That's me, by the way.
Hello there, fellow Tropers.
I discovered this site around 6/21/2010, at a roleplaying forum I follow. The first article I saw was Exactly What It Says on the Tin
, and I was immediately hooked on this wiki. My favorite tropes would definitely be Magnificent Bastard
, Hero Killer
, and others that I'm not going to bother mentioning.
I'm a real life example of someone who blurs the line between Jerkass
and Jerk with a Heart of Gold
. I also want to find love
, be unique
, have good friends
, and be really cool
I spend much of my time pondering a multitude of topics, reviewing characters and stories in my head, and making my own.
Tropes that apply to Insano
- Adork Able: Can officially call himself this, due to an incident surrounding an RSVP to a pool party.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Friends have offered many theories to Insano about his habits. The top guesses are he's autistic, has OCD, or has Asperger's Syndrome.
- Anti-Hero: Pragmatic, along with his brothers.
- Aside Glance: He just knows there's a fourth wall somewhere, and someone is watching...
- The Atoner: Not a very good one, though.
- The B Grade: Perpetually fears this.
- Bad Dreams: Has had a few of these.
- Becoming the Mask: Started with a Jerkass Fašade, and slowly turned into an actual JerkAss. Is trying to reverse this.
- Being Personal Isn't Professional: Goes back and forth between playing this straight and subverting it around the people he knows.
- Beneath the Mask: There's something below Insano's exterior personality, he just can't figure out what it is.
- Berserk Button: Has a few of these.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He'll act polite and courteous (sort of). Just don't cross him.
- Big Brother Instinct: Developing one for the girls he platonically likes.
- Big Brother Mentor: Partially to his own brothers.
- Big Eater: Loves to eat, dude.
- Blatant Lies: Uses them, and saying the trope verbatim has become one of his Catch Phrases.
- Brainy Brunette: Black-haired and very smart.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Yep.
- Broken Ace: Is very smart, insightful, and has the admiration and respect of his friends. He's also self-hating, depressingly stoic, and desperately trying to find love and purpose in a world he can't seem to stay in touch with.
- Brutal Honesty: Uses it when he thinks he should. His brother however, uses it a lot more.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite being caught up in his own imagination, he is very intelligent, being put in leadership positions in science labs and often relied upon to answer difficult questions from any subject or topic, and is a bit of a philosopher.
- Catch Phrase: Switches them every now and then.
- Celibate Hero: For now.
- Character Alignment: Began as Lawful Good, shifted to Lawful Neutral. He now is Lawful Neutral with Good tendencies.
- Character Development: Like any person, has this in spades. Is trying to nudge it in a good direction.
- The Chessmaster: Rounds out his two brothers. The middle is a Manipulative Bastard, and his youngest brother is a bonafide Trickster.
- Circumcision Angst: Averted. This Filipino troper has no qualms about not being circumcised, though he's been circumcised since early 2010.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Has his moments.
- Combat Pragmatist: If he fights for real.
- Covert Pervert: And a chivalrous one, too.
- Cowardly Lion: In the psychological sense.
- Cracking Up: Loves doing this.
- Crazy-Prepared: Minor example. Will not elaborate further.
- Cursed with Awesome: His imagination and intelligence? They make him an amazing person for advice on writing and other things, but they allow him to very clearly see his fears brought to life.
- The Cynic: Uh, yeah.
- Cynical Mentor: Whenever he bothers to teach people.
- Deadpan Snarker: Enjoys this.
- Death Glare: Uses it effectively.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: I really have no idea what I'm going to do with myself when I get out of high school.
- Ditzy Genius: Uh, yeah.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Well, not so much nice as dogged.
- The Enneagram: Insano is a 1.
- Fatal Flaw: Pride, Wrath, Envy, Sloth.
- Foil: Serves as one to a few people among his friends and family.
- Freudian Slip: Happens at random, inconvenient times.
- Freudian Trio: Among his brothers, he is the Superego. His younger brother is the Ego, and the youngest is obviously the Id.
- Genius Bruiser: Knows a few, and is a minor example of such, combining his education with exercise and sports.
- Genre Savvy: The side effect of being a Troper.
- Good Is Not Nice: The hell it is.
- Growing Up Sucks: Has expressed this opinion a few times.
- Headphones Equal Isolation: Most of the time.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Because he enjoys being seen as apathetic and cynical.
