- Didn't Think This Through: Homer finally snaps and smashes the Bonk It game underfoot. Almost immediately after, the car gets into trouble with traffic and Homer finds the pieces have jammed the brake pedal.Homer: Oh, why do my actions have consequences?!
- Goth Girls Know Magic: Invoked and subverted. When the three wicca teen girls Lisa befriends are arrested, suddenly, half the town becomes blind and the girls are blamed. Turn out that they are innocent and the cause of blindness was not the magic.
- Overly Long Gag: Bonk It! Twist It! Smack It! Thwack It!
- Strange Minds Think Alike: To get rid of the Bonk It noise, Homer threw the game away from the car. Thanks to a man at a nearby car having a similar idea, the Simpson kids got a new Bonk It soon after.
- Too Dumb to Live: Chief Wiggum pointing his gun at a fly that landed on his nose.
- The Weird Sisters: Lisa gets lost in the forest and runs into three teenage girls who are performing a Wicca ritual. The way the three are first seen—three cowled figures around a cauldron—alludes to the witches of Macbeth. Eventually the three invite Lisa to be the fourth member of their "coven", but the induction is not complete when Chief Wiggum arrests the girls for witchcraft.
- Witch Hunt: Of the drowning kind of hunt.