This is a specific type of title that poses a question to the reader. This question may relate to the Arc Words
in some way, but need not. Depending on the writer, the answer may be explicitly given, implied, or left ambiguous.
In Hollywood, using such titles is considered bad luck and many writers and studios try to avoid using them (the few exceptions, such as Who Framed Roger Rabbit
, do things such as drop the question mark to avoid being cursed).
See also Driving Question
. And as always, remember that if you Ask a Stupid Question...
, you will Get a Stupid Answer
Contrast Excited Show Title!
and Excited Title! Two-Part Episode Name!
Nani ga Anime ya Manga no shin kinou?
Is this Art?
What do you listen in Audio Play?
- Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu which originally didn't have the "Fumoffu" bit until the creators realized people were confusing it with the first season of the show (titled Full Metal Panic!). Also sort of a Word Salad Title
- Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?, which also extends to its English title Is the Order a Rabbit?.
- Is This a Zombie? features at least one zombie, a necromancer, two vampires and a magical girl in the cast and the zombie is of the intelligent variety, prompting the question (because he's not the undead eat brains type.)
What Comic Books are up for?
How is that Fan Fic you're reading?
A Film, is it?
- The Firesign Theatre's comedy album, How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You're Not Anywhere at All?
How to read Literature?
What are you on watching Live-Action Television?
- Whats Eating Gilbert Grape
- Can Hieronymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness?
- Dude, Where's My Car? Right across the street.
- Is Paris Burning?
- O Brother, Where Art Thou? In a sepia-toned retelling of The Odyssey set during the Great Depression.
- Quo Vadis?
- Shall We Dance?
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
- What?, a film directed by Roman Polanski.
- What About Bob?
- What Did You Do In the War, Daddy?
- What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice?
- What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
- Whatever Happened to Solange?
- What Price Glory?
- What Price Hollywood?
- What's New, Pussycat?
- What's So Bad About Feeling Good?
- What's Up, Doc?
- What's Up, Tiger Lily?
- What the Bleep Do We Know, a propaganda vehicle for a New Age cult— I mean, film— directed by William Antz.
- Where's Poppa?
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit Christopher Lloyd in dark glasses and a hat.
- Who Is Harry Kellerman and Why Is He Saying Those Terrible Things About Me?
- Who Is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe?
- Who Says I Can't Ride a Rainbow?
- Who Slew Auntie Roo?
- Who's Minding the Mint?
- Who's Minding the Store?
- Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?
- Why Did I Get Married?
- What's the Matter with Helen?
What is that Music you're listening to?
- Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?
- Are You Being Served?
- Car 54, Where Are You?
- Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego In a red trenchcoat.
- Whats My Line
- Who the (Bleep) did I Marry?
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Every contestant on the show.
- Who Wants to Be a Superhero?
- Doctor Who Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee, Baker, Davison, McCoy, McGann, Eccleston, Tennant, Smith, Capaldi, and counting.
- Whos The Boss Angela.
- Whose Line Is It Anyway? Clive Anderson's for the UK, or Drew Carey's if you're a US viewer.
- Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads?
Are you watching Professional Wrestling
- Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! - Devo.
- Ain't It Funky Now? - James Brown, available on Star Time.
- Ain't That A Groove - James Brown, available on Star Time.
- Ain't She Sweet, covered by The Beatles, among others.
- Are We Here? - Orbital.
- Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz.
- Are You Hung Up? - Frank Zappa, from We're Only in It for the Money.
- Are You Experienced - Jimi Hendrix.
- Can You Feel It? - The Jackson Five.
- Can You Feel The Love Tonight? - Elton John.
- Can You Hear Me? - David Bowie, from Young Americans.
- Can You Rock This? - Run-D.M.C., from King Of Rock.
- Caught, Can I Get A Witness? - Public Enemy, from It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back.
- Could You Be Loved? - Bob Marley, from Uprising.
- Crisis? What Crisis? - Supertramp.
- Didja Get Any Onya? - Frank Zappa, from Weasels Ripped My Flesh
- Does Anybody Really Know What Time it Is? - Chicago Einstein did.
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavour (On The Bedpost Overnight)? - Lonnie Donegan.
- Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid Yes, but they don't care.
- Do You Like My New Car? - Frank Zappa, from his album Fillmore East, June 1971.
- Do You Love Me? - Nick Cave, from his album Let Love In.
- Do You Love Me? - The Contours.
- Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? - Culture Club.
- Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio? - The Ramones, from End Of The Century.
- Do You Remember Walter? - The Kinks, from The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society.
- Do You Wanna Dance? - The Ramones, from Rocket To Russia.
- Do You Want To by Franz Ferdinand from You Could Have It So Much Better.
- Do You Want To Know A Secret? - The Beatles, from Please Please Me.
- Don't You Ever Wash That Thing? - Frank Zappa, from Roxy And Elsewhere.
- Don't You Want Me, Baby? - Human League.
- (Have You Ever Been To) Electric Ladyland from Electric Ladyland.
