Tropes applying to the whole group
- Cast Full of Gay: Everyone with the exception of Rolen is at least bisexual.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Very much have this dynamic due to their respective backgrounds.
No OneNo is a Warforged Barbarian originally created by Inistina Sanguine, a Wizard and proprietess of the Cyran Tea Company. After breaking with Inistina he joined up with a Mercenary band called The Spyte of Darkness and became the lover of Kolero, the bands Tiefling leader, until they were killed in an ambush that left him the sole survivor. No rarely speaks, instead mainly relying on Drow Sign Language to communicate.
- Bi the Way: Was in a relationship with Kolero, a male Tiefling, but clearly has feelings for Salome.
- Children in Tow: How he ends up with four ducklings who imprint on him because he resembles their mother (a black Muscovy duck with similar coloration)
- Elective Mute: No can speak, but he usually doesn't, and instead uses drow sign. When he does speak out loud it has The Silent Bob effect.
- The Lost Lenore: Kolero, his former lover who died along with the rest of The Spyte of Darkness.
- Overly Long Tongue: As they discovered on their trip to The Suburra. This along with giving the lady he spent the evening with gold instead of silver has made him very popular.
- Twice Shy: With Salome, to the point even Kolero's ghost tells him to stop beating around the bush.
- The Worf Effect: During the fight with Morax, the demon makes a beeline for No and hits him with all four arms, nearly knocking him unconscious in a single round.
RolenRolen is a half-elf Barbarian who is courting (his words) The Raven Queen. Hes been accepted by her and is still trying to figure out just what his new role as her Hexblade means.
- Hopeless Suitor: What the rest of the party thinks he is to The Raven Queen. Her own opinion on it remains to be seen.
- Mushroom Samba: He acquires some hallucinogenic mushrooms in The Suburra that he later decides to bring out just for fun and spends the next hour tripping balls.
- Power Tattoo: He gains The Raven Queen's symbol on his shoulder after forming his contract with her.
- Sinister Scythe: His pact weapon is a giant scythe with a rusty blade.
SalomeSalome is a half-elf Arcane Trickster who has been very tight-lipped about her past, though it was clearly not a happy one. Shes salty and sarcastic but slowly warming up to the others as time goes on.
- Facial Markings: She has a marking that resembles a lotus on her forehead.
- Heroic BSoD: She doesn't take being subjected to Sayyida's Dominate Person well at all. Humorously, she also goes into one after sampling one of Rolen's hallucinogenic mushrooms and suffers complete ego death for about an hour.
- Tsundere: A classic case.
TrisT'risqualyn Aleanep, also known as Tris, is from a wealthy drow family and an Eldritch Knight. Despite her background she views others as equals and tries to treat everyone fairly.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: One of the things she demonstrates when making fun of Rolen.
- Pint Sized Power House: She's five foot nothing but manages to shame Ramzan, a six foot tall half-orc for attempting to mug Rix.
- Spoiled Sweet: Her wealth is pretty obvious compared to the others, but she's also a genuinely sweet person.
RixA Baltra Lizardfolk Cleric of Semuanya, he joins the party as part of his quest to see the world and try as many foods as he can.
- Extreme Omnivore: Part of his personal journey is to sample as many foods as possible, so he's not picky.
- Lizard Folk: He's a Baltra, a native species to Raetia.
CinnamonA unique, sweet smelling Pseudodragon found in Krampus' realm that attached herself to Salome and became her familiar.
- Expy: She's basically Stitch in Pseudodragon form.
- Lazy Bum: She was supposed to be Krampus' letter carrier, but they found her sleeping in the forest skipping work.
DasherOne of Krampus' reindeer, Tris befriended her during their fight and she became Tris' flying mount.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She's mostly black with bony spikes along her back and a skull for a face, but she's actually gentle and a little skittish.
Ireena KolyanaA mysterious young woman who appeared in Raetia three years ago, Ireena published a book about hunting vampires that has earned her a reputation as a vampire hunter and made her the go-to expert on undead in the region. Quiet and guarded, few people know exactly how she knows what she does. She calls herself both a Cleric of Lathander and a Paladin of the Order of Vengeance.
- Bi the Way: Though it was first revealed casually in FOTR, here it's much more obvious since she's in a relationship with Tamra Copperscale.
- Heroic RRoD: Her boon from Lathander has some pretty big drawbacks, and results in her coughing up blood, among other things.
