- From Jade Empire:
Kang the Mad: Next time I hide something, I'm packing explosives around it. Explosives shaped like silver bananas! Stops thieves, monkeys, and monkey thieves in one fell swoop.
- In MadWorld, when it's time for a special event, the announcers say:
Howard: It's my favorite time of day again!
Kreese: Ooh, time to huff some paint?
Kreese: Time to take a dump?
Kreese: Well then I give up, what time is it?
Howard: Time for another Bloodbath Challenge!
Kreese: Whatever — if you need me, I'll be taking a dump while huffing some paint...
Howard: So predictable.
- A few in GLaDOS's Cake Recipe, usually involving fish or rhubarb. The obvious (fish-shaped rhubarb) is missing though.
- In one scene in Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Homestar Ruiner, Homestar is in Strong Bad's house trying to make some sweets as a token of apology to Marzipan.
Strong Bad: Sounds like a plan. How's it going?
Homestar: Not so good. Marzipan's vegan, and most of the food in here contains meat, milk, milky meat, or... meaty milk.
Strong Bad: Hey, don't be dissin' my meaty milk!
- Also from Homestar Ruiner, Strong Bad tries to eliminate Pom Pom as a competitor in the race by suggesting to Coach Z that Pom Pom's unusually amazing time is the result of him being on steroids, a robot, or a robot on steroids. Coach Z insists that there are no "'roided up androids" on his team.
- Strong Bad also has lines in Poker Night at the Inventory that alternately play this straight and invert it:
Strong Bad: That's not as good as the time I had a straight flush and a full house in the same hand! A FLUSH HOUSE! note
Strong Bad: Maybe you're, like, color and number blind. Er, or, just blind. Or just... number?
- Big Head uses this trope to hilarious effect several times in about a thirty-second speech in Shivering Isles.
- Generations II & III Pokémon family. Azurill, Marill, Azumarill. Unusually, Azurill was introduced after the other two.
- From Final Fantasy V:
: Enough expository banter! Now, we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men
! For Gilgamesh... IT IS MORPHING TIME!
- Chrono Trigger enemies encountered in a particular zone: Roli (a kind of wheel or ball), Poli (a kind of gnome), Rolipoli (a Poli balancing on a Roli).
- In Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Emil and Marta are going off about what they can do to Alice. Marta's suggestion is to tie her up in a sack and throw her into Lenore Harbor, and Emil says she's too soft and to tie her up to the peak of Mount Fugi. When Zelos comes around, his idea is to do both.
- In Soul Calibur III, Nightmare's Breaking Speech to Sigfried is this, alongside his usual amounts of ham and narm.
"You will never run away from your sin! You have no right to live! It is a sin for you to be alive!"
- In Fable II, if your renown isn't high enough when you meet Reaver, he'll suggest you go "rescue some travelers, or slay some beasts, or slay some travelers... the details are unimportant."
- In Katawa Shoujo, during the Act 1 scene "Mind Your Step", Hisao and Lily run into Rin in the middle of town at night, and this thought occurs to Hisao:
Hisao: [Rin] looks like a zombie. Or a statue. A statue of a zombie.
- Later he compares Shizune and Misha to "Prison Guards. Or Bloodhounds. Or Prison Guards bred from Bloodhounds."
- During their nightly maintenance, rather than letting you log in, Kingdom of Loathing encourages visitors to listen to Radio KoL - with a warning that it's "not intended for children or the easily offended. Or easily offended children."
- The description of the Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich: "Perfect for the busy Adventurer on the go, this portable powerhouse is packed with everything you need to start your day: Grease, cheese, vitamins (probably,) and greasy cheese."
- When you defeat the penultimate boss of (the Gladiator path of) the Sea Monkees Quest, Ringogeorge, the Colosseum announcer says, "may your name be celebrated in story, song, and story songs! You know, the kind of song that has a complete narrative?"
- If you ask Grandpa Sea Monkee about eels, he'll go off on a Rambling Old Man Monologue about the time him and some of his friends went to a clambake, or possibly a shindig, or maybe even a shinbake.
- Three of the combat skills Seal Clubbers can learn are Lunge Smack, Thrust-Smack, and Lunging Thrust-Smack.
- The item, thermos of "whiskey", is "a glass of perfectly innocent milk that absolutely does not have any vodka or rum or whiskey or a blend of vodka, rum and whiskey in it."
- Makoto Sako from Devil Survivor 2 deactivating the seal on Shiva:
Makoto: All right... what's going to come out? A monster? A snake? ...A monster snake?
- In Persona 3 FES, during one of the recordings that can be viewed on the 4th floor of the dorm, Mitsuru reads from a fashion magazine:
Mitsuru: "This one-piece is beloved by all, including friends, boyfriends, and boyfriends' friends..."
