Pink behind all of the doors, crazy
Pink like the tongue that goes down, maybe
Pink like the paradise found
Pink when you're blushing inside, baby"
In colour theory, the color pink is primarily associated with femininity, love, and romance but a lesser-known trait about pink is that it has a popular usage in eroticism and sensuality.
This trope is about the color pink being used to highlight sexual experiences or to symbolize the perversion or sensuality of a character. Whether the characters involved are chivalrous, abhorrent, romantic, or something to that degree. While it can be associated with men, pink is traditionally seen as a feminine color and so it's more likely for women to be associated with the color when they have sexual experiences or when they talk about their sexual histories.
Pink is often used to symbolize feelings of arousal and lust in characters, allowing the use of creative storytelling and imagery. Pink can emphasise the intended tone; a couple having a passionate dance or a dancer performing a pelvic thrust comes across as blatant mating dances or it presents a visual innuendo when they are performed under pink lights.
In stories, this trope can be also downplayed to represent feelings of affection, love, and intimacy. This color can be used to symbolize a crush, often through heart symbols and bubbles. In Japanese media, pink Cherry Blossoms are used as a motif for love. When a character falls in love, expect their eyes to be replaced with pink or red heart symbols or expect their eye color to change to pink. They can even show a Luminescent Blush or a Crush Blush as they sing and they dance under pink lights.
Red and pink are frequently used interchangeably as both colors are known to represent love. Pink is a lighter shade of red but it's more associated with femininity, whereas red is associated with masculinity. In terms of symbolism, red usually represents action, aggression, and passion, while pink represents affection, charm, and tenderness.
Pink is often used as a pre-coital or post-coital indicator of sex but the usage of pink can generate a lot of Freudian imagery, allegories, and symbolism; a man using a giant pink weapon shows he is very insecure about himself and that he wants to compensate for something, a person who uses pink substances to control their target is akin to someone who uses aphrodisiacs, and pink monsters can symbolize the consequences of unprotected sex.
This is not just when any character or action is highlighted in pink. It has to involve or symbolize erotic or sexual elements.
A Sub-Trope of Pink Means Feminine, as for some eroticism and femininity are inexorably linked. Also, compare Lady in Red and Black Bra and Panties for other color indicators of sexuality. It can overlap with Psycho Pink if it deals with sexual depravity. Compare Playboy Bunny for when a character wears a pink variant of the outfit for sex appeal.
Contrast Pink Heroine and Princesses Prefer Pink for uses of pink that are (usually) non-sexual and found in kids' media. See also Rose-Haired Sweetie and Cheery Pink for other uses of pink symbolism that may or may not overlap. Real Men Wear Pink can come into play if a man is a playboy and is highly skilled in seduction. Averted with Pink Is for Sissies since this is when the color pink is seen as an unpopular, unmanly color.
- Ayakashi Triangle: Reo is an aggressively flirtatious bisexual girl with bright-pink hair.
- Black Clover: Vanessa Enoteca has long pink hair and makes pink threads with her magic. She's known as the Black Bulls' "lush of a witch", wearing revealing or little clothing and often flirting with handsome men.
- Bleach: Rangiku Matsumoto wears a pink scarf and is one of the most notable uses of fanservice in the manga. She is very flirtatious and has a buxom figure that she shamelessly flaunts when given the opportunity.
- DARLING in the FRANXX: Zero-Two has pink hair and is the most sexually aggressive person amongst the cast and is the primary love interest for Hiro.
- Dragon Ball: As the Resident pervert, the Muten Roshi is sometimes associated with pink.
- FLCL: Haruko has pink hair and constantly sexually harasses the 12-year-old Naota. After she crashes into him, he starts sprouting weird protrusions out of his forehead, and his contact with her symbolically initiates him into puberty. The association continues in FLCL Progressive & Alternative, where Haruko shows Hidomi hardcore porn and goads her students in Progressive and has the girls in Alternative strip naked so she can ogle them.
- My Hero Academia:
- Straight example. Nemuri "Midnight" Kayama is the "R-Rated Hero" who can emit a pink aroma as her quirk that can put her targets to sleep. Her outfit is supposed to invoke imagery of a dominatrix and her aroma is comparable to the effects of a date-rape drug.
- Downplayed example. Mina "Pinky" Ashido is a character who is obsessed with love and spends her time highly interested in the love lives of other people. Mina's name comes from her pink skin, as it allows her to produce acid as part of her quirk.
- High School D×D: Akeno's pink eyes highlight her lustful and openly erotic and sadomasochistic nature.
- At the Moulin Rouge: The Dance: This painting by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec in 1890 depicts crude dancing and sex workers, with the woman in pink in the foreground being identified as a prostitute. Before the advancement of medicine, sex workers were looked down on for transmitting sexual diseases and infections.
- An Allegory With Venus and Cupid: This painting by Angolo Bronzino depicted Venus and Cupid having sex. The pair are accompanied by pink roses and a pink pillow but researchers in 2015 discovered that the painting was used to depict Syphilis.
- The Swing: This painting by Jean-Honoré Fragonard in 1767 features a woman in a pink dress on a swing being pushed by her husband as she spreads her legs when she sees a man watching her from the bushes. This painting shows the sensuality of an affair and it shows the erotic feelings of desire and temptation.
- Green Lantern: The Star Sapphire Corps wear Stripperiffic pink outfits. They are driven by lust in their more negative phases and are often featured in sexual imagery. Examples include Carol Ferris stripping naked in front of Hector Hammond while giving a speech about how All Men Are Perverts and Fatally having sex with John Stewart in an open field.
- Star Wars: Legacy: Deliah Blue is a pink-skinned alien babe. Her people are the Zeltrons whose culture was highly influenced by sexuality and the pursuit of pleasure in general. Most of their art and literature are devoted to the subject of sexuality, producing some of the raciest pieces in the galaxy. A talent agent named Ruudi Buundaz was particularly taken by their allure:
When you've been in this business as long as I have, you learn a few things: Nothing's more dangerous than arguing with a Wookiee, nothing's more foolish than gambling with a Jedi, and nothing's more alluring than a Twi'lek dancer. But I'm here to tell you that the last one is wrong. If you like your humanoids flexible, svelte, enthusiastic, and in multiple shades of red, then the most beautiful people in the galaxy are on Zeltros. Who needs Twi'leks?