- Mysterious Past: Though people who've read FOTR know what her deal is, in-game Ireena is very cagey about her past.
- Older and Wiser: She was 18 in FOTR but is 28 here, and while she can still get emotional is a lot more mature.
- No-Sell: The Leanansidhe's Charm fails completely on her, which pisses her off, due to certain events in FOTR.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Ireena is all of 5'2", but carries a greataxe almost as tall as she is.
- Too Spicy for Yog-Sothoth: One of her boons from Lathander gives her this, allowing her to turn her blood into liquid sunlight, which is bad news for any vampires trying to suck her blood. Doubles as Regret Eating Me as she immediately declares to the Leanansidhe if she wants her blood she can have it and throws it in her face.
Little BoyIreena's summoned Paladin mount, a red haired warhorse. Being a Celestial, he's far smarter than a regular horse.
- Bond Creatures: As a summoned mount he's this.
- Cool Horse
- Road Apples: When Rolen tries to communicate with him, he lifts his tail up and drops a giant turd.
- Sapient Steed: He's not capable of speech, but he manages to communicate otherwise, and his Intelligence score is actually higher than No's, meaning he's as smart as an average human.
Yevgeny PavlovichYevgeny "Zheyna" Pavlovich describes himself as having two skills: Noticing things and shooting things. Preferably in that order. Blunt and sarcastic, he seems to know Ireena from their mutual past but is just as tight lipped as she is about it, and isn't entirely thrilled to realize he's effectively become the babysitter to a new group of adventurers since it's now his job to keep them alive.
- Comicbook Fantasy Casting: He's pretty much a slightly older version of Jerome Flynn, specifically as Bronn. His letter to the rest of the Fellowship has him amazed at "The God of Tits and Wine" (Sharess) as a callback to this.
- Cool Uncle: He doesn't like being referred to as "dad" (since he went out of his way to avoid having biological children) but he'll accept being referred to as an uncle.
- Ethical Slut: Just like he was in FOTR, here he's got several women he sees regularly who all know about each other and is on a first name basis with multiple people in The Suburra.
- Friendly Sniper: After he warms up to the group he becomes their neighborhood friendly sniper man.
- Real Men Wear Pink: When No is making flower crowns Yevgeny asks for one since he's very secure in his masculinity and wears it the entire time they're at Lake Alcmene.
Abaraham VascoA fellow monster hunter Ireena met in her travels, she contacts Vasco to help the party after they encounter Tristan when he tries to abduct Camilla.
- Expy: He's pretty much McCree, except with crossbows instead of a gun.
- Nice Hat: Fitting his cowboy image.
- Smoking Is Cool: Is almost always smoking a cigar.
Savana VelikovaAnother transplant from FOTR and played by Savana's original player as a guest character.
- Bad Liar: Osculates between this and good lies.
Lady Julia CarpatesLady Julia Carpates III is the recognized ruler of Raetia and a Queen in all but name, since "Queen" has some negative connotations for those who have lived under Cassian rule in the past. Generally considered to a wise and fair ruler, she splits her time between Comvos and her home in Carpates. Her eldest daughter, known as Julia the Younger (Lia to her friends and family), is getting married in a few months.
- Comic-Book Fantasy Casting: Her profile picture is based directly on a picture of Helen Mirren.
- Outliving One's Offspring: Though Ezra hasn't been confirmed to be dead he's assumed to be, and Lady Julia took the loss hard, especially after losing her husband only two years before.
- Parents as People: She clearly loves her children, but has neglected Camilla due to the pain of staying at their home in Carpates because of her husband's death and Ezra's disappearance.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: The Lady Julia is well respected for this reason.
- Uneven Hybrid: She's 1/8th Elvwn through her great grandfather, Peredur. She's functionally human but with a slightly unusual hair color, resistance to Charm effects and a chance to life longer than the human average.
Eamon AgravayneEamon Agravayne is a Paladin of the Crown and the leader of the Crownsguard. Known for his grating personality, Agravayne is nonetheless acknowledged as being an effective leader and is permanently off of Terrasyn Oleander's kill list, since while he is a pain in her ass he's reasonable and willing to work with her.
- Asexuality: When they ask him about Dominic's accusation that he's sleeping with Lady Julia he outright laughs and says he's not interested in anyone.
- Good Is Not Nice: He's one of the few Lawful Good characters in the setting and is very concerned with law and order and fairness, but even people who like him admit his personality is rather grating.
