Film: What About Juvenile Delinquency
A band of no-good punks beat a guy for driving too slow and steal his mechanical pencil, before arriving to pick up their missing member Jamie, the son of the man they've just beaten. Twist! Has the Rare honor of being riffed by both Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Rifftrax.For the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode see here.
Tropes used in this short:
- Car Chase: A very, very minor one, but when Jamie and the other students race to the Mayor's office, the gang chases after them, getting into their own cars to do so.
- Disproportionate Retribution: One of the city council members, in response to the gang's mischief, decides to punish all teens by eliminating all events for teens.
- Felony Misdemeanor: A lesser example than Cheating
- Heel-Face Turn: Jaime was one of the members of the group and possibly did some bad stuff, but when his father got beaten up, that was enough.
- Insignia Rip-Off Ritual: When Jaime pulls off his Heel-Face Turn, he tears off the gang's insignia from his jacket.
- Teens Are Monsters: One of the City Council members thinks this and wants them all punished.