- Wonder Woman: Aphrodite, the goddess of love and desire, started being depicted primarily in pink during the Silver Age in Vol 1, but Vol 2 ramped up the erotic aspect with Aphrodite often wearing nothing but a transparent pink shawl paired with her acting far more flirtatious and seductive.
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Jessica Rabbit is a sultry, voluptuous toon-human who works as a lounge singer. Jessica Rabbit wears a red and pink outfit and has a way of impressing men.
- An Affair to Remember: The movie's use of a pink opening sequence and pink champagne is used to emphasise the positive sensuality of Terry and Nickie's affair.
Nickie: Dont you think life should be gay and bright and bubbly like champagne?
Terry: I like pink champagne.
Nickie: Yes, thats the kind I mean pink champagne. Now is there any reason why from now on, this trip shouldnt be pink champagne?
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy: Downplayed and played for laughs, Veronica is shown wearing pink before having sex with Ron but the sex scene is replaced by a song sequence called "Pleasure Town". During the song, Ron and Veronica are making erotic sounds, Veronica rides a pink unicorn, and there are very few pink lollipops on screen.
- Back to the Future Part II: In 1985-A, the sleazy and perverted Biff seduces women in a pink, purple, and red home, owns pink towels, and other pink decorations.
- Black Swan: Nina Salyers' bedroom is mostly covered in pink and it's the first place where she masturbates until she stops after noticing that her mother is there.
- Closer: Alice Ayres/Jane Jones uses a pink wig and makeup for one of her stripper outfits.
- Flesh+Blood (1985): Fille Fatale Agnes wears a pink dress on the poster and wants to learn how to seduce men. Subverted in the actual film, where she is seen wearing blue, red, or white dresses.
- Funny Face: The colour pink is used to indicate sexual confidence and the song "Think Pink!" was to invoke sensuality as shown by the naked woman using pink shampoo, the recreation of Jean-Honoré Fragonards "The Swing" (which was similarly about sensuality), and the sexually appealing outfits.
- Jennifer's Body: Pink is used predominantly in the film and is associated with Jennifer, a sexually confident teenager who is possessed by a succubus who seduces men so she can eat them.
- Leprechaun 3: Mitch is the sleazy casino owner who unwittingly wishes to have sex with Tammy, who goes with him to his bedroom, which is decorated with a pink bed and pink chairs (the elevator also had pink lighting). Mitch is also killed by a robot that he hallucinates as a real woman who wants to have sex with him in the same bedroom.
- Lost in Translation: Ms. Fanservice Charlotte is seen in pink panties whenever she is in her apartment. Additionally, she also dons a pink wig.
- The Nutty Professor (1963): Downplayed, Buddy Love's first outfit is a pink and blue suit and he attends a club to impress Stella, which has pink and purple decorations inside. Buddy is designed to be a suave womanizer who catches the attention of all the men and women in his vicinity.
- Pink 2016: Invoked by the title of this 2016 Indian Hindi-language legal thriller film, the movie is about 3 women, Minal, Falak, and Andrea, who are recovering from a mysterious incident after they meet 3 men, Raunak, Vishwajyoti, and Rajveer Singh, and Rajveer ends up in the hospital with a head injury. After enduring blackmail and harassment, Minal is sexually assaulted and it lands the three in court against the men where they state they were sexually assaulted by the 3 men and Minal defended herself by smashing a bottle over Rajveer's head. After making a speech about the double standard and the importance of consent, the women are acquitted and then men are charged with their crimes, with the exception of Vishwajyoti who was let off with a warning. The ending of the movie confirms that Rajveer did force himself on Minal and the women were systematically isolated by the 3 men, resulting in Minal attacking Rajveer by smashing a bottle over his head.
- The Professional: In one scene, Mathilda is wearing a new pink outfit and later expresses her interest in sex to Leon.
- Revenge (2017): The movie has a pink neon title and the sexually confident and promiscuous Jen is shown wearing pink or being associated with pink.
- Showgirls: Nomi Malone starts her journey to becoming a Las Vegas showgirl by becoming a stripper at Cheetah's, a seedy gentlemen's club that has pink lights both inside and outside. Nomi also wears a pink shirt at one point in the film.
- Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny: After accepting the challenge, the Devil sings about how he's gonna rape Kage and the pink lights activate during these verses.
- Pink Ribbon Blues: How Breast Cancer Culture Undermines Women's Health: This book by Gayle A. Sulik discussed the use of pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. Ms. Sulik criticised the companies that use "pink culture", saying they did nothing more than reinforce the idea that "breast cancer is a danger only because it threatens womens sexual identity and mens access to their breasts. The book goes on to explain that the use of pink only trivialized the disease than raise awareness of its dangers.
- The women wrestlers on GLOW (2017) wear bright pink leotards for a show that involves a wedding to highlight their curves.
- How I Met Your Mother: The "Lusty Leopard" is a strip club in New York City that uses a pink slogan, pink neon lights and some of the strippers have pink outfits. Quinn "Karma" Garvey is one of these strippers and has a pink motif as she's a sexually confident woman who enjoys her job as a stripper.
- Impeachment Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky both wear pink to signal their sexual desire for one another, Bill in public when Monica meets himin a crowd (albeit he's wearing a respectable pink polo shirt) while Monica appears in a demure dark colored pantsuit at work but briefly lifts her blazer to flash Bill a bubblegum tinted lace thong on her curvy hip, Bill's attention is discreetly kept by her.
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: In The Gang Buys A Roller Rink, Dennis is called to bring a briefcase to Frank for business purposes and the two get into a misunderstanding as Dennis wanted to see Frank doing "what he does at work" so they can work together, but Frank was actually using a prostitute and needed Dennis to provide viagra. The scene cuts to a very happy Frank paying the prostitute and a traumatized Dennis sitting in a pink chair next to pink flowers, having watched Frank and the prostitute the entire time because he thought Dennis wanted to watch him "doing what he does at work". Before the scene, there's a painting behind Dennis that contains shades of pink and there are pink napkins in Frank's hotel room.