- Last-Name Basis: Everyone calls him "Agravayne" with the exception of Terrasyn, who calls him Eamon specifically to threaten him.
- To Be Lawful or Good: He proves to be more the latter than the former when he intervenes at Johari being beaten by the Old Bone Mother. Even the DM was surprised at this.
- We Are as Mayflies: Keladry, his second in command, mentions that he was first in the Crownsguard academy with her great-grandfather. He's 157 years old.
Tamra CopperscaleA Copper Dragonborn and the Knowledge Keeper at the Temple of Deneir, Raetia's largest library and a repository of the most knowledge on the continent. She's also Ireena Kolyana's lover.
- Bookworm: As the head Cleric of a Knowledge God this is a prerequisite.
- Encyclopaedic Knowledge: Part of her Knowledge Cleric package. What she doesn't know personally she can find out through her Channel Divinity Knowledge of the Ancients or through various spells.
- Precision F-Strike: She's one of the nicest characters the party interacts with regularly, so it says a lot when she hears what the Leanansidhe did to Ireena and outright calls her a cunt.
Hadi MuljanaThe representative of the Baltra Lizardfolk who sits on the Council, Hadi is mainly concerned with the trade and fishing industries since they are his people's lifeblood.
Farai OkekeFarai Okeke is the elected representative of the Barbarian tribes of Raetia, hailing from the Kilele tribe who make their home at the base of the Altan Mountains. Many members of his tribe have a touch of Celestial in their family tree, meaning many of them are Aasimar, as demonstrated by their golden eyes.
- Comicbook Fantasy Casting: The image used for his profile is a picture of Idris Elba as Heimdall in Thor: Ragnarok.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: He's one of the Kilele's Leopard Men, granted to him by Nobanion.
- Semi-Divine: As an Aasimar, he has a small bit of Celestial in his family tree, demonstrated by his Supernatural Gold Eyes.
Savitri SatrapiSavitri Satrapi is the half-elf leader of Merchant's Guild, a very powerful group of entrepreneurs and traders in Raetia. She is a survivor from the city of Jadwal, where a powerful Warlord tried to kill all the half elves in the city, but was rescued by a Loxodon trader named Dipali.
- Happily Adopted: Dipali adopted her after she rescued her from the genocide in Jadwal.
- Multiethnic Name: Savitri is Sanskrit while Satrapi is a Persian surname. This is deliberate to demonstrate her mixed heritage.
- Storyboard Body: She has a stylized elephant's head on her arm, and explains that many of the children Dipali rescued got one and call themselves the Elephant's Children.
Minthe and Nikos GreenleafTwo Halfling Archdruids in charge of Ariadne's Rest in the Foloi Forest.
- Good Parents: They're excellent parents to their adopted daughter Meliae, even modifying their house to better accommodate her.
Terrasyn OleanderWhile there are plenty of rogues in Comvos, Terrasyn "Syn" Oleander is THE Rogue, sometimes called the Eighth Council Member, or, when she's not in earshot, Fry Face because of the large scar on the right side of her face. She's the unofficial head of Comvos' underworld and her reach is far and wide, as are her eyes. Follow her rules and you'll get along fine, but break them and you'll wish you'd never been born.
- Expy: The DM even calls her "Tiefling Balalaika" occasionally, and one of Syn's nicknames is Fry Face.
- Floral Theme Naming: Her alias "Nerium" is derived from the scientific name of the Oleander flower.
- Manipulative Bitch: Something Agravayne confronts her about in an extra scene, since she used No to take out Inistina and avoid getting her own hands dirty.
- Smoking Is Cool: She's always seen smoking a giant cigar.
- Two-Faced: The right side of Syn's face is badly burned, which has led to the aforementioned Fry Face nickname.
IskanderIskander is the mysterious head Cleric of the Raven Queen's Temple in Comvos. A Shadar-Kai, or native of the Queen's native plane of The Shadowfell, he is ageless even by their standards.
Meliae GreenleafA Green Dragonborn Paladin of Silvanus who is the Emissary to the Archfey, Tam Lin.
- Blade on a Stick: Fights with a Glaive.
- Flower in Her Hair: She has flowering branches tied to her horns. And occasionally gets bees in them.
- Happily Adopted: By her parents, the Greenleafs, a pair of Halfling Druids.
