An engineering student who is in no way
addicted to the Internet, much less TV Tropes
, and certainly not above using the "spoiler" tag for a obvious gag inspired by the joke about the girls and nudist camp in the John Cleese sketch
linked in the link above. (That he
should be an xkcd
fan goes without saying.) As far as TVTropes
goes, in between occasional spells of Blue Fever
, he mainly adds examples and illustrations from various of the many webcomics he reads or used to read.
You may know him as "packbat" on one or more Friending Networks
In the recent past (circa northern-hemisphere autumn 2013) he has been spending a notable
fraction of his (non-TV Tropes
) time on:
Some of his more noteworthy edits:
open/close all folders
Adding images to
- Amen Break
- Auto Erotica
- Basic Instructions
- Chekhov's Gunnote
- Clue from Ed.
- Cue the Rain
- Cutting the Electronic Leash
- Dialogue Tree
- Not Low-Level Advantage
- This is a funny story: I started by adding a pic to Empty Levels, which was removed by an editor; I posted a note on the discussion page requesting other opinions before deciding to restore it. Then it was removed again. Then I added it again. And then someone else copied it over to Low-Level Advantage, and yet another person noticed this and suggested pulling it from Empty Levels again. And then did. And then it was pulled from Low-Level Advantage in a discussion which resulted in a different picture from the same video taking its place. But my caption survived, so I count it as a win.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil (moved from Even Evil Has Standards, the supertrope)
- Fear Is Vigilance
- Framing the Guilty Party
- The same image was added to Explosive Cigar — I replaced it with a panel from subsequent strip in the same storyline.
- Go Get a Roomie!
- Has Two Thumbs And
- Insubstantial Ingredients
- Long Distance Relationship
- M.C. Escher
- My Life Flashed Before My Eyes
- Nerves of Steel (mostly for a lack of competition)
- OK Go
- Planet of Steves
- Question Duck
- Rewarding Inactivity
- Sam and Fuzzy
- Spare Keys For Strange Doors
- Super Hexagon
- Suspiciously Specific Denial
- Swiss Cheese Security
- Awesome/Tales of the Questor
- Tales of the Starbuck Avenger
- Today Nothing Happened
- Characters/Top Gear
- Specifically, Clarkson in the Koenigsegg, Hammond next to a piece of paper, May on a earth-mover, and the Top Gear Three sitting around the engine block table. I take no credit for any others.
- What Did I Do Last Night?
- ...and, technically, Science Is Wrong and xkcd, although those were just recropping and resizing webcomic strips others had picked.
Writing reviews for
Performing major edits on
Adding pages for
...and plugging Roman à Clef
among the other Based on a True Story
tropes and adding material from his superfluous YKTTW
Things which he feels obliged to do:
Things he sorta wants to do when he's got a few minutes to spare: