Troper 1: Hey, do you know Nerd Bird?
Troper 2: Who, that crazy chick?
Troper 1: Yeah, that's her.
Nerd Bird is an Australian (cue "Land Down Under" by Men At Work and kangaroos with cork hats) teenage girl who is kinda new to this TV Tropes thing. So, please be nice to her, or refer to Berserk Button
or Action Girl
below. Her actual name is Danica, and she is a TOTALLY normal human being
who thoroughly enjoys gaming and just pop culture in general. Strangely enough, she has always enjoyed botany and ornithology, and can identify and name all Australian bird species, as well as quite a few international birds.
occasionally edit pages, mainly grammatical errors and misspellings. There's a few pictures of Nerd Bird on this page. xD
She does Synchtube riffing with Sean Murray I
, Prometheus 136
and other tropers every now and then, she enjoys it very much. c:
Enough third person now. I love it oh so very much when people add things to my page (tropes, Friend List, Harem List, vandalism, pictures, etc.). I'm super-friendly, so please throw a PM my way, and we can happily chat about anything you like. It's nice to meet you. ^_^
I STARTED THIS PAGE PLEASE ADD STUFF: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/JustForFun/TroperShippingAndTroperDatingService
A galaxy that I created in Photoshop one day. I LOVE graphic design. c:
open/close all folders
Vandalism and Shiz
For editable crap, please go here.
Tropes That Apply To Nerd Bird
Nerd Bird provides examples of:
- AcCENT Upon the Wrong SylLABle: What happens when people try to pronounce my name.
- Action Girl: I am a green belt in GKR karate.
- Ambiguous Disorder: I have Asperger's and OCD. Also, butterflies.
- Apologizes a Lot: Sorry.
- Appeal to Obscurity: Many of my jokes originate from rather obscure sources. The few people who do understand my jokes seem to enjoy them.
- Art Evolution: My drawing skills have improved over time.
- Awesome Aussie: One would hope. c:
- Bad Liar: Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Berserk Button: Please don't condescend me or assume I"m stupid. Do not recommend typical teenage angst fiction to me. Also, DO NOT use text talk around me. It will not end well, trust me.
- Beware the Nice Ones: I am calm 99% of the time, except if you do any of the above.
- Big Eater: I am ADDICTED to chocolate.
- Big "NO!": Occurs after my bandwidth slows to a snail's-pace.
- Brick Joke: TO my friends, I often make references to jokes made several years ago. More times than not, I receive strange stares.
- Book Worm
- Catch Phrase: "Guten morgen!" "ahuehuehuehue" "May as well ship it."
- Creature of Habit: I love routine and despise change.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Description Porn: My stories and poetry often end up lapsing into this.
- Embarrassing Nickname: For reasons unknown, my nickname in Grade Eight was "Pedo."
- Fangs Are Evil: Averted.
- Fanservice: Averted, sadly.
- Flanderisation: Over time, my obsessive traits have become worse. I am now rather notorious for these traits.
- Fun T-Shirt: I often wear Superman, Ramones, Doors and other pop culture shirts.
- Gadgeteer Genius: I am surprisingly good with computers.
- Gratuitous German
- Harem Seeker
- Hates Being Touched: Slightly averted. I don't like being touched UNNECCESARILY. Otherwise, I enjoy hugs from friends and family.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Happens ALL THE TIME. This serves a pun-ishment for my friends.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Instant Costume Change: I used to do quick costume changes back when I did plays in Drama, and as a result, I can change clothes VERY quickly.
- Large Ham: Me in drama. I am very melodramatic when I want to be.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: Not quite sure why. I'm not complaining though. c:
- Love Dodecahedron: See the shipping forum as well. xD
- Mad Libs Catch Phrase: "[insert word here] and shiz."
- Madness Mantra: "YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE HAREM, YOU ARE THE HAREM, YOU CAN LEAVE THE HAREM BUT THE HAREM WILL NEVER LEAVE YOOOOOOU"
- Mind Screw: Because of my random fact-spouting, this is the reaction of most people that talk to me.
- Mundane Luxury: Nothing makes me happier than a hot shower or a hug.
- Noodle Incident: I have experienced a lot of...unusual incidents that sound even stranger out of context. I also tend not to impart details of said incidents to people; I leave it mysterious... c:
- Not a Morning Person: Averted. I wake up 5.30-6am every morning. Even on weekends.
- Older than They Look: I have been told I look fourteen. Must be my massive anime-ish eyes.
- Rage Quit: When playing video games.
- Realistic Diction Is Unrealistic: I sometimes burst out into soliloquies or David Attenborough-style narration out of the blue.
- Remembered Too Late: As a result of my Cloudcuckoolander-ness, I often procrastinate and remember homework and chores at the very last minute.
- Sarcasm-Blind: As a result of the Asperger's.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
- So Bad, It's Good: I have a secret obsession with B-grade movies and cruddy video games.
- Somewhere, an Ornithologist Is Crying: Often occurs when a work or a person makes a mistake regarding birds.
- Stroke the Beard: Happens when I pretend to be philosophic.
- Stylistic Suck: On Facebook and forums, I often type like this for the purpose of giving Grammar Nazis aneurysms.
- Sweet Tooth
- Verbal Tic: I often "KYAI" as I have been doing GKR karate for about four years.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: I relapse between a Australian and an American accent. I can't really explain it.
- Zettai Ryouiki: I wear long over-the-knee socks sometimes.
Stuff That Nerd Bird Likes
Will be updated soon. lol
Japanese Animation and Graphic Novels
Televisually Broadcasted Visual and Audio Entertainment
Presentations of Action on Celluloid Film
Drawn Representations of Characters Transitioning to Mimic Movement
Interactive Electronically Manipulated Images
Fictional Written Matter
Pleasant Harmonised Sounds
Communications Network Broadcasted Visual and Audio Entertainment
Supplementary Interests of Mine
- Coding (specifically Python language)
- Art(specifically drawing and collages)