- Irritation Is the Sincerest Form of Flattery: To Ireena, much to the latter's dismay. Ireena had to talk her out of taking a Vengeance Oath because she couldn't figure out what she wanted to avenge. Instead she took an Ancients Oath.
NicodemusA very large, golden-retriever sized cat who lives in the Temple of Deneir. He just showed up out nowhere one day and no one is entirely sure what the story behind him or his unusual size, rumor has it he was once a witch's familiar.
- Cats Are Magic All attempts to magically communicate with him or magically analyze him have failed, and there's clearly more to him since he's been observed to spend time in a vacuum with no air with no ill effects.
- Cats Are Superior: He walks around like he owns the Library, and is referred to as "Chief" by the Librarians, half-jokingly.
- Mega Neko: He's about the size of a golden retriever and has an extremely deep, guttural meow.
BrennanA Tortle whose defining feature is that he's perpetually baked, he runs in a smoke shop in Lake Alcmene.
- Kitschy Local Commercial: His name comes from one from the New England area, mainly Brennan's Smoke Shop, well known for their radio commercials featuring the owner.
- The Stoner: The entire joke of his character.
OkiloOkilo is the administrator of the town of Lake Alcmene and a well known sight as she bounces around making sure everything is running smoothly. Despite her quirks she's respected for her skills, even if she has a habit of randomly launching up into the air and landing on any nearby snakes to eat them. Also, watch out for the talons. They're no joke.
- Animal Jingoism: Hates snakes, because she's a Secretary Bird.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: She has her quirks but the people of Lake Alcmene respect her for keeping the town running efficiently.
- Furry Reminder: Besides preening herself and puffing up her feathers, she has a tendency to fly up in the air, land on snakes and eat them when she sees them.
- Seldom-Seen Species: She's based on a Secretary Bird.
- Third-Person Person: Sometimes call herself by her own name in the third person.
Stone Boy & Bone BoyTwo golems originally created by Inistina, a stone golem and bone golem respectively. After Inistina is killed Okilo adopts them as her assistants.
- The Hyena: The only vocalization Bone Boy can make is a rather disturbing laugh. Stone Boy can't talk at all.
- Really Was Born Yesterday: Stone Boy is only a couple days old when they encounter him. Bone Boy is slightly older, but only by two months.
Chi'ome Badr'zillA drow rogue sent by Tris' family to keep an eye on her.
- Born Unlucky: The apparent reason for her two Nat 1s.
- Critical Failure: Twice over, the first revealing her location to Hassan, Syn's tail on the group, and the second revealing her to the entire group and forcing her to reveal her identity. Her Stealth modifier is actually pretty good (a +10) but a Nat 1 is a Nat 1.
- Dating Catwoman: Though her and Hassan aren't enemies, they work for different factions and were both tasked with following the party. After enough time together they fall in love and start a relationship.
- Ill Girl: After being stung by the undead pseudodragon she reacts badly to the poison and is bed ridden.
- Named After Somebody Famous: In her case Chiyome Mochizuki. Her surname is from two Arabic words meaning "moon" and "shadow" respectively as a reference to her profession and the latter's historical reputation.
HassanA Tabaxi Rogue tasked by Terrasyn to shadow the party.
- Boxed Crook: How Terrasyn recruited him. He tried to steal from her organization, was caught, then offered a 5 year contact serving her to make up for it as opposed to getting turned in to the Crownsguard.
- Dating Catwoman: Though he and Chi'ome aren't enemies, they work for different factions and were both tasked with following the party. After enough time together they fall in love and start a relationship.
- Furry Reminder: He's a Tabaxi, so his tail puffs up or his ears go flat if he's experiencing strong emotions.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Specifically Hassan i Sabbah, the founder of The Hashshashin.
- The Sneaky Guy: The main way Terrasyn uses him.
JohariJohari is a Ahali Gnoll and the Shaman of the Black Paws Tribe. Concerned about the fate of her people, she left on her own to go to Comvos and beg Lady Juila for help, fearing that they will be genocided by the Vahsi or feral Gnolls if she didn't intervene.
- Cross-Cultural Kerfluffle: Among gnolls, getting up in someone's face and snarling at them is a standard way of reprimanding them. When she does it to Hadi it nearly results in violence until she backs off and apologizes.
- Kukris Are Kool: She carries a kukri as her only weapon.
- Willing Channeler: Part of her duties as a shaman is to channel their God Gorellik.
