebecca can act upbeat in most videos.
- Insult Backfire: Delivers one to a woman who made fun of her legs in "My School Dress Codes".Woman: I wouldnt be wearing shorts if I had your legs sweetie.
Rebecca: Oh, yeah? Well your judgment of others is a manifestation of your crippling disappointment with how your life is turning out, sweetie.
Woman: (beat) *starts crying*
- Irony: In "My Crazy Theatre Teacher", the Show which lead to Rebecca to stand up for herself against the Back Stage Hostility she got from Medusa was "Noises Off", A Show which is actually about a Show Within a Show and the "Cast's" Back Stage Hostilities!
- The Matchmaker: An unintentional and even possibly supernatural case. Rebecca's noted that she's had terrible luck maintaining a relationship and for some reason, all of her former partners went on to have more stable and lasting relationships after dating her. This eventually ballooned when random people she interacts with, be it in Real Life or online, told her they've somehow managed to score after talking to her. Once someone half-jokingly referred to her as "The Girlfriend Fairy", Rebecca fully embraced the role and has since become less concerned about her chances of success in romance.
- No Mouth: How she animates her characters.note If there are scenarios, where she does need to show a mouth (such as in "My Terrible Mouth Accident"), mouths are represented with Post-It Notes.
- Rhymes on a Dime: How she made her last VidCon Recap video.
- Sadist Teacher: Her high school Theater teacher Medusa and her college communication professor Mr.E (who Rebecca comments made Medusa look like a saint in comparison).
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: In "My Crazy Theatre Teacher", the titular teacher didn't cast Rebecca in a play, even though she'd fit in a role perfectly, simply because Rebecca wasn't pretty or popular. This motivates Rebecca to do what she should have done years ago: grow a backbone and walk away from a manipulative bitch.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Rebecca's cartoon self wears something different in every video. Lampshaded in "My School Dress Codes" when talking about school uniforms.Rebecca: I can't even decide on one outfit to stick my animated self with. *Turns to face a closet containing outfits from past videos* Just look at this cartoon wardrobe!
"Thank you so much for tuning in, but now, I gotta tune out. 'Bye!"