:) :D =) =D
Describe Ironcommando here
This is Ironcommando. Now I create M.U.G.E.N
characters and AI patches, flash games (see below), and am currently attending university. Otherwise, I'm just a 24-year old Chinese Singaporean
I'm currently collaborating with fellow troper The Hail Stormer
to make a MUGEN full game called MUGEN Clash Of Universes
, featuring a Tag Team
system and Original Characters
as the fighters.
BTW, my name isn't derived from the Beat 'em Up Iron Commando
. Long story short, I was making a Metal Slug
-esque flash game named Metal Commando, but that name was too obvious, so I changed "Metal" into "Iron". Hence Ironcommando.
(Troper Wall is here
. Vandalize it if you want to =D)
open/close all folders
Tropes that pertain to me
- Afraid of Needles: Partially. I don't mind getting an injection, but when it comes to blood-drawing... *yikes!*
- All Asians Know Martial Arts: I know some Aikido and Wushu.
- All of the Other Reindeer: General reaction of others towards me during Secondary School and Junior College.
- Asian and Nerdy: A Singaporean game programmer who sits in front of the computer all day.
- Asian Drivers: Averted, I passed my driver's license test on the first try.
- Asian Speekee Engrish: Completely damn averted, I speak properly.
- Asperger's Syndrome: Thankfully, it's quite mild. Unfortunately I get shunned often because of it.
- Author Appeal: Cyberspace, Energy Beings, Sentient Vehicles, Kung Fu Proof Mooks, and especially Magic Versus Science and The Magic Versus Technology War.
- I also tend to associate magic with females and technology with males, thus most magic users in my work are female and most tech users are male.
- Also fond of overkill, as those who know me from MUGEN can attest.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Sort of. My specialty in game design/programming is creating unique, smart Mooks and epic Bosses. But I'm a nice guy.
- Berserk Button: Sprite-swapping my M.U.G.E.N characters is a surefire way to incur my wrath. SECOND-HAND SMOKE seriously agitates me to no end.
- Please do not take advantage of me or my kindness. I've been used as a tool by others so many times in my life, and this act on me is a friendship-breaker if I find out.
- Surprisingly enough, insulting my flash games or OCs isn't this, particularly because I learned from MUGEN that not everybody is going to like my stuff.
- Beware the Nice Ones: I'm a really nice guy, unless somebody happens to push my to the limit. See my DarthWiki section for what may happen if I ever snap.
- Big Eater: I don't usually eat much for regular meals, but when it comes to parties/buffets, that becomes a different story.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: The Flash game mentioned below? I pretty much daydreamed about it for the past 6 years.
- Creator Thumbprint: Almost all my works (including my never-finished flash games) have homing missiles of some sort. Also, enemies with punny names.
- The Cynic: I've got a rather negative outlook on life and hatred towards humanity in general.
- A Darker Me: There are times where I imagine myself as a cyberspace Energy Being villain leading some of the toughest Kung Fu Proof Mooks and boss OCs, fighting against the humans and their OCs.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: I'm one who hates getting his OC's stolen.
- Eating Lunch Alone: This is my usual way of eating, considering that my brother doesn't care much and I don't have RL friends. The only time I avert this is when I'm eating out with my parents.
- Enemy Within: My darker side. It tends to come out every now and then, moreso if I'm angry, stressed, or suffering.
- Friend to All Children: I have a very soft spot for kids, not just because they're cute and have squishy cheeks, but also because I can relate to them.
- Humans Are Bastards: My view on humanity in general (other than children and a few exceptions). Including myself.
- I Hate Being Popular: In MUGEN. My (used to be) balanced character Dancing Banana attracted the wrong crowd- the whiny scrub kids who love to spriteswap other characters. This became one of the reasons why Dancing Banana is a rather hated character now.
- I Hate Past Me: Depends on which "past" me. If it's the Small Name, Big Ego Shameless Self-Promoter Attention Whore me, then yes.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Very much so. I'm usually left out, especially when the class is divided into groups for group projects. And this has happened since Secondary School onwards.
- In Your Nature to Destroy Yourselves: Another of my views on humanity. Part of the reason why I don't go full misanthrope on them- they will eventually kill themselves off, so what's the point.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: I used to be an optimistic idealist until I got trodden and put down by nearly everybody at high school and college, as well as experiencing parental problems. Now I have a very negative outlook on humanity in general.
- Just Here for Megaman X and Zero: Pretty much the only reason why I see videos and stuff about Project X Zone.
- Loners Are Freaks: What many people think of me in real life.
- Myers-Briggs: INTJ/ISTJ. I know I'm firmly I, T, and J, but I tend to fluctuate between N and S.
- Nice Guy: Despite my cynical tendencies, I still try to be a nice person towards everybody else.
- Ninja Editor: Oh yes. You'll be seeing edits on many of my posts.
- Older Than They Look: Quite a number of people used to mistake me as a kid when I was 20-22. Now, not so much.
- Pungeon Master: My games have enemies with very punny names. Examples are: Squadrone, Mortarbike, Shockroach, Boombardier, Atmospear, Silent Knight & Holy Knight, Axe Ray, Carzooka, Survey Lance, Vigil Lance, etc...