Keladry PierceAgravayne's second in command in The Crownsguard.
- Blade on a Stick: Fights with a glaive.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Her first name comes from the lead character of Protector of the Small, while her surname from that series' author, Tamora Pierce.
Agus AtmajajaA Baltra Lizardfolk and the only survivor of an attack by The Black Wind, he goes with the party to hunt the pirates down.
- Badass Grandpa: He has multiple grandchildren, one of whom comes over and sits on his lap as he's talking to the party, but still a badass.
- Dented Iron: He lost an eye to one of Sayyida's blades.
- Man Bites Man: As a Lizardfolk, he decides to do this after one of his blades bend when fighting Sayyida.
- Reality Ensues: When he pops up behind Sayyida to try and surprise attack her he accidentally hits himself with one of his blades, since he only has one eye.
- Survivor's Guilt: When Sayyida uses a Fear spell on him he starts screaming that he can't watch everyone die again.
Madame ChengCheng I Sao is a former pirate queen who took a deal to retire and now runs The Black Orchid, a gambling house in Port Margo.
- Iron Lady: She was known for running a very tight ship when she was active.
- Nice Hat: To the point the merfolk know her as "the lady with the big hat."
- No Historical Figures Were Harmed: She is Ching Shih, a famous real life Chinese pirate, going by an alternate way of spelling her name.
- Retired Badass: She's only in her 50s, but she was good enough at pirating that Grainne offered her the deal because it would spare the most lives.
Grainne SilvertoothThe regional commander of the Crownsguard in Port Margo.
- Girls with Moustaches: A bearded dwarf woman.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Like most of the characters in Port Margo, her name comes from a real life pirate. In her case Grainne Ní Mháille (often anglicized as Grace O'Malley).
- No Pronunciation Guide: For the record, it's Graw-NYAH.
AoifeA tabaxi who runs The Red Cat Inn in Port Margo, and an old acquaintance of No's.
- Cat Folk: As a Tabaxi.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: Her usual method to stop fights before they start is to nail the offender in the head with a bottle from across the tavern. Best arm on the Storm Coast 17 years running.
- Hair Color Dissonance: Her Inn is called the Red Cat, but she's actually orange. She's aware of this but Red Cat simply rolls off the tongue better.
- No Pronunciation Guide: It's EE-fa for the record.
BakirianAn ancient Copper Dragon and Tamra's ancestor.
- Drama-Preserving Handicap: The out-of-game reason he has to roll for higher level spells is that he's the equivalent of an 18th level caster and could crush pretty much any enemy immediately.
- Money Fetish: Like all dragons. He's found sleeping in a literal mountain of coins.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: While fighting the zombie hill giant he says "screw it" and shifts to full dragon form. In this form he does over 60 points of damage to the zombie on a single turn, and not even while using his acid breath (which does 14d8 damage) because he didn't want to catch anyone else in it.
- My God, What Have I Done?: He hasn't been seen for a couple decades because he believes he obliterated a burglar who tried to break into his cave, not realizing she was a young girl. Finding out said girl was Terrasyn who is very much alive snaps him out of his funk.
- Outliving One's Offspring: Laments this with his mortal descendants. More directly, his daughter Aykut was killed by Alcmene and he was too late to help her.
- Papa Wolf: The reason his fight with Alcmene was so brutal was because Alcmene had just killed his daughter Aykut.
- Scatterbrained Senior: As a result of both his immense age and not being used to a humanoid form he has difficulty casting high level spells, and if he fails the check gets a roll on the Wild Magic table, which has resulted in things like him teleporting himself across the map, electrocuting his allies and casting Grease on himself.
Camilla CarpatesLady Julia's youngest daughter, Camilla stays at the family's ancestral home of Carpates, a traditional position for the youngest child.
- Rebellious Princess: She's frustrated being left alone in the castle while her family has lives elsewhere, but she's not ready to outright abandon it.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: The party first meets Camilla in fencing gear. When she comes down to dinner in a red dress Rolen is left speechless at how beautiful she looks.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Bakirian tells her she closely resembles her ancestor, Camorra, much to her surprise as she's been told she looks more like her late father than anyone on her mother's side.
BarcaCamilla's half-orc bodyguard, who was brought on after Ezra disappeared.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: Mostly because he's trained her himself, but Camilla is a pretty competent fighter.
