Where's My Water?
is a mobile puzzle video game developed by Creature Feep and published by Disney
. It features the player helping to deliver water to an alligator's home.
Swampy is a Sewer Gator
who hates being dirty. However, every time he tries to take a bath, Cranky
the alligator and his goons sabotage the pipe system and disrupt the flow of water. Your job is to get water into Swampy's house… which is not as easy as you think.
Players use the touch screen to dig dirt and control the flow of water and other liquids. Levels include pipes and switches that modify the flow of liquids, converters that convert the types of liquids, and other devices. There are also hazards in the form of water-absorbing algae, deadly poison, disgusting ooze, sticky mud, and exploding bombs. Along the way, there are three rubber duckies that you can collect by letting water touch them; these are required for 100% Completion
Due to the success of the games, Disney has begun to release animated shorts on the web titled Where’s My Water? Presents: Swampy’s Underground Adventure
as well as sequels themed to Phineas and Ferb
and Mickey Mouse
using the same game mechanics (Where's My Perry?
and Where's My Mickey?
respectively). An actual sequel, Where's My Water? 2
, was released in September 2013.
Where's My Water? provides examples of:
- Advancing Wall of Doom: Some levels Invoke this. One such level is "What Goes Up…", where you must let the water flow quickly to the house before the ooze catches up with it.
- "What Goes Up…" is then averted in the Cranky level "…Must Come Down".
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: Where the game takes place.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Played straight in the intro scenes for earlier levels, where Allie the female alligator hangs out with bad boy Cranky. Subverted in the intro scenes for later levels where she seems to hang around with the nice guy Swampy. Maybe the ribbon that Swampy found had to do with it.
- Allegedly Free Game: Where's My Water? 2, which requires either payment or Facebook connection to complete.
- Animated Adaptation
- Bonus Level: Collecting three specific collectibles allows you to unlock a bonus level. Completing three "Cranky's Challenges" also unlocks a bonus level.
- The Cameo: You can see WALL•E on the background of one of the intro scenes.
- Corridor Cubbyhole Run: Other levels have you avoid periodic poison and ooze streams.
- Cosmetic Award: The various achievements that you can get.
- Cross Over: With Phineas and Ferb, of all things.
- Distaff Counterpart: In one episode of the animated shorts, Swampy finds himself in a mirror version of his world, where Cranky is female.
- The Ditz: Karl, in the animated shorts.
- Does Not Like Spam: Cranky hates vegetables. To the point where he won't eat anything with algae growing on it, even though he's an Extreme Omnivore otherwise!
- Easter Egg: There are hidden levels on the Collectibles, Achievements and Cranky's Challenges screens.
- Extreme Omnivore: Cranky eats all sorts of stuff, including junk and garbage. He hates vegetables, though, such as the algae-like stuff growing on his food.
- Face Palm: Cranky may do this if you fail a level by running out of poison.
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: The rubber ducks, and the collectible items.
- Invoked; the name of one of the levels is called "Catch 'em All", although that one involves using a slider to catch the harmful substances and convert them into water.
- Gusty Glade: The levels in "Caution to the Wind" mostly involve fans and vacuums that blow and suck liquids respectively.
- Jerk Ass: Cranky.
- A little less so in the later Swampy stories and Cranky's story. He's starting to hang out with Swampy some more.
- Love Interest: Allie. There's also a set of levels for her where the player must get steam into her house so it would power her musical instruments.
- The Merch: In addition to the games, plush toys and other such items from this series are highly popular.
- Mirror Universe: In the animated episode Double Trouble, Swampy winds up in an opposite version of the sewer where;
- Karl is intelligent and cultured, instead of being an idiot.
- Cranky is female and in love with Swampy, instead of being the Alpha Male gator of the sewer who dislikes Swampy.
- Pushy and Shovey are friends with one another, instead of being rivals.
- Allie is a bully, instead of being the Love Interest of Swampy.
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: Subverted by Swampy and Allie, but played straight by Cranky.
- No Campaign for the Wicked: Averted. There's a mode (Cranky's Story) where you get to help out Cranky the alligator, and it involves getting poison to his house so that it will kill the algae growing on his food.
- Pipe Maze: Many of the levels involve this.
- Poison Is Evil: Cranky's levels require the player to get poison into his house. This is justified though- he needs the poison to get rid of the algae growing on his food.
- Questioning Title
- Remixed Level: All of Swampy's levels are remixed in the Mystery Duck challenges.
- Sewer Gator: Swampy and all the other gators live in the sewers of some unnamed city.
- Shout-Out: One of the Rubber Duck death sounds is the "get hurt" sound from Donald In Maui Mallard.
- Somewhere, a Herpetologist Is Crying: The snouts of the game's alligators are distinctly crocodylid.
- Stealth Pun: If you fail a level, then Swampy cries.
- Stuff Blowing Up: The bombs scattered around some levels blow up if any liquid, steam or explosion touches them. Mixing ooze and poison together causes an explosion.
- Taken for Granite: The green ooze turns algae into solid rock if they touch each other. For some reason or other. This is important to know in many levels.
- Used to comedic effect if it gets into Cranky's house- it turns his algae-infested food into a rock!
- Teleport Spam: The Mystery Duck does this in some levels, making it a matter of timing to collect them.
- Those Two Guys: Pushy and Shovey in the animated shorts.
- Universal Poison: The purple stuff that kills algae, regular rubber ducks and hurts Swampy if it gets into his house. If poison touches a body of water, it converts that water into more poison!