- Running Gag: Squishing the cheeks of The Hail Stormer's OC's children Lightning and Iris and getting hilariously "attacked" in return. Toned down quite a bit once I found out the reason why Stormer was so defensive of them.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Me and my brother are kinda like this.
- Serial Tweaker: Edits pages a lot.
- Simple Staff: The weapon I used in Wushu club during College.
- Stepford Smiler: That cheerful persona I take on actually hides lots of built-up sorrow and rage towards humanity.
- Straight Edge: I don't smoke or take drugs. If I drink, that's because I'm forced to (and it's wine or champagne, not beer/whiskey/shandy/brandy/vodka/etc).
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Sandwich: I do this if a restaurant takes too long to get me my food. I cancel the order and leave just as it is cooked. Mainly done to make the restaurant feel bad over its bad service.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Cheese.
- Used To Be More Social: I was an extrovert before I got into Secondary School. Then certain events made me change... while also changing my views on life and humanity.
- Verbal Tic: Placing a =D or :D somewhere while messaging to others. =D
- Walking Shirtless Scene: I tend not to wear a shirt at home. Singapore has a very hot climate, so it's somewhat justified.
Tropes that I once played straight, but now subvert
- Attention Whore: The main reason why I joined MUGEN as a Shameless Self-Promoter, partly because I was ostracized in school. Now it's inverted- I don't want to be part of the MUGEN community anymore.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: USED to make M.U.G.E.N characters that had this trope. Now I'm the complete opposite, making characters and AIs that perform humanly-possible attacks and actions. Unless you decide to crank their AI Up to Eleven...
- Extreme Doormat: Used to follow my parents' every request and order. No longer now.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: The reason why I was a massive attention whore in MUGEN. It was to hide my failure in the real world. Needless to say, it didn't work out.
- No Such Thing as Bad Publicity: My mentality in MUGEN at that time, until it started making me unpopular everywhere. In fact, one of the things that led me to TV Tropes was somebody posting my MUGEN example under Small Name, Big Ego.
- The Scrappy: Was widely hated in the MUGEN community for my overly-cheap vanity characters before I made Dancing Banana. Then there's my experiences at college school, which should best be kept quiet about...
- Shameless Self-Promoter: Was like this with my old MUGEN characters. Granted, I was a Small Name, Big Ego Attention Whore at that time.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Used to be like this in M.U.G.E.N (by glorifying my cheap-as-hell old mugen characters and rejecting any constructive criticism pointed at them), and it came to bite me back in the ass hard. VERY HARD. Ever since then, I kept a low and much more humble profile.
- I was once an entry under that very trope due to such behaviour. Yup.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: My first few M.U.G.E.N creations were all like this. Needless to say, everybody didn't want to fight against them due to them being too "extreme". Even so, my current M.U.G.E.N creations can be like this too, if you know how to and decide to activate their horribly cheap AI mode...
Tropes that I have experienced
- Cluster F-Bomb: Used by my brother on me.
- Cuteness Proximity: Downplayed, place a baby near me and I'll have to control my urge to squish its chubby cheeks.
- Hair-Trigger Temper / Bunny-Ears Lawyer: My dad. Oh So Much. If he sees me do anything that seems a bit out of common sense, he flies into a rage...
- Humble Pie: This is what made me stop being a Small Name, Big Ego Attention Whore in MUGEN and started my attitude readjustment. Long story short, I checked out multiple MUGEN community forums, and nearly everybody there hated me for my unfair vanity characters.
- Loners Are Freaks: One of the reasons why I got ostracised in secondary school and junior college.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Well, I went to an ocean aquarium before for a field trip and spent the night there... IN A SHARK TUNNEL!!!
- Rail Enthusiast: Two of my friends from my Secondary School (and Junior College)- they know almost everything about the Singapore MRT, and have a "train doors closing" ringtone for their handphones!
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Not me, but two others: Daniel9999999GMC and Cyberlizard from the M.U.G.E.N community.
- Then: sub-par MUGEN creators (especially Cyberlizard, who went so low as to spriteswap). Their characters were pretty broken, annoying, and hated by many people. Cyberlizard even went to make an even more broken version of Cyber Yoshi, which cause many people to hate him even more.
- Now? Their characters are actually pretty decent. Daniel's new MUGEN persona is less broken than Dancing Banana and plays pretty well, and Daniel himself knows a lot about making balanced characters. Cyberlizard creates his characters from the ground up, and they are a lot less overpowered than his older ones. I respect them both for changing their ways for the better.
- Samus is a Girl: When I found out the true gender of one of my troper friends. I was surprised, to say the least.
- Scrub: One of the reasons why I dislike the MUGEN community, because of the douchebags who spriteswap, do annoying stuff, and worst of all, they absolutely love my MUGEN characters. Because of this, my chars tend to get bashed by many of the MUGEN community.
- “Stop Having Fun” Guy: My brother is like this when it comes to certain games. I've also had my fair share of borderline ones in MUGEN- thanks to my characters being loved by Scrubs, the SHFGs bash my chars and consider them broken.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: I'm one for the MUGEN "Ubercheap" war. Long story short, A-Bomb had a code that allowed it to kill the most overpowered characters of its time. People then modified A-Bomb's code in their own characters to beat A-Bomb, which soon led to creators one-upping each other with characters like AngleDrawSphere, Chuck Norris, Oni-Miko-Zero, Crazy Catastrophe, etc to see who was the most overpowered, bringing the "nuclear war" into light.
- The thing is that while 2nd Death Star (which came before A-Bomb) was the first to have the code, it was not publicly released, while A-Bomb was.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Often said to me due to my rather low confidence and self-esteem. They're right to varying extents.
Tropes that I like
- Cyberspace: My current game series is based off this.
- Homing Projectile: Almost every game I make features one.
- Killer Robot: In fact, this was my nickname in Secondary school.
- Kung-Fu Proof Mook: I love making these in my games. Teaches the player that knowing the enemy is important, and to let them develop strategies to counter them.
- Robot War: Metaspace was originally going to be this, until I realized how similar it would have been to Mega Man X.
- Magical Females, Technological Males: There's a part of me that finds it sweetly ironic to have a little girl nuke a heavily armed mecha. Plus, magic users in fiction have a tendency to be female, while most tech-users tend to be male.
- Magic Versus Science/The Magic Versus Technology War: I love the conflict between magic and sufficiently advanced technology.
- Sentient Vehicle: For some reason, I love mixing together sentient vehicles with RPG character classes. And get stuff like Car Mages, literal Fighter Planes, Ninja trucks, etc... Can be seen in some of Metaspace's antagonists, like Warblade (Warrior Helicopter) and Alpharios (Samurai Jetplane).
Tropes that I dislike
- Canon Defilement: This is one reason why I don't write Fanfics. I don't know the exact personalities of most fictional characters, and want to avoid writing something against canon.
- Cutscene Power to the Max: If they can do that in a cutscene, they had better be able to do that outside of one.
- Smoking Is Cool: In real life. I feel that buying cigarettes to smoke is akin to spending money to kill oneself.
Stuff that I love
- Most of the stuff under Pages created
- Einhänder: Seriously awesome Playstation game. I've got lots of my ideas from here.
- Mega Man series:
- Mega Man (Classic): Played Mega Man 2. Did Metal Man's stage. The music got me hooked on the series.
- Mega Man X: Special mention goes to X3, the first Megaman franchise game I've played, X4, for being one of the most awesome ones out there, X1, for starting the awesomeness, and X5, just as awesome as X4 minus the horrible boss names.
- Mega Man Zero: Despite being tough, this follow-up series is awesome nonetheless, with freaking Zero as the main character!
- Mega Man ZX: Follow-up to an awesome series, still as great as ever. Thank god they got rid of the Gameplay Grading of Zero.
- Mega Man Legends: At first I didn't care much about this series. Then I played it and the sequel, and I loved it. Then I heard that Capcom cancelled MML 3, and I never forgave Capcom ever again.
- Mega Man Battle Network: A pretty unique RPG game series, in terms of battle format. You know it's good when I actually tried (and failed) to make a flash version of it before.
- Pokémon: Played all of them from RBY to X/Y, loved all of them.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: I've only played 3 games in the franchise, but they were all great!
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Fast-paced action, which I love!
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2: They introduced the Spindash, upgrading a good game into an even more awesome one!
- Sonic 3 & Knuckles: First Sonic game I've played, on the PC via a CD. I'd say it's my favourite Sonic game, with three playable characters (and tag-team optional), elemental shields, and whatnot. Didn't get past Sandopolis- those ghosts creeped me out when I was a kid, that I exit the game at Act II!
- Thunder Force series: Awesome series, contains my favourite videogame weapon of all time- the Free Range.
- Tyrian: One of the first non-edutainment games I've played. It's a blast, to be honest. Still waiting for the sequel to come.
Tropes I have created/YKTTW
I normally find anybody nice whom I interact with or have interacted with on the forums as a friend. Yeah, I'm pretty lenient with friend standards, since I have a Friendless Background
. So here goes
PM me if I missed you.
How to win at Your Avatar V.s. The Above Avatar
It's The One Above All and Elder God Demonbane, 'nuff said.
Nukes Storage- Click to trigger
My personal Tv Tropes Drinking Game
- Drink a shot if you see Touhou, Avatar: The Last Airbender and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic on the same trope page (or if it's a split page, on their respective page sections of that trope).
- EXCEPTION: Those under Fan Fic do not count.
I am currently creating a flash game called "Metaspace
" now, along with a character sheet
and a list
of Shout Outs
I have created another game called Arc Angle
, a Bullet Hell Shoot 'em Up
where your main goal is to deflect and return enemy shots with a beam. A second, top-down run-and-gun Action Game
called Grid Warrior
has been recently completed. A third game (RTS/Tower Defence
like game) MESH
a link to the MUGEN characters I have created.
Vandalize here if you want to :D