- Papa Wolf: He immediately rushes to get Camilla away from Tristan after Nawat goes to fetch him. Before he was hired, he also freed a noble's daughter who was being unknowingly transported as "cargo" by his mercenary group and then went to hunt down his former employer immediately.
- Parental Substitute: Since Immanuel died and Julia spends most of her time in Comvos he's effectively raised Camilla since she was 8 years old.
Tam LinOriginally a human Knight, Tam Lin was abducted by the Archfey Titania and made into her consort against his will to spite Titani's husband Oberon. After Titania got back with Oberon Tam Lin wandered under he ended up in the Foloi Forest and eventually climbed his way up tot he position of Archfey himself. Based on that Tam Lin.
- Animal Motifs: He first appears to Savana from an illusion from a luna moth, one of his familiars.
- Disappeared Dad: He laments he ended up being this to his own child, since Titania took him while his wife was pregnant. He never even found out if their kid was a boy or a girl.
- First Gray Hair: Inverted, when he finds that he's not only growing facial hair again but has a few greys he's thrilled, since it means he's aging again.
- Horned Humanoid: Initially played straight, but it's actually a headdress and he hates it, saying how it's heavy and strains his neck.
- Involuntary Shapeshifter: Titania turns him into a warhorse, a wolf, a lion, a giant snake and finally an Adolescent White Dragon as she tries to hold onto him.
- Naked on Arrival: After they manage to free him he's completely naked, so Rolen gives him some of his cold weather clothing.
- Rummage Sale Reject: In order to Rolen's borrowed clothes he goes to a thrift shop and the resulting gear is rather slapdash in appearance.
- Was Once a Man: He was originally an ordinary human man.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: He hates it, and that's why he contacts Savana to help break her contract so they both can get out from under Titania's thumb.
Dominic WainwrightThe Former Crownsguard Commander, he was forced to resign after refusing to investigate the disappearance of Ezra Carpates, and is now a washed up alcoholic.
- The Alcoholic: While he already was a bit of one, after his wife died he really amped it up. Consequently his Constitution stat is his worst one.
- Bar Brawl: After the party visits him, he goes to his local bar and starts a massive brawl and requires three bouncers and a Banishment spell to finally stop him.
- Deliberately Bad Example: Dominic is basically what the DM though Agravayne would be like before the character had other ideas. Mainly a caustic asshole.
- Fallen Hero: He was actually a decent Commander, but the way he handled Ezra's disappearance spelled the end of his career.
- Stopped Caring: What his son and Agravayne think ultimately led to his decisions on Ezra's case. His wife was sick and dying, Ezra had already been missing for a week, and Dominic just didn't see the point of trying to find him since he thought Ezra was already dead.
Inistina SanguineNo's creator, Inistina ran the Cyran Tea Company which was a legitimate business but also a cover for her side business of selling high quality poisons.
- Abusive Parent: To both No and her two other golems.
- Good Smoking, Evil Smoking: She chain smokes, and the group finds ashtrays full of cigarettes in her office.
- Master Poisoner: Her office in Comvos had a hidden room full of high quality poisons. She herself wore a Ring of Poison Detection because of her paranoia about falling victim to it herself.
- Starter Villain: The first real villain the group fights and has zero redeeming qualities to her.
The Carrion KingA monstrous gnoll who has been uniting the Vahsi gnoll tribes under him and trying to wipe out the Ahali.
- Actually Not a Vampire: It's not entirely certain if he's a vampire or not, since he drinks blood but has been seen out in the daylight and isn't affected by Ireena's holy symbol.
- Bad Boss: He grabs a random Vahsi soldier to drink their blood and replenish his health during their battle.
- Machiavelli Was Wrong: No gets the Vahsi gnolls to turn on him in the final battle.
- Was Once a Man: The Great Hyena Mother addresses him as "Kwesi" and seems to recognize him, confirming he was once just a regular gnoll.
HornigoldA legendary pirate along the Storm Coast, he captains The Black Wind, the pirate ship that attacked No's mercenary band.
He is actually a kenku who was the pet of the real Benjamin Hornigold, who learned how to imitate his voice exactly. After the real Hornigold died in his sleep, the crew decided to pretend he was still alive using the bird's imitations. After an encounter with a Storm Elemental the bird gained Storm Sorcerer powers and started demanding to be taken seriously, and killed the crew members who didn't accept him.
- Dead Person Impersonation: The real Ben Hornigold died in his sleep, but The Black Wind's crew used the bird's perfect imitation of him to pretend he was still alive.