- The IT Crowd:
- In "The Haunting of Bill Crouse", Roy wears a pink shirt with crossed guitars on it (brown Stratocasters) as talks about Bill "The News" Crouse's history of bragging about his sex life. Roy also leaves to lech on the girls on the 5th floor, unwittingly getting the attention of a freakishly ugly woman called Judy, who proceeds to harass him for the rest of the episode. In "Italian for Beginners", the pink t-shirt returns as it was worn by Roy's girlfriend, Julia, as a pajama top.
- Douglas Reynholm is the new boss of Reynholm Industries and is shown wearing pink in a few episodes (a t-shirt, a tie, and a dress shirt). Douglas is obsessed with sex, is openly sexist, and is obsessed with Jen.
- Mad Men: A few of the women characters have worn pink to signal sexual interest and desirability.
- Betty Draper, aside from wearing her customary blues, would wear pink to show off her glacial and beautiful Nordic features and because she sees her desirability as "earning my keep". This often gets Played With as she gets sexually harassed in a white shirtdress with pink stripes by her husband's boss ("Red in the Face"), wears a light pink lace and chiffon cocktail dress for Valentine's Day with her then-husband Don where the night ended less than erotically ("For Those Who Think Young"), played somewhat straight when comedian Jimmy Barrett flirts with her while her husband tries to keep him on one of the agency accounts ("The Benefactor"), her future husband Henry flirts with her while she is pregnant in a white lace dress with a pink ribbon empire waistline, wears pink two times in Season 6 to signal sexual desire to Henry and she sleeps with ex-husband Don.
- Peggy, as the less traditionally feminine female characters on the show, doesn't frequently wear this color except for the few occasions, two where she signals sexual desire and gets it ("At the Codfish Ball" where her boyfriend proposes shacking up and "In Care Of" where she wears a short Little Black Dress with a bright pink empire ribbon that entices her boss to sleep with her).
- Joan Holloway embodies sex appeal in the office and wears a rainbow of palettes that draw attention to her red hair and curvaceous figure plays with this trope as pink is a color that draws male attention, both positive and negative.
- Trudy Campbell wears a bright shocking shade of pink when she invites her estranged husband Pete, to sleep with her for Mother's Day.
- Mongrels: Archie, one of Destiny's many lovers, has his ears dyed pink and it's revealed that he's actually a prostitute that Gary hired in an effort to make Destiny pregnant.
- The anti-feminist housewives in Mrs. America and their leader Phyllis Schlafly (and Lottie Beth Hobbs to a greater extent) weaponize pink as part of their adherence to traditional femininity and how seriously they take the opinions of men about their worth (including their desirability). Lottie's group uses pink flyers against the ERA, Phyllis wears pink when she uses anti-feminism to get her male colleagues to listen to her and when her husband assaults her, Jacquie Davison wears pink and uses pink thread for her Awesome, but Impractical pillows (in lieu of pies and cakes for legislators) to draw attention to her sex appeal and bosomy figure, and Alice Macray wears pink as it flatters her skintone and drinks a Pink Lady.
- My Name Is Earl: "Club Chubby" is a strip club in Camden County that has Catalina under their employ as one of their best and most famous stripper. It's common to see pink lights during these scenes (from neon signs, lampshades, and spotlights), even when Randy used the stripper pole (not dancing he was just feeling how hot it was and people treated him like a performing stripper).
- Parks and Recreation: The "Glitter Factory" is a strip club in Pawnee, Tom Haverford loves this place while Leslie Knope hates it. It has a pink neon sign, a pink-lit bar, and pink stage lights.
- Peacemaker (2022): Downplayed, the intro to the show has the cast dancing to "Do You Wanna Taste It" by Wig Wam and the dance involves a lot of pelvic thrusts, which activate the pink stage lights. As a character, Peacemaker makes a lot of dirty jokes, makes unwanted advances towards women, and makes sexual references.
- Pink Erotic is the name of a television franchise of Serbian adult entertainment.
- Reaper: In "Coming to Grips", an escaped soul calling himself Jack King started working in a sperm bank and selling his sperm to oblivious mothers and becoming a father to hundreds of children who aren't aware of their relation to him or their half-siblings. Jack is a narcissistic pervert who has the power to multiply himself and wears a salmon pink dress shirt in the final confrontation within a hospital that's covered with pink wallpaper.
- The Goes Wrong Show: Played for laughs. In "'The Cornley Drama Festival Part 2'", Mr. Carmichael, Miss Pennyforth, and the Archbishop of Canterbury each wear pink in the raunchy sex comedy that had to be drastically censored.
- The Story of Tracy Beaker: Downplayed. The color pink is often used to represent feelings love and romance between characters.
- Karen Wheeler in the 3rd Season of Stranger Things wears a two-toned, high leg cut one piece swimsuit in teal and a shocking pink to signal attention from the 18 year old lifeguard at the local pool. This works until she backs out from a date at the last minute and shows up the next day in bright pink lipstick shade with that suit (aside from the red shade previously) to tell him they cannot have an affair.
- Torchwood: In Day One, there is a pink gas that has the ability to possess living beings and increase their beauty, their sex drive, and their libido. While the host develops a mastery of sex and seduction, the Sex Gas would slowly kill its host by increasing the size of their brains and hearts while also shrinking their lungs. The Sex Gas would also kill the host's partner by disintegrating them and absorbing the ashes once the victim has climaxed.
- Ariana Grande has used a pink color scheme and aesthetic in her music videos to emphasize sex appeal.
- Aerosmith has the song Pink, which is incredibly blatant with its imagery.
"I want to be your lover
I want to wrap you in rubber
As pink as the sheets that we lay on
Cause pink is my favorite crayon, yeah"
- Cardi B performed "WAP" with Megan Thee Stallion and uses a lot of raunchy lyrics and sexual references. In both the music video and the live performance, pink is a common sight as shown by the lighting, the clothing, and pink decorations.
