Hello, this is the Earl of Sandvich here! My name is Chris [DATA EXPUNGED]note
I've been around this here wiki since the Spring of 2010, and most of the edits I do around here relate to the technical stuff, such as the relocation of wicks or namespacing old works pages to an appropriate medium. I post on the forums too, and hang around Forum Games, It Just Awes Me, the Video Games media subforum, a bit of Yack Fest and the Workshop forums in general.
As for my current status, I am bored (well, aren't we all). TV Tropes ruined my life
, but at the same time it enhances it
and has in fact introduced me to a few works
. I am also a self-proclaimed Video Game systems index curator, making sure that everything is properly indexed, capitalized and namespaced.
As of now, I am the Herald for the It Just Awes Me!
subforum, so don't be afraid to PM me if you have any questions about it.
Feel free to Vandalize here. :3
Also, I'm up for hosting some Cards Against Humanity
open/close all folders
Tidbits 'bout me
- Age: 24
- Birthday: November 5
- Current residence: Moscow, Idaho
- Majors: B.S. Geography (Class of December '12; also working on a GIS certificate), B.S. Political Science (in progress)
- Minor: International Studies
- Interests: Gaming, surfing the internet, bicycling/walking, foreign cuisine, looking into international events/cultures
- Myers-Briggs personality: ENTP
- Orientation: Straight, though not ruling out the possibility of a bromance
- Politics: Libertarian, heavily on the civil regard
- Economic: Pro-Free market and Pro-Consumer; largely minarchist in this regard
- Social: Staunchly towards free speech/expression rights, Staunch secularist, LGBT ally, believes one has the right to choose what to do with his own body
- Foreign Policy: Largely pragmatic; Liberal with a few elements of Realist; intervention should be a last-resort option
- Religion: Agnosticnote
So what the hell do I do on this wiki anyways?
- Mainly namespace transferrals (of course... peoples, stop, I beg you, STOP referring to works without a namespace (or worse, referring ANY wick as "Main/"; I mean c'mon, it's such a useless artifact anyhow, more on that later), for our collective sakes please!)
- Occasionally fix the all-too-damn-common "its-it's confusion" (Take it away, Strong Bad!)
- When I spot a hottip around, I replace it with a [[note]] tool. I hope that I'll never EVER see a hottip again, the same way I'd look at ptitles.
- Alphabetizing entries, because it makes all kinds of sense and reduces clutter. If the case is that it's a work within a series, I'd sort the series examples in chronological order.
- I used to chime in at times at the Complete Monster cleanup, felt I gave all the input I could based upon the works I actually know, but I keep an eye out now and then.
- Removing artifacts (tropers' notes are not artifacts and I treat them all with respect, however there are features that no longer have use in the wiki (coloring, strikethroughs and text expansion), as well as those <<|Index|>> things with just as much use to a wiki page)
- Spacing (Paragraphs obviously are spaced, but between examples there is just no need, neither is there such need between folder markups and the examples themselves, although I do agree that there should be a space between folders)
Pages he created (not including namespace transferals)
- And I also had brought up dividing the Funny.The Nostalgia Critic section into years given the sheer volume of that section... and created those pages (leading up to 2011)... umm... yay me for such a useless accomplishment? :P
- How the lock system is handled right now. I can name legitimate reasons for pages to be locked, but through the current system it takes one guy to demonstrate enough disregard to spoil it for everyone. I think a whitelist or a semi-lock (much like that of Wikipedia), while not perfect, would at least reduce incidents while making the experience more enjoyable and accessible to other tropers. It just helps everyone's bottom line since the "Locked Page Edit Requests" page tends to be a pretty slow effort.
- Bad grammar. While I won't be in-your-face about it, I can have slight Grammar Nazi tendencies. While I'm fairly perceptive and open, I can get anal about improper uses of grammar (capitalization, spelling, confusion between possessive and contraction (namely its/it's), etc).
- Word Cruft. We don't need to know for instance if an entry "qualifies" for the trope. If it does, it goddamn well does, so no need to emphasize the fact.
Stuff I Like
There's not a lot here right now, but it will be expanded in time
Anime and Manga
Live Action TV
Okay, so instead of placing it in the Unpublished Works
section (and therefore artificially create wicks), I'll have proposed ideas listed here until they come to fruition enough to warrant their own page. At the moment, I have just one, dating back from late 2012.
A fan spinoff role-playing game (tabletop at the moment, since I would need to know programmers to make a game out of this), taking place around the Seattle area, going as far West as Olympia and as far east as Snoqualmie Pass. I'm hoping I can also utilize Vancouver, BC.