Western Animation: What's with Andy?
What's with Andy? was a Canadian animated series about Andy Larkin, a boy who strives to become the greatest prankster in the world. Most episodes focus on a new prank he has in mind for his annoying sister Jen, his boring school, or even the whole town of East Gackle. The show is based on the Just...! series of children's books by Australian writer Andy Griffiths.
This show provides examples of:
- Anti-Hero: Andy, oh good Lord, Andy.
- Black Best Friend: Danny Pickett.
- Bragging Theme Tune
- Canada, Eh?: In Season Two, the show gets relocated to Canada.
- Check Please: Said by Andy in a flashback in "Beat the Bomb".
- Comedic Underwear Exposure: A staple of almost every episode, happening to Andy.
- Naked People Are Funny: And sometimes, his underwear wasn't the only thing exposed.
- Couch Gag: Season One theme song has one different line per each episode, describing the premise.
- The Canadian prints (both English and French language ones) of Season One's opening also showed each time different footage (coming from the episode shown after the theme song) during that line.
- Disguised in Drag: In the very first episode, Andy decides to annoy his sister Jen by mimicking everything she does. This bites him in the butt when Jen goes to the school dance in a dress. Craig Bennett immediately falls for him once he arrives at the dance.
- Donut Mess with a Cop: Parodied. During careers week, a kid is told by the cop he is partnered with to memorize the different kinds of donuts there are, since this is a crucial aspect of becoming a real cop.
- Failure Hero: Both this and Invincible Hero are averted - Andy gets a balanced amount of both victories and failures. Until Season 3 that is, where he fails and gets chased by angry mobs every time.
- High School Hustler: Andy
- The Key Is Behind the Lock: In the episode "The Great American Lock-In", Andy reverses the locks in the front doors of his school, then lures in Lik and Leech. Unfortunately, he has dropped the keys outside of the school.
- Least Rhymable Word: In "Rhyme Time" Andy has to rhyme for a whole week due to a bet he has made with Jen. She tries to trick him with the word "orange". He gets away with "door hinge."
- Potty Emergency: Soon after Andy engages in a drinking contest.
- Prince of Pranksters: Andy's main character trait.
- Replaced the Theme Tune: Three times in the entire series.
- Sociopathic Hero: Andy, who faked his own death by making a life-sized doll of himself commit suicide by jumping off a waterfall... As a joke.
- Time Stands Still