Film: What Have You Done to Solange?
What Have You Done To Solange? is a very underrated and brilliant Giallo directed by Massimo Dallamano based on the work of Edgar Wallace.Fabio Testi plays a philandering professor Enrico Rosseni at a Catholic Girls' school. While he is fooling around with beautiful student Elizabeth in a boat, she witnesses a murder. Initially dismissing her claims as avoiding him, the body count starts piling up and he finds himself as the prime suspect.The film is known for some fabulous Music by Ennio Morricone.
- Decoy Protagonist: You would think Elizabeth is the Final Girl..
- Fanservice: Frequent nudity particularly shower scenes.
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion: Defied in case of poor Solange
- Gory Discretion Shot: The movie is not as gory as some other Giallo films out there.
- Groin Attack: M.O. of the killer who drives a knife inside a woman's nether region . A rare example of groin attack on females
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold:: Enrico who is pretty antagonistic towards pretty much everybody. Even Herta, his wife who is an Ice Queen qualifies. Both Enrico and Herta become much better by the end of the movie.
- The Reveal: All the victims except Hilda and Elizabeth held orgies. Solange happened to enter one of these and got pregnant. She then underwent abortion forced upon by other girls which was performed by Ruth Holden due to which she suffered from immense psychological trauma rendering her mute and catatonic. Prof. Bascombe, her father found out and decided to execute his Roaring Rampage of Revenge.