- History Repeats: Insano falls in love. Somehow, she doesn't or can't reciprocate, and he is heartbroken. Insano then finds another girl and repeats the cycle. As of this edit, the cycle has completed itself four times. Though for now, the beginning of the fifth cycle is nowhere in sight.
- Hopeless Suitor: All my crushes play out like this.
- Informed Attractiveness: According to his family and some of his friends, he's pretty good-looking. He doesn't believe one bit of it.
- Insistent Terminology: Corrects people on terms a lot.
- Instant Expert: Sometimes.
- Insufferable Genius: A textbook example of The Smart Guy meets Jerkass.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: Played with. He has friends, for sure, but he often spends most of his time alone.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: He will do what he can for those he loves, even if he isn't any happier for it.
- Jerkass Woobie: He just wants a few hugs, that's all.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Has some redeeming traits, for sure. Earlier in his life, it actually crossed over into Jerkass Fašade.
- Kuu Dere: A male example. He'll leave everyone and just stare and think, but he'll be something resembling kind and polite to some of his friends.
- Lampshade Hanging: Does this often.
- Loners Are Freaks: At least he is.
- Love at First Sight: And it never takes for them.
- Love Redeems: Sometimes, the thought that someone still loves him and believes in him is the only thing keeping him going.
- Man Hug: Does this with his male friends.
- Manly Tears: He could count the times on one hand.
- Mathematician's Answer: Yes.
- Menacing Stroll: Uses one as an intimidation tactic.
- Messy Hair: Inevitable with him.
- Mister Exposition: Acts as one when needed.
- Morality Pet: Has a few.
- Mr. Imagination: Goes in and out of his own world.
- Myers-Briggs: Insano is very interested in studying it, as well as the Keirsey Temperament Sorter.
- Noodle Incident: Purposefully makes fake ones to keep his friends unsure about him.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Doesn't get awkward himself, though his friends do with his unusual physical closeness.
- No Social Skills: Uh huh.
- Not so Above It All: No, no he's not.
- Not So Stoic: Has cried a few times in life, and drops his facade completely when around some people.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Around his friends when they talk about dirty things.
- Only Sane Man: Sometimes. Other times he's one of the more strange and aloof of the bunch.
- Perpetual Frowner: Most of the time.
- The Philosopher: Part-time.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: Only one so far. And the two in that name have never gotten together like that.
- Rebel Relaxation: Does this when he can't or doesn't want to sit down.
- Real Men Eat Meat: They most certainly do.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Insano is the Blue Oni to his younger brother's Red Oni.
- Rousseau Was Right: Evil is driven to be so, not born to be so.
- Sarcastic Clapping: Uses this often.
- Secret Keeper: Openly calls himself one, and never tells.
- Self-Deprecation: Doesn't really like himself that much.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Indeed, he uses this when he can to confuse his friends.
- Shipper on Deck: This is real life, there were going to be a few of these. Nope. Instead, there are lots of them, himself included.
- Ship Tease: This has happened a few times.
- Smart Guy: Almost always fills this role in a group dynamic.
- Smart People Play Chess: Yes they do.
- Snark Knight: Is definitely one.
- Socially-Awkward Hero: Oh yeah.
- So Proud of You: His parents have expressed this opinion a few times.
- The Spock: Most of the time, but he has those emotional moments.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Uses the Stealth Hi on almost everyone. The Stealth Bye has some of my friends convinced that I can teleport.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Uses this often.
- Sweet Tooth: The man loves his chocolate.
- The Stoic: Tries to be one, and actually does a pretty good job of it.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: When his friends call him good-looking.
- Third-Person Person: A personal quirk of his, much to the annoyance/curiosity of his friends and family.
- This Is Gonna Suck: A Catch Phrase of his.
- True Companions: Has many of them, even going so far as to call them his honorary siblings.
- Tsun Dere: Male example: Type A, strategy 1.
- The Unfunny: Who knew acting seriously would make so many people laugh?
- Unrequited Love: Maybe, maybe not with his crush. Probably not.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: See above.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With some of his friends.
- "Well Done, Son" Guy: Oh yeah.
- When He Smiles: People stop being afraid of him.
- With Friends Like These...: I really don't need enemies.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: What some of his friends tell him. He isn't quite as optimistic.
Roleplays that Insano act(ed) in
All vandalism is illegal below this notice. Violators will have a minigun round emptied into them.
Survivors will be nuked