This is Ironcommando. I used to be a M.U.G.E.N
coder and creator. Now I create flash games (see below), and am currently attending university. Otherwise, I'm just a 24-year old Chinese Singaporean
(Troper Wall is here
. Vandalize it if you want to =D)
Tropes that pertain to me
- Afraid of Needles: Partially. I don't mind getting an injection, but when it comes to blood-drawing... *yikes!*
- Asperger's Syndrome: Thankfully, it's quite mild. Unforunately I get shunned often because of it.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Sort of. My speciality in game design/programming is creating unique, smart Mooks and epic Bosses. But I'm a nice guy.
- Big Eater: I don't usually eat much for regular meals, but when it comes to parties/buffets, that becomes a different story.
- Beware the Nice Ones: I'm a really nice guy, unless somebody happens to push my to the limit.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: The Flash game mentioned below? I pretty much daydreamed about it for the past 6 years.
- Creator Thumbprint: Almost all my works (including my never-finished flash games) have homing missiles of some sort. Also, enemies with punny names.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: If there was a MUGENite who upheld this, it would probably be me. Let's just say that I dislike all unauthorized sprite/palette/name swaps of anybody's genuine creations.
- I Hate Being Popular: In MUGEN. My (used to be) balanced character Dancing Banana attracted the wrong crowd- the whiny scrub kids who love to spriteswap other characters. This became one of the reasons why Dancing Banana is a rather hated character now.
- I Hate Past Me: Depends on which "past" me. If it's the Small Name, Big Ego Shameless Self-Promoter Attention Whore me, then yes.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Very much so. I'm usually left out, especially when the class is divided into groups for group projects. And this has happened since Secondary School onwards.
- Just Here for Megaman X and Zero: Pretty much the only reason why I see videos and stuff about Project X Zone.
- Loners Are Freaks: What many people think of me.
- Nice Guy: Very much so.
- Pungeon Master: My games have enemies with very punny names. Examples are: Mortarbike, Shockroach, Axe Ray, Carzooka, Survey Lance, Vigil Lance, etc...
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Me and my brother are kinda like this.
- Straight Edge: I don't smoke or take drugs. If I drink, that's because I'm forced to (and it's wine or champagne, not beer/whiskey/shandy/brandy/vodka/etc).
- Trademark Favourite Food: Cheese.
Tropes that I once played straight, but now subvert (and a good thing too)
- Attention Whore: The main reason why I joined MUGEN as a Shameless Self-Promoter, partly because I was ostracized in school. Now it's inverted- I don't want to be part of the MUGEN community anymore.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: USED to make M.U.G.E.N characters that had this trope. Now I'm the complete opposite, making characters and AIs that perform humanly-possible attacks and actions. Unless you decide to crank their AI Up to Eleven...
- No Such Thing as Bad Publicity: My mentality in MUGEN at that time, until it started making me unpopular everywhere. In fact, one of the things that led me to TV Tropes was somebody posting my MUGEN example under Small Name, Big Ego.
- Shameless Self-Promoter: Was like this with my old MUGEN characters. Granted, I was a Small Name, Big Ego Attention Whore at that time.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Used to be like this in M.U.G.E.N (by glorifying my cheap-as-hell old mugen characters and rejecting any constructive criticism pointed at them), and it came to bite me back in the ass hard. VERY HARD. Ever since then, I kept a low and much more humble profile.
- I was once an entry under that very trope due to such behaviour. Yup.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: My first few M.U.G.E.N creations were all like this. Needless to say, everybody didn't want to fight against them due to them being too "extreme". Even so, my current M.U.G.E.N creations can be like this too, if you know how to and decide to activate their horribly cheap AI mode...
Tropes that I have experienced
- Cluster F-Bomb: Used by my brother on me.
- Hair-Trigger Temper / Bunny-Ears Lawyer: My dad. Oh So Much. If he sees me do anything that seems a bit out of common sense, he flies into a rage...
- Humble Pie: This is what made me stop being a Small Name, Big Ego Attention Whore in MUGEN and started my attitude readjustment. Long story short, I checked out multiple MUGEN community forums, and nearly everybody there hated me for my unfair vanity characters.
- Loners Are Freaks: One of the reasons why I got ostracised in secondary school and junior college.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Well, I went to an ocean aquarium before for a field trip and spent the night there... IN A SHARK TUNNEL!!!
- Rail Enthusiast: Two of my friends from my Secondary School (and Junior College)- they know almost everything about the Singapore MRT, and have a "train doors closing" ringtone for their handphones!
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: Not me, but two others: Daniel9999999GMC and Cyberlizard from the M.U.G.E.N community.
- Then: sub-par MUGEN creators (especially Cyberlizard, who went so low as to spriteswap). Their characters were pretty broken, annoying, and hated by many people. Cyberlizard even went to make an even more broken version of Cyber Yoshi, which cause many people to hate him even more.
- Now? Their characters are actually pretty decent. Daniel's new MUGEN persona is less broken than Dancing Banana and plays pretty well. Cyberlizard creates his characters from the ground up, and they are a lot less overpowered than his older ones. I respect them both for changing their ways for the better.
- Scrub: One of the reasons why I dislike the MUGEN community, because of the douchebags who spriteswap, do annoying stuff, and worst of all, they absolutely love my MUGEN characters. Because of this, my chars tend to get bashed by many of the MUGEN community.
- "Stop Having Fun" Guy: My brother is like this when it comes to certain games. I've also had my fair share of borderline ones in MUGEN- thanks to my characters being loved by Scrubs, the SHFGs bash my chars and consider them broken.
Tropes that I like
- Cyberspace: My current game series is based off this.
- Homing Projectile: Almost every game I make features one.
- Killer Robot: In fact, this was my nickname in Secondary school.
- Kung-Fu Proof Mook: I love making these in my games. Teaches the player that knowing the enemy is important, and to let them develop strategies to counter them.
- Robot War: Metaspace was originally going to be this, until I realized how similar it would have been to Mega Man X.
- Magical Females, Technological Males: There's a part of me that finds it sweetly ironic to have a little girl nuke a heavily armed mecha. Plus, magic users in fiction have a tendency to be female, while most tech-users tend to be male.
- Magic Versus Science/The Magic Versus Technology War: I love the conflict between magic and sufficiently advanced technology.
- Sentient Vehicle: For some reason, I love mixing together sentient vehicles with RPG character classes. And get stuff like Car Mages, literal Fighter Planes, Ninja trucks, etc... Can be seen in some of Metaspace's antagonists, like Warblade (Warrior Helicopter) and Alpharios (Samurai Jetplane).
Tropes that I dislike
- Canon Defilement: This is one reason why I don't write Fanfics. I don't know the exact personalities of most fictional characters, and want to avoid writing something against canon.
- Cutscene Power to the Max: If they can do that in a cutscene, they had better be able to do that outside of one.
- Smoking Is Cool: In real life. I feel that buying cigarettes to smoke is akin to spending money to kill oneself.
Tropes I have created
My personal Tv Tropes Drinking Game
- Drink a shot if you see Touhou, Avatar: The Last Airbender and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic on the same trope page (or if it's a split page, on their respective page sections of that trope).
I am currently creating a flash game called "Metaspace
" now, along with a character sheet
and a list
of Shout Outs
I have created another game called Arc Angle
, a Bullet Hell Shoot 'em Up
where your main goal is to deflect and return enemy shots with a beam. A second, top-down run-and-gun Action Game
called Grid Warrior
has been recently completed. A third game (RTS/Tower Defence
like game) MESH
a link to the MUGEN characters I have created.
Vandalize here if you want to :D