- Doja Cat: As part of her sex appeal, Doja Cat is associated with the color pink when she appears scantily clad. As shown by the album Hot Pink and the "grass outfit" where she wields pink hedge clippers, wears pink gloves and she has dyed her hair pink. Doja Cat is also seen as an icon for sex positivity and body confidence. Quote "Cyber Sex":
"Pussy all pink with a tan
And I play with it til my middle fingers are cramped up.
- Janelle Monáe: Janelle Monae's song "Pynk" associates the color with a lot of sexual and intimate imagery. The video features dancers in pink pants that resemble a labia.
"Pink like the inside of your, baby
Pink behind all of the doors, crazy
Pink like the tongue that goes down, maybe
Pink like the paradise found
Pink when you're blushing inside, baby"
- Julia Michaels's song "Pink" is about sex with a boyfriend. She even clarifies that it's not a metaphor for anything else in the chorus:
"There are no innuendos
It's exactly what you think
Believe me when I tell you that he loves the color pink, oh"
- Katy Perry: The music video for "California Girls" has Snoop Dogg wearing a pink tie with a candy-themed pink waistcoat. The women in the video also wear some variant of pink in the video.
- Perturbator: The cover art for Sexualizer features pink with female vampires in suggestive positions.
- P!nk: Invoked with her name due to the themes of sex in her music. The origin of her name was based on this, allegedly, she showed her vagina to one of her friends and he remarked: "It's pink!" The name itself was inspired by Reservoir Dogs, as she was named "Mr. Pink" due to her resemblance to Steve Buscemi.
- Shakira: In the music video for "Can't Remember To Forget You" with Rihanna, there is a scene that has Shakira bathing in water to salmon pink lighting.
- The Darkness: Pink is used predominantly in the music video for the song "I Believe in a Thing Called Love", Justin Hawkins's hair dyed pink, there's pink lighting everywhere, pink smoke, a pink statute of two women fondeling each other, and Hawkins fights a crab alien on a pink planet.
"Touching you, touching me
Touching you, God, you're touching me
I believe in a thing called love
Just listen to the rhythm of my heart
There's a chance we could make it now
We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down
I believe in a thing called love"
- Classical Mythology
- As a deity that represents beauty, love, and pleasure, Aphrodite is commonly associated with the color pink.
- While Persephone was usually associated with darker colors, a pink pomegranate is what allows her to stay in the underworld. Some interpretations of the myth treat it as a coming of age story with the pomegranate representing a sexual awakening.
- In crystal therapy, rose quartz, a strikingly pink crystal, is beneficial for promoting romance and sexual intimacy. The rose quartz is also believed to be beneficial in assisting the energies of the heart chakra downwards, to those regions where an energy boost will apparently do the most good.
- In the seven deadly sins, pink is often associated with the deadly sin of lust.
- Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000: Pink is one of the sacred colours of Slaanesh. A Dark God of Chaos, famous for being the embodiment of pleasure, lust, desire, passion, and basically any kind of earthly gratification that is pursued by pure hedonism. Including pain as pleasure, and any kind of sexual kink.
- In Six: The Musical, Katherine Howard's signature color is pink, and her main schtick, at least until she has her mid-song realization, is her perceived flirtatious nature and her sexual relationships with men up until her death.
- The Vagina Monologues is about various discussions about the vagina (related to sex, menstruation, pubic hair, etc). Promotional images for the play often feature a lot of red and pink, evoking imagery of the body.
- The Binding of Isaac: The Lust miniboss has pink skin and its themed around sexual depravity and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Bioshock: The Eve's Garden cabaret features pink lights. Likewise, in Burial At Sea, Cupid's arrow, which sells erotic materials, such as books, has pink lights too.
- Bioshock 2: In Little Eden Plaza, there is a brothel known as The Pink Pearl. It was originally a hotel called "The Pearl" but was changed to "The Pink Pearl" after it became a brothel and its residents became prostitutes. Fittingly, the beds are lit up with pink lights.
- Borderlands 2: If Moxxie is given enough tips at her bar then the player can receive a unique pink submachine gun called "Good Touch" or "Miss Moxxie's Good Touch". If the player is using a controller then it will vibrate with the gun, if that wasn't enough Moxxie says she likes to use it in her "alone time". There's also the "Slow Hand", a unique pink E-tech shotgun that comes with the line "Take your time, Sugar...", the "Rabid Kitten", the "Grog Nozzle", and the "Crit". All of which belong to Moxxie and can be gained through other missions.
- Downplayed. The flirt interaction is represented by a pink heart and Jimmy has to provide flowers to achieve a kiss. When he passes all art classes, the heart symbol changes to a passionate red as he's now able to seduce girls without needing to provide flowers.
- Downplayed. Lola Lombardi is a promiscuous character who seduces boys for personal gain and to get a reaction from her hot-headed boyfriend, Johnny. Her character design consists of a pink crop top under her leather jacket or a pink sweater during the Greaser chapter.
- Bungo to Alchemist: Tanizaki's default outfit is a pink kimono, and he's a hammily perverted and masochistic writer.
- Catherine: The game has a predominant use of pink and is about a man caught in a love triangle between Katherine McBride, his loyal and steadfast girlfriend, and Catherine, a gorgeous and carefree woman. Catherine is actually a succubus who seduces men by shapeshifting into their ideal girlfriend and then punishing them by dooming them to their nightmares. Her M.O either implies that she is a rapist or she is a consenual succubus at best.
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony has Miu Iruma, a Gadgeteer Genius who dresses all in pink. By far the most foul-mouthed and vulgar of the cast, Miu is also an extremely perverted Proud Beauty who boasts about her intelligence almost as much as she does about her bust size.
- Dark Deception: The entrance to the hospital in Torment Therapy is lit up by pink signs, the hospital itself has a pink and red interior, and the level enemies are seductive nurses. This level is designed to represent Doug's lust for other women and sexual misconduct.
- Dead by Daylight: Implied, Yui Kimura is one of the survivors and she is a street racer who uses pink as a motif. Her pink hachimaki became a symbol of feminist empowerment after she had to defend herself from a stalker who broke into her apartment. While the game doesn't outright say what the stalker's intentions were, it's pretty clear that he broke into her apartment with the intention of raping her. Afterwards, her pink hachimaki also became a symbol of unity for women who suffer from stalkers and abusers.
- Dead Rising
- Pink is used to highlight erotica photo elements, which is when Frank takes photos of a woman's cleavage and/or crotch.
- Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record:
- Randall "Randy" Tugman is a psychopath who uses the outbreak in Fortune City to lose his virginity by forcefully marrying his hostage. Randy's arena has pink in the background and Randy wields a Giant Pink Chainsaw that he gives phallic connotations.
- Amber and Crystal Bailey are the alluring and cruel hostesses of Terror is Reality. They work with the central host, Tyrone King, in robbing Fortune City during a zombie outbreak. They capture Rebecca Chang in the Shoal Nightclub and fight the protagonist with katanas. Their arena is covered in pink lighting and the pair mock the protagonist by making sexual references as part of their insults. Their hostage, Rebecca Chang, has flirtatious interactions with the protagonist in this level.
- The Silver Strip in Fortune City has some shades of pink due to the "Hot Excitorama", a sex shop decorated with pink.
- In Dead Rising 3, Dylan Fuentes is the psychopath who represents the deadly sin of lust. Dylan wears a pink cowboy hat, pink shoes, and pink underwear. His theme also includes lyrics that appear to be Virgin-Shaming and laughing at the response, as they appear to be asking "When was the first time you had sex" before changing the question to "When was the last time you had sex".
- Far Cry 3: After rescuing some of his friends, Jason now has to rescue his friend Keith from Bambi "Buck" Hughes. From the start, Buck is shown to be a perverted psychopath as he makes multiple sexual references, hits on Jason, and repeatedly jokes about Keith's captivity. After finally retrieving the ancient Chinese dagger for Buck, Jason meets Keith and while the game doesn't outright say what happened to him, it's evident by Keith's visible fear and reaction to physical contact that Buck bought him as a sex slave and has been raping him repeatedly. Buck's tattoo contains pink roses, his sex dungeon has pink lighting, and Buck is fought under pink lighting, symbolising a sexual awakening in Jason as he becomes more violent and aggressive against the pirates and reflecting his eroding sanity on the Rook Islands.
- Far Cry 4: Yuma Lau is Pagan Min's second-in-command and she wears pink, like her boss. However, while Pagan wears pink out of love for his mother, Yuma makes sexual references while wearing the color. She uses hallucinogenics to torture Ajay Ghale and disarms him by seducing him in his drugged state. It's implied by Pagan's comments that she has a habit of molesting and/or castrating male victims, as he says "I want him alive, with all the bits that count intact." She also uses the word "weak" to describe things she doesn't like and she hates the idea of romance.
- Fate/Grand Order: Medb, the Celtic Queen known for her high sex drive, has pink hair. She frequently flaunts her beauty whenever she can, and many of her abilities center around sex; her 'Noble Phantasm' is basically her raping her enemies.
- Kiara's dresses always have a pink lining or underlayer, in some forms as exposed undergarments. In Fate/EXTRA CCC, she is a corrupt nun who has achieved a sex-fueled version of Enlightenment and uses it to pleasure herself; in Grand Order, she is an Anthropomorphic Personification of the concept of desire itself, whether in a sexual, platonic, or abstract sense... and uses it to pleasure herself.
- God of War 3: Aphrodite makes her first physical appearance in Olympus. She has a high sex drive and is found having sex with her handmaidens as both Greece and Olympus are falling apart because of Kratos. Aphrodite's Chamber has a pink and purple color scheme to reflect her title as the goddess of sex.
- Grand Theft Auto V: The Vanilla Unicorn is a strip club that possesses a neon pink and red aesthetic.
- Hades: Aphrodite is a lustful and flirty goddess of love, and her eyes, symbol, boons, and hair are all pink. Aphrodite is also the only character who appears in the nude (with her hair covering up anything too explicit), and her boons are themed around charm and seduction.
- Hitman 3: In the Seven Deadly Sins DLC, Lust's level is decorated with pink and red.
- HuniePop: Kyu Sugardust is a love fairy, wears pink and has pink hair, and is a very noticeable sex maniac who doesn't hesitate to send pics of herself masturbating to the protagonist.
- Injustice 2: Poison Ivy is a seductive villain who can kill people by kissing them with poisonous lips. In her intros, she emerges from a pink flower with pink pheromone dust surrounding her as she hits on her opponents.
- Lollipop Chainsaw: Josey is the fourth Dark Purveyor fought by Juliet, he is known as the "Master of funk" and is a hedonist who makes sexual remarks towards Juliet (she even calls him a "perv" for making fun of Stephen Hawking). Josey wears a bright pink fur coat with a pink star, a pink top hat, pink high-heeled sneakers, a diaper with a pink star on it and a pink keytar with a microphone attached. His arena also has a pink and purple aesthetic, pink lighting, his keytar fires pink lazer beams and his mini ufo has pink neon lights.
Josey: What's the matter, babeee?! You didn't like our phone S-E-X-X-X?! That's a pity.
Juliet: Umm... Let me think... Dude, give us Rosalind, now. And quit making fun of Stephen Hawking. He's a great man, you perv!
Josey: I'm the pervert? You're the one with a head hanging from your hip.
- Mafia II: Joe is a member of the mafia and he enjoys spending his nights with prostitutes. In the '50s, Joe's apartment gets redecorated with a pink color scheme.
- Miitopia: Downplayed. The relationship mechanic starts using a pink color scheme to reflect the closeness of two miis. When the relationship reaches stage 3, the miis will show pink hearts over their eyes and show a pink camera border.