- The Dog Bites Back: The Black Wind's crew treated the bird like a pet and didn't respect him until he got powers and started killing them.
- Elemental Powers: He's a Storm Sorcerer, which he uses both to attack and help maneuver his ship using the winds.
- Gentleman Thief: Cheng remembers Hornigold as being too polite for his own good, once even boarding a ship and taking nothing but the crew's hats because his own crew had gotten drunk the night before and thrown theirs overboard. The fact he's so vicious now makes her wonder what happened to him.
- Leave No Survivors: Agus is the only known survivor of an attack on the sea by him.
- Named After Somebody Famous: In his case Benjamin Hornigold, an 18th century pirate.
Annemarie & SayyidaHornigold's lieutenants, Annemarie is a human Swashbuckler while Sayyida is a half-elf Bard.
- Battle Couple: Fight side by side and also a couple.
- Charm Person: As a Bard, this is Sayyida's main tactic. She successfully uses Dominate Person on Salome during their second fight.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: The two have no qualms about their profession, but deeply care for one another and have pledged to spend the rest of their lives together.
- Holding Hands: During the second fight, Sayyida uses Dimension Door to get next to Sayyida and the two reach out to grasp each other's hands. This one gesture convinces No to try and persuade them to surrender and ends up saving their lives.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: No persuades them into throwing down their swords and surrendering.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Annemarie is named after Anne Bonny and Mary Read, while Sayyida is named for Sayyida al Hurra.
- Pirate Girl: Both of them.
Tristan ArendtOnce a necromancer known for causing trouble, Tristan somehow became a vampire who attempts to abduct Camilla.
- Famous Last Words: "Just wanted him to be happy."
- Oh, Crap!: His reaction to seeing Bakirian go full Dragon, since he had already suspected something was up with the "Dragonborn" Wizard since he took a Blight spell without even flinching but he didn't expect that. His outburst also allowed Rolen to pin point his location since he had gone invisible.
- Slashed Throat: When he was alive, he pissed off a group of mercenaries who cut his throat and left him for dead, and while he survived he was left with damaged vocal cords.
The LeanansidheA strange creature encountered in the Feywild, she is a Fiend instead of a Fae as expected.
- Charm Person: One of her innate abilities. She's pissed when Ireena manages to completely No-Sell it.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: She decides to bite Ireena, pissed off that her Charm completely failed to work on her, and gets a mouthful of liquid sunlight for her trouble that stops her from regenerating.
- Horny Devils: She's essentially a succubus, luring (usually) men in with her charms and then drinking their blood and turning them into her thralls. She latches onto Rolen immediately for this reason.
- Matricide: She killed her own mother Nimue, and explained her reasoning as "she got in my way."
- No Name Given: Leanansidhe is just what her particular variety of creature is called, her actual name is unknown. The DM revealed out of game it was Electra.
- Nonhuman Humanoid Hybrid: Her mother was a Fae, while her father was the vampire Ovid. This resulted in a unique combination that makes her a Fiend instead of either parents' creature type.
- Tyke-Bomb: Tam Lin speculates that Nimue sought out Ovid specifically to have a very powerful child she could use as a weapon. It blew up in Nimue's face when her daughter took her mother's lessons in treachery to heart and killed her instead.
KrampusThe Lord of the land of Midwinter, Krampus is the villain of the Holiday special due to owing Titania a favor.
- Benevolent Boss: When Tris accuses him of enslaving the reindeer, he protests he pays them well and even gives them paid time off to shed their antlers.
- Blood Knight: He really enjoys a good fight.
- Noodle Incident: The exact reason he owed Titania a favor, which he's embarrassed about. The DM revealed out of game a member of Titania's Court called Krampus' girlfriend, a Winter Fairy, a goat fucker and Krampus got so angry he had Titania turn the offender into a goat for A Year and a Day.
- Punch-Clock Villain: He only goes after the party due to owing Titania a favor, and does the bare minimum that counts as "making them pay" before letting them go.
Edmund DumaisOne half of the duo summoning demons in Comvos. Also Salome's cousin, but unlike her he wasn't able to escape The Society of the Lotus.
- Deal with the Devil: He's also a Warlock of Morax, though he only did so because Dahlia made him.
- Extreme Doormat: Part of his indoctrination into the cult involved him suppressing his own desires and opinions.
