Recap: The Simpsons S 21 E 8 O Brother Where Bart Thou
Jealous of the sisterly bond between Lisa and Maggie, Bart sets out to get a little brother — first by making Homer and Marge have sex, then by adopting an orphan.
- Brick Joke / Funny Background Event: Homer's scene with the dynamite ends in the next scene with Bart and the social worker.
- Call Back: Nelson and the Tac-Tics
- Continuity Nod: This isn't the first time Bart replaced a woman's birth control pills with Tic-Tacs (only they're called "Tac-Tics" here).
- Outnumbered Sibling: Bart started feeling this in this episode. He even imagined what his future would be like if his attempts to trick his parents in having another child resulted in a third girl.
- Later, Charlie (the orphan acting as Bart's brother) is adopted by a couple with six daughters.
- Shout-Out: The scene of Bart telling his friends about his baby brother dilemma looks and is "animated" like South Park.
- Siblings Wanted: Bart tries convincing his parents to have another boy, but gives up on this when Marge explains that she and Homer are fine with just three kids and points out that even if they did end up having another baby, it could end up being another girl instead of a boy.