- No More Heroes: Bad Girl is introduced bludgoning clones in S&M gear with a bat and is a representation of the dominance and submission fetish. Bad Girl is given a lot of sexual references and she's completely shameless and honest about her enjoyment of killing, unlike Travis who justifies his killings as desiring to be the best. The fact that the clones are wearing S&M gear implies that she takes sexual gratification from killing and the fight against her includes a raunchy theme called "Pleather for Breakfast". After the fight, Travis stabs her with his katana while saying "Naughty girls need spankings." but she refuses to submit and continues to beat Travis until he surrenders out of pity. Accepting his surrender, Bad Girl lays on top of Travis, recreating a sexual position and her final words almost sounds like she's climaxed from Travis's surrender. Her outfits have a pink color scheme and her fight against Travis has her wear a pink frilly dress.
Travis: "You're no assassin, you're just a perverted killing maniac."
Bad Girl: "In essence, they're the same. Don't go on thinking you're better than me. You think you're hot shit! Who the fuck do you think you are?
- Persona 5: Kamoshida has a Lust motif, which, in addition to his lust for the Glory Days, is also shown to extend to the typical "sexual" idea of lust, to a monstrous degree. Naturally, his Shadow's boss form is a giant, pink demon with an Overly-Long Tongue that he uses on a cognitive copy of Ann.
- Downplayed. Moves like "Attract", "Charm", "Draining Kiss" and "Sweet Kiss", the moves are colored pink as they have the ability to cause the target to be immobilized by love.
- Downplayed. The Pokémon Jynx has been frequently described in Pokédex entries as flirtatious and seductive. Fittingly, not only does she have large pink lips, but she wears a pink dress in the international versions of Pokémon Gold and Silver. The latter is carried over to her shiny colouration in later games, which otherwise restore her earlier red dress.
- Saints Row:
- The sex stores all have a mix of red and pink, some clothing from those stores also has a pink design by default. Technically Legal, a strip club in Steelport and Stilwater also uses pink as part of their aesthetic.
- In Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell, the gun themed around Lust is called Boom Chicka and has a pink colour scheme. When fired at the target, the victim walks up to the player as if they were trying to seduce them.
- Shin Megami Tensei V: In Cleopatra's signature move, Frolic, the demon suggestively runs her hands up her body while implicitly naked and surrounded by a pink background, commanding the player to look upon her, and then she will strike a pose while unleashing a party-wide debuff that can also Charm enemies.
- Silent Hill 2: Maria is a stripper from Heaven's Night and wears lots of pink: her jacket, her skirt and the tips of her hair. She's also the embodiment of James' sexual desires for his wife.
- The Sims 4: The "Flirty" moodlet is associated with the color pink, which can come from actions such as flirting with another Sim, taking a "steamy shower", or watching the romance channel. Flirty Sims may then have the chance to "Woo-Hoo".
- South Park: The Fractured but Whole: The Peppermint Hippo has a pink aesthetic as part of the design; as shown by the pink womens only sign, the strippers wearing pink, the moans as part of the theme, the pink chairs, the pink stage, the pink lights, and Spontaneous Bootay's title card as she slams her butt into two (very happy) male customers while under pink lights while wearing a pink scarf.
- Tomodachi Life: Downplayed. The compatibility tester is a location that allows players to test the compatibility of their Miis and the screen will gradually show a pink background with hearts the more romantically compatible the 2 Miis are.
- The Wolf Among Us: The "Pudding & Pie" is a strip club owned by Georgie Porgie and it has pink lights outside to signify its presence, as well as pink neon signs, a pink logo, and pink interior lighting.
- Hazbin Hotel:
- Angel Dust is a promiscuous sinner demon who has bright pink spots throughout the white fur on his body. His suit also features a white/pink color scheme.
- Valentino, Angel's boss, is a pimp Demon Lord who keeps sex slaves for his sex club, he wears bright pink shades and his alluring smoke has bright pink colors.
- Helluva Boss: While many succubi appear in the series, one notable example is Verosika Mayday a famous succubus celebrity who organizes concerts on Earth where she uses her succubus nature to charm humans into lust, and her normal form has bright pink skin with pink clothing. She also implies that her former relationship with Blitzø was a thing thanks to the latter's "talents".
- hololive: Former member Aloe Mano was a succubus who had many pink motifs throughout her body; her hair, her heart locket, and her skirt were all pink.
- Jaiden Animations: In "Being Not Straight", Jaiden uses the color pink to represent feelings of romance and sexual attraction while explaining how she never felt either of those things due to being aromantic and asexual. In the video, she talks about being asexual as a woman in a pink bikini is shown, she uses a metaphorical crush lense to see if she finds anyone attractive, and she uses a blushing smiley face to represent her own feelings of sexual attraction and arousal.
- Mystery Skulls Animated: Lewis Pepper is the ex-lover of Vivi Yukino and he seeks to reunite with her despite his undead state. Lewis is depicted with a black and pink design and is unrelenting in his attempts to be with her again. In part 4 of the animation series, Lewis's backstory is accompanied by the song "Hellbent".
"I've been hellbent, baby
Hellbent on lovin' you all day long
Hellbent on drugs 'cause it turned you on
Don't know what else to do
I've been hellbent, baby
Hellbent on makin' you love me, too
Even though not what I'm supposed to do
I don't give a damn"
- Overly Sarcastic Productions:
- Aphrodite is the goddess of sex and is colored in pink. The drawing of Aphrodite Pandemos takes this further by having her drawn in hot pink to reflect her representation as the physical aspects of love, beauty, and sex, she's even drawn wearing a backless dress.
- Legends Summarized: Journey To The West (Part IX): This episode talks about the famous part of the story where Piggsy and Tripitaka accidentally impregnate themselves by drinking magic river water. The story also contains an antagonist who denies women their reproductive rights, Tripitaka is forced into an arranged marriage that promises "spectacular bonking" as one of the benefits, and then Tripitaka is suddenly abducted by a demoness who wants to seduce him. The entire episode has pink in the background to represent both femininity and sexuality.
- Ennui GO!: Izzy Pritchard always dyes her hair a bright pink and has shown to be extremely lustful toward anyone who catches her fancy.