- Eddie Are You Kidding? - Frank Zappa, from Just Another Band From L.A..
- Have You Ever Loved A Woman? - - Eric Clapton from Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs.
- Have You Ever Really Ever Loved A Woman? - Bryan Adams.
- Have You Ever Seen The Rain? - Creedence Clearwater Revival.
- Haven't We Met Here Before? - Styx, from Kilroy Was Here.
- Honey, Are You Straight Or Are You Blind? - Elvis Costello, from Blood And Chocolate.
- Honey, Don't You Want A Man Like Me? - Frank Zappa, from Zappa In New York and Läther.
- How Could I Be Such A Fool? - Frank Zappa, both from Freak Out! and Cruising with Ruben & the Jets''.
- Is She Really Going Out With Him? - Joe Jackson from Look Sharp.
- "Kiyakiya" (Why Do You Run Away?)" - Babatunde Olatunji, from Drums Of Passion.
- Kristy, Are You Doing OK? - The Offspring
- Life On Mars? - David Bowie, from Hunky Dory.
- She Watch Channel Zero? - Public Enemy, from It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back.
- Should I Stay Or Should I Go? - The Clash.
- Swans? What Swans? - Frank Zappa, from "Guitar".
- Tell Me Why? - The Beatles, from A Hard Days Night.
- What? - A Tribe Called Quest, from The Low End Theory.
- What Do You Do For Money, Honey? - AC/DC, from Back To Black.
- What Do You Want from Life?, The Tubes
- What Is Love? - Haddaway
- What Goes On? - The Beatles, from Rubber Soul.
- What Kind Of Girl Do You Think We Are? - Frank Zappa, from Fillmore East, June 1971...
- What Will This Evening Bring Me This Morning? - Frank Zappa, from Two Hundred Motels.
- What's Going On? - Marvin Gaye, from his album What's Going On.
- What's Happening, Brother? - Marvin Gaye, from his album What's Going On.
- What's Your Game? - The Ramones, from Leave Home.
- What's That? from Sun Ra 's The Futuristic Sounds of Sun Ra.
- What's the Frequency, Kenneth? by REM from "Monster" (1994) (taken from an infamous incident involving Dan Rather)
- What's The Ugliest Part Of Your Body? - Frank Zappa, from We're Only in It for the Money.
- What's Up? - Four Non Blondes (the song actually has "What's Going On?" as a refrain, but the band wanted to avoid The Name's The Same confusion with Marvin Gaye's What's Going On.)
- Whatever Happened To All The Fun In The World? - Frank Zappa, from Sheik Yerbouti.
- Where Is The Line? - Björk, from Medúlla.
- Where Is The Love? - Black Eyed Peas.
- Where Is Tomorrow? from Sun Ra 's The Futuristic Sounds of Sun Ra.
- Where There's Woman? - Captain Beefheart, from Safe As Milk.
- Who Are The Brain Police? - Frank Zappa, from Freak Out!.
- Who Are You? - Tom Waits, from Bone Machine.
- Who Are You? - The Who
- Who Do You Think You Are? - The Spice Girls.
- Who's Next - The Who.
- Why Do Fools Fall In Love?
- Who Will Survive in America? - Gil Scott Heron, later sampled by Kanye West on his album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
- Who Do We Think We Are? - Deep Purple.
- Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? - Frank Zappa, from Joe's Garage.
- Why Does Love Have To Be So Sad? - Eric Clapton from Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs.
- Why Don'tcha Do Me Right? - Frank Zappa, from Absolutely Free.
- Why Don't We Do It In The Road? - The Beatles, from The White Album.
- Why Don't You Get a Job? - The Offspring Because my sucker boy/girlfriend pays for everything, so I don't need to.
- Why Is It Always This Way? - The Ramones, from Rocket To Russia.
- Why You Wanna Trip On Me? - Michael Jackson, from Dangerous.
- Who Is It? - Björk, from Medúlla.
- Who Is It? - Michael Jackson, from Dangerous.
- Who Killed Bambi? - The Sex Pistols.
- Who Killed Cock Robin? - Traditional.
- Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar?
- Who'll Stop The Rain? - Creedence Clearwater Revival.
- Will You Be There? - Michael Jackson, from Dangerous.
- Would You...? (full title: Would You Go To Bed With Me?) - Touch and Go.
- Would You Go All The Way? - Frank Zappa, from Chunga's Revenge.
- Would You Like A Snack? - Frank Zappa, from Two Hundred Motels.
- Wouldn't It Be Nice? - The Beach Boys, from Pet Sounds.
- This quiz offers sarcastic answers to some questioning song titles.
- The Anna Russell albums on CD:
- The Anna Russell Album?, much of which was originally released on an LP titled Anna Russell Sings! Again? Yes.
- Anna Russell Again? Yes.
- Anna Russell Encore? Yes.
Are you going to the Theater with me?
Where's the Video Games?
- CHIKARA's May 26, 2007 show was titled Aniversario?
Why do you ask so many questions????