- Hidden Depths: He's actually a very talented artist, since it was his one outlet.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: His first name is from serial killer Edmund Kemper, while his last name is from a suspect who (falsely) confessed to the murder of The Black Dahlia.
- Tyke Bomb: He was raised from a young age to be a Blade and carry out the cult's dirty work.
Dahlia KemperThe other half of the demon summoning duo, Dahlia was a mid level acolyte who survived the raid on the original Society of the Lotus. She's restyled herself as the leader of the reborn cult.
- Atrocious Alias: When reading her journal, the entire party audibly groans when they find out she planned to rename herself "Mother Scarlet."
- Deal with the Devil: She contracted to a demon named Morax in exchange for power.
- Did You Just Scam Cthulhu?: This was her plan, since the terms of her contract said he could collect her soul when she died. But since she planned to become a vampire he wouldn't be able to collect. But Morax knew about the deception and mocks her when he drags her off.
- Dragged Off to Hell: After the party kills her, Morax takes her soul and drags her back to the Infernal Plane.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Finds this out the hard way.
- Humiliation Conga: The entire fight with her is a long series of this. She falls flat on her face in a Sleet Storm, which reveals her pale complexion is makeup, spends an additional round on the ground, gets killed by a Magic Missile and then even after death her soul gets dragged off to the Infernal Plane.
- "It" Is Dehumanizing: She never calls Edmund by name, only "Blade" because she doesn't consider him a person.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Her first name refers to The Black Dahlia, a notorious unsolved murder where the victim was cut in half, while her last name is from Edmund Kemper (see above).
- Small Name, Big Ego: She has exactly one follower to her name (and he mostly sticks around for familiarity) but she already stylizes herself as the leader of the reborn cult.
- Your Makeup Is Running: After falling down face first on the ice the makeup she used to make herself look vampire pale starts to smear.
MoraxA Glabrezu Dahlia contracted with in exchange for power.
- Everyone Has Standards: He decides not to take Edmund with him despite their contract since Edmund wasn't willing, unlike Dahlia, and nullifies their contract.
- Lethal Lava Land: The longer he's on the material plane, the more the ground under him turns to lava.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Has four arms, including two pincers, and attacks No with all four at once.
The Raven QueenThe Goddess of Death and Rolen's patron, she is known as The Raven Mother to the gnolls and respected and feared by the general populace.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She rules The Shadowfell, dresses all in black and has a general darkness motif to her, but she's neutral, not evil, and rather gentle.
- Don't Fear the Reaper: When Rolen first encounters her she is gently trimming the dead roses from a bush in her garden.
- Expy: There's a lot of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's versions of Death in this version of The Raven Queen.
- Monochromatic Eyes: Her eyes are described as pure black and like looking into the ocean, but they give a sense of peace.
Yeenoghu and GorellikThe twin gods of the Gnolls and sons of the Great Hyena Mother, these two gods rule over the Vahsi and Ahali gnolls respectively after their mother was killed trying to intervene in a scuffle between the two.
- Cain and Abel: In their backstory, though Yeenoghu didn't managed to kill Gorellik.
- Deal with the Devil: Yeenoghu began approaching fiends to become stronger, and Gorellik found out about this, causing the two to fight.
- God's Hands Are Tied
- Gods Need Prayer Badly: The power of the two gods relies heavily on their worshipers, and losing them (either through death or losing their faith) makes them grow weaker.
- Matricide: Yeenoghu killed his mother after she tried to intervene in the fight between him and Gorellik.
Great Hyena MotherThe first gnoll and the mother of Yeenoghu and Gorellik, she was killed 500 years prior to the story but is resurrected at the climax of the battle with The Carrion King.
- Almighty Mom: As a bonus is literally almighty since she's a Goddess. Once the issue with The Carrion King is sorted out she says she's going to have a long talk with her two sons.
- Comic-Book Fantasy Casting: She's noted as sounding suspiciously like Gillian Anderson, a reference to Anderson's role in Princess Mononoke where she played the Wolf God Moro.
- Truly Single Parent: It's not mentioned in game, but she gave birth to her two sons by herself.
SharessThe Goddess of hedonism, festhalls and sensual fulfillment, she has an entire district in Comvos (The Suburra) maintained by her Clerics.
- Cat Folk: In her aspect of Bast she has a cat's head.
- Ethical Slut: Her mantra, and that of her Clerics, who work to make sure everyone in The Suburra is treated right.
- Love Goddess