- Outlast: The Murkoff Account: In the second comic, Pauline Glick and Paul Marion are investigating a HR Complaint and meet Richard "Rick" Trager. They immediately suspect him and he repeatedly hits on Pauline and later tries to rape her by spiking her drink. The complaint to HR was that Rick raped his assistant, Michelle, got her pregnant and threatened to fire her if she didn't get an abortion. In the comic, Rick wears a pink dress shirt with his collar popped and his sleeves rolled up just below his elbow.
- Daizu Kosame's Sexy in Pink enforces the trope hardcore. Urara Momojima, the co-protagonist, is well aware that her natural pink hair makes her come off as a flirtatious girl (specifically a heroine from an ero-game), and uses her perceived archetype to her advantage against the teacher she likes, Hanami Harumaki. However, despite everything, she never gets Harumaki to look her way how she wants to, because the woman had a sheltered school life and because she's absolutely Oblivious to Love.
- Anthony Padilla: In "I Spent a day with ARMOURANTH", he talks to the live streamer about her work and she talks about her online persona. In the interview, Armouranth points out the hypocrisy of men using sex appeal for money but shaming women for doing the same. She shows her business-savvy side by revealing that her male demographic were already hitting on her or making other forms of unwanted advances, so she decided to make a profit from it by playing the role she was given. Armouranth explains that she never leads her audience on, her audience just can't comprehend a parasocial interaction and refuses to accept why their favourite content creator can't and won't have sex with them because they were nice to her (revealing that she had to deal with stalkers, harassers, death threats, and she even recounts an incident where someone tried to burn her house down). Fittingly, the light behind Antony is pink, reflecting Armouranth's feminity and sensuous stage persona.
- The Kill Count: For the episode on Revenge (2017), James decorates the background with pink and wears a pink t-shirt as he covers the rape-revenge movie and discusses the topic of sexual assault. He even uses a pink star to cover Richard's genitals in the third act.
- Lazy Masquerade: In "Unsolved Mysteries with Chilling Pieces of Evidence", Lazy uses a pink filter over an asian woman as he talks about the demise of Rebecca Zahau and uses that filter while talking about the husband's internet search history. Due to YouTube's censorship guidelines, Lazy can't say directly what the husband was looking at but he blurred enough to say "Asian bondage porn".
- The Simpsons Theory: For the thumbnails for "Marge Simpson's Secret Bunny Ears! #Shorts" and "10 Simpsons Facts You May Never Have Heard Before in Under a Minute #Shorts" individually show Marge posing seductively with pink text and a pink bandana.
- Sgt Ducky:
- In the video "A Lesson In Back Splash - School Bants", Ducky's crush, Nene, is introduced in a provocative pose against a blue background with pink/magenta stars flashing the background.
- In the video "Rebound & Letdown", Ducky's rebound girl, Mia, is introduced against a pink background and Ducky's friends spent a few seconds gawking at her until Ducky yelled "Dibs!" so he can chat her up.
- American Dad!:
- In My Morning Straight Jacket, Francine decides to help Stan by becoming a groupie to get him through security. She wears a hot pink tube top with pink lipstick and she gets through security by; posing provocatively to the doorman, showing her boobs, and making out with the lady security guard. The ending implies they either have a threesome or Stan gets to watch them making out again.
- In Portrait of Francine's Genitals, Francine reveals that she once modelled for a local artist and that painting is going to be shown in the art gallery. When the family goes to see the painting, she reveals that it's a close-up painting of Francine's vagina and it's revealed to be just two squares with 2 different, solid shades of pink.
- In Stan Knows Best, Hayley becomes a waitress before becoming a stripper at the "Mentally Deficient Young Women" strip club (it was called "Crazy Girls" but it had to be changed). The outdoor sign is pink and the stage is pink.
- Animaniacs: Downplayed. Minerva Mink gained infamy for her overly sexual design and in the cartoon, she's proven to be so attractive that all the males are aroused by the sight of her. In the episodes, she wears a pink modesty towel, a pink and purple dressing gown, and she is surrounded by pink flowers.
- Big Mouth: Pink is a common sight in erotic scenes; when Jay explains his technique for having sex with his pillow, it's a pink tin of beans that he uses for his technique, Coach Steve loses his virginity in a room filled with pink wallpaper, Missy masturbates by humping a worm toy while sleeping in a pink bed, and Connie the Hormone Monstress poses seductively with a towel in the Season 5 trailer.
- Bob's Burgers: Tina's crush, Jairo, is the headmaster of Capoeira, a "sexy form of self-defense". This is treated as Tina's sexual awakening; as Jairo wears pink neckwear to emphasize the sex appeal and one of the women in the back of the advert wears a pink bikini.
- Bojack Horseman: In Planned Obsolescence, Todd finally meets his girlfriend, Yolanda Buenaventura's parents but she hasn't come out as asexual to them yet. When Todd arrives at her parents' house, he discovered her parents are sex-obsessed and are esteemed in the erotic arts (her dad is an erotic writer, her mom is a pornographic actress, and her sister is a sex adviser columnist). Fittingly, her family is pink axolotls.
- Brickleberry: Steve's album, "Wholesome Country Songs", features all sorts of innuendos and erotic wordplay. Steve wears a sparkly pink and white cowboy suit while performing, his band wears pink suits, and they all perform on a pink stage.
- The Cleveland Show:
- Played straight. In "Y Tu Junior Tambien" Cleveland Junior dates and later marries Cecilia, they move into an apartment that's illuminated by a pink neon sign (that shines through one of the windows). On their first night, Cleveland Junior is anxious about sharing a bed with a woman for the first time but he immediately gets over it when he sees Cecilia in a pink alluring nightie as his voice drops by the ten-fold. However, they don't have sex because she figures out Cleveland Junior is only 14 and they both accept that they're too young for marriage.
- Downplayed. In the intro, Cleveland and his new wife Donna are accompanied by the color pink as Cleveland falls in pink water and kisses Donna in front of a large pink heart with the lyrics "Through good times and bad times it's true love we share".
- Close Enough:
- In Where'd You Go, Bridgette?, Pearle decides to help Bridgette lose her addiction to her phone but Alex, Emily, and Josh assume she's gone missing because of her lack of phone activity. According to Emily, Bridgette has a very specific photo to use if she ever went missing and the photo is of Bridgette posing seductively while wearing pink and red lingerie.
