Recap: The Simpsons S 22 E 7 How Munched Is That Birdie In The Window
Bart decides to get rid of Santa's Little Helper after he eats the bird that Bart was trying to save from dying.
- Continuity Nod: This isn't the first time Bart was mad at Santa's Little Helper.
- Eyes Wide Open: The ostrich at then end.
- Fun with Acronyms: Milhouse uses the pigeon to send Bart a message with a PDF file. The "file" is a photograph Milhouse considers Pretty Darn Funny.
- Kangaroo Court: The Itchy and Scratchy cartoon features a trial where the jury quickly declares the defendant guilty because they don't want to take time to deliberate.
- Like Father, Like Son: In order to get out of the ostrich's grip, Bart grabbed it by the neck and strangled it in a familiar way. Homer, who was watching, had a look of excitement on his face.
- Missing Mom: Nelson's mother eloped with the clown from his birthday party.
- Mouse Hole: In the intro, when the Simpsons entered their living room, Prof. Frink shrunk them and they ran into the hole to escape the cat.
- Rhetorical Question Blunder: At some point in the past, Santa's Little Helper dragged Bart around and a newspaper published it with the question "Who's walking who?". Homer says he sent the answer but they refused to publish it.
- Shout-Out: The Itchy and Scratchy cartoon features several. The title (Dogday Hellody of 1933) is a play on Broadway Melody. The basic plot is a parody of Pluto's Judgement Day, while the parade of celebrity cameos brings (Including Harpo Marx, Will Rogers, and Edward G. Robinson) is reminiscent of the "Hollywood Party" style of Looney Tunes cartoons, such as Hollywood Steps Out