- In The Erotic Awakening of A.P. LaPearle, Alex makes an erotic novel set in the Viking era and the use of pink is predominant. Lady Saveria wears pink lipstick and goes to a pink bed with Rothgar to have sex but Alex is cut off before he read out the sex scene.
- F is for Family: The Reynolds family are associated with the color pink and both Vic and Cutie Pie are sexually promiscuous. Their house is decorated in pink and Cutie Pie is shown wearing pink top.
- The Fairly OddParents: Downplayed. In "Emotion Commotion", Timmy's love is depicted as a pink heart.
- Family Guy:
- In Rock Hard, Jim Morrison (played by Peter) meets his girlfriend, Pamela Courson (played by Lois) and the two have sex after Jim reads some poetry. During this scene, the walls are pink and Pamela's underwear is pink.
- In Switch the Flip, Lois becomes incredibly horny after a sex seminar and strips down to her pink underwear. In I am Peter Hear Me Roar, Lois wears a pink dress and gets in a fight with Gloria that arouses Peter so much that he runs home with Lois so they can have sex.
- Quagmire is the sex-obsessed neighbor and friend to the Griffin family. His house has a pink and purple color scheme. His bedroom has pink walls, a magenta bed, and mirrors on the ceiling. When he worked as a stripper in "American Giggolo", it involved pink lighting, pink smoke, and he wore pink with Peter when he worked as a prostitute with Peter as his pimp.
- Zapp Brannigan is the perverted captain of The Nimbus and Leela's unwanted admirer. In his first episode, he seduces Leela into pity sex and makes all sorts of advances towards women. His bedroom is decorated with pink candles, he has a pink bed, and the walls are decorated in pink.
- Amy Wong is one of the main characters in the series, she's openly promiscuous and a source of fanservice for the show. She wears pink clothes, has a pink bed, and has a pink bedside table.
- Gravity Falls: Downplayed. The Love God is a cherub who has the ability to use potions to make people fall in love. When the Love God uses a pink potion on a snake and a badger as a demonstration for Mabel, she says, "They're gonna make a snadger!"
- Harley Quinn (2019):
- Downplayed and played for laughs. When Harley and Ivy start having feelings for one another it's pink lighting that always appears and the pair have sex for the first time after drinking in a pink lit environment. When Harley tries to invoke True Love's Kiss to break Ivy out of her spell, it was not love that releases Ivy from Psycho's control. Doctor Psycho was just so turned on and distracted by the girl-on-girl kiss that he lost the mental focus needed to maintain his control.
- Played straight. In the same episode, Doctor Psycho uses the mind-controlled-Poison Ivy to make Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman sexually attracted to each other by using Ivy's pheromone in order to escape with Harley. The hallucination shows Wonder Woman in a pink filter.
- Inside Job (2021):
- Reagan's mom, Tamiko, lusts for younger men and writes an erotic novel that consists of insulting her ex-husband. In her home, Tamiko has a painting of herself with pink flowers that resemble vaginas.
- Dr. Andre Lee wears pink glasses and a pink shirt, and Magic Myc is a blue and pink sentient mushroom. Both characters are openly obsessed with sex, ranging from attending sex cults to finding orgies, and both are willing to have sex with any being that consents to it.
- Robot Chicken: In Voltron Boner, Pink Lion is one of the members of Voltron and the vehicle is in a phallic position. The vehicle is colored pink and fires acidic plasma, which the villain learns while giving Voltron oral sex.
- The Simpsons:
- In "What Animated Women Want", Homer wants to apologize to Marge by making sex more exciting, so he goes to a local sex shop. He buys and builds a lot of pink sex toys and equipment, but gets injured by them while showing them to Marge. While they don't use the items, it does allow them to make amends and they sit together while burning the toys.
- In Alone Again Natura Diddily, Homer's dating video for Ned has shades of this; the video shows a shirtless Ned doing some gardening with pink flowers and he's wearing a pink shower cap as his footlong penis is in full display (albeit censored).
- While trying to seduce Homer, Marge is known to wear a pink nightie or a pink dressing gown. When she modeled for Maxim magazine, she posed seductively while wearing a pink bandana. When she modeled for playboy, she parodied one of their previous models by wearing a pink see-through nightie while carrying doughnuts.
- Solar Opposites: In "Terry and Korvo Steal a Bear", Tim and Cherry exchange the stories about their scars and they decide to have sex in a room that's lit up with pink lighting.
- South Park:
- Classi drives a car that has her name written in pink with a penis logo. According to Classi, her name is written with an I, and a little dick that hangs off the C that bends around and fucks the L out of ASS; CLASS-I.
- In The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers, Sharon Marsh wears pink and red lingerie before having sex with Randy while watching porn. In Crème Fraîche, Sharon (as well as some of the models) wears a pink sports bra with pink socks as she uses the shake weight in a very erotic manner.
- Downplayed. In "Post Covid: The Return of Covid", Cartman and Yentl stand in front of a pink stained glass window as they declare their love for each other after realizing that restoring the timeline will more than likely prevent the two from meeting each other and Cartman redeeming himself through their love for each other.
- The Boys: Diabolical: In "Boyd in 3D", Boyd and his partner, Cherry, kiss under a pink filter and proceed to have sex off-screen. It then cuts to a pink diner and a visual innuendo of a waitress putting whipped cream on a pie.
- The Venture Bros.: Brock Samson and Warriana had some interest in each other but only had sex after Brock was extremely horny under the influence of God Gas. During this time, Brock's eyes were pink and he woke up in a pink bed (with Warriana's whip still in his ass).
- Villainous: Downplayed. Miss Heed is a flirtatious superheroine and influencer with pinkish skin, hair, and clothes, decorated in heart shapes and motifs. Miss Heed's all-pink appearance ties in with her seductive personality, her midriff-baring and figure-accentuating outfit (which is designed to emphasize her sensuous appeal), and she has the ability to control peoples' minds through the pink pheromones of her perfume (which are akin to an aphrodisiac/date rape drug).