- In The Secret Of Monkey Island, when Guybrush Threepwood asks some pirates what they have in their barrel, they respond:
Pirate 1: Jam / Pirate 2: Rum
Pirate 1: Rum / Pirate 2: Jam
Pirate 1: Er... rum and jam. It's an old pirate favorite, everybody knows that.
- Inherit the Earth has a dim-witted talking bear at a country fair. When you ask him what he's selling at his stand, he replies,
"Sweets. Fruit on a stick. Honey on a stick! Honeyed fruits on a stick. If it's sweet, and will fit on a stick, I'll sell it!"
- In Kid Icarus: Uprising there are enemies shaped like eyes (Monoeye), like mouths with large tongues (Mick) and like large noses that spit bombs (Specknose). There's also an enemy that is a combination of all three forming a face, aptly named Monomiknose.
- As noted on that page's Game Breaker section, two completely overpowered factors in multiplayer mode are clubs and freezing mods. Palutena forbid you encounter the player who is dragging behind them a club with a freezing mod.
- If there's two things Bayonetta hates in this world, it's cockroaches and crying babies.
Bayonetta: Well, a crying baby cockroach would be truly terrible...
- In Plants vs. Zombies, the almanac entry for the cherry bombs:
"I wanna explode," says Cherry #1.
"No, let's detonate instead!" says his brother, Cherry #2.
After intense consultation they agree to explodonate.
- The fire-elemental dragon spells in Breath of Fire IV are Hwa, Jeh, and Hwajeh.
- In Mother 3, a group of presents in Chapter 4 contain "nice stuff", "rice stuff" and "nice rice stuff", respectively.
- Minecraft has, among other enemies, skeletons, spiders, and skeletons RIDING spiders.
- Also: zombies, chickens, and zombies riding chickens.
- Also: zombies, villagers, and zombie villagers.
- Mojang has been indicating it wants to add normal pigmen as a passive mob at some point, so we may someday have pigs, pigmen, zombies, and zombie pigmen.
- Since they have a child form, they could theoretically be found riding chickens too.
- Due to the way the code for zombie pigman is built on top of the code for normal zombies, zombie pigmen villagers riding chickens would not be completely impossible, just borderline impossible.
- In Fire Emblem Awakening, the C-level support between Lissa and the Avatar has her sneak up on them while they're sleeping, causing them to cry out about Risen, wolves, and "Risen riding wolves".
- The C-Level support between Olivia and Henry has the former refer to the latter as "that creepy kid who likes blood and magic and...blood magic!"
- In Tony Hawk's Underground 2, when arriving in New Orleans, Tony Hawk describes the types of people in New Orleans as "Drunks, idiots and drunk idiots".
- In Asura's Wrath, Augus has this piece of wisdom to dispense to Asura.
"Relax son. Enjoy every moment. You fight, then you eat good food. You fight, then you drink fine wine. You fight, then you sleep with beautiful women. Hell, fight with beautiful women! That's what it means to live."
- The "British Tea Biscuit" series of flavored cookie upgrades in Cookie Clicker exhibit this. In order, there are: British Tea Biscuits, Chocolate British Tea Biscuits, Round British Tea Biscuits, Round Chocolate British Tea Biscuits, Round British Tea Biscuits with Heart Motif, and finally, Round Chocolate British Tea Biscuits with Heart Motif.
- In Saints Row: The Third, the description for the vehicle theft mission involving the Stork helicopter has Rigg say that it's good for carrying smuggled goods, smuggled people or smuggled people with smuggled goods in them.
- In Guild Wars 2, Dierdre, the only NPC in a hidden area of the map, says to players who reach her: "What brings you to my glade? It's unusual to see travelers out here, unless they're lost. Or cartographers. Or lost cartographers."
- Myst received an Updated Re-release in May 2000 called Myst: Masterpiece Edition. Later that year, it was remade as realMyst. Then, in 2014, it was remade again as realMyst: Masterpiece Edition.
- The Medic in Team Fortress 2 when the player equips the Medimedes, which turns his head into a dove's:
"It's a bird! It's a head! It's a bird head!" (laughs)
- In the video for the End of the Line update, Soldier sees that if the BLU team's runaway train collides into the massive stockpile of Exploding Barrels in the RED team's base, the explosion will destroy a kitten kennel, an orphanage and a kitten orphanage.
- From the intro of Battleblock Theater:
"Now one fine morning Hatty and pals set out for a new and exciting adventure! What fantastic wonders would they discover this time? Perhaps they would come across a scary ghost ship! Perhaps they would find an island made entirely of candy! Perhaps they would meet a band of swash-buckling pirates! And join forces to find an island made entirely of candy!"
- From the intro to Fantasy Life:
"A hero may forge legendary weapons, wield an epic blade, or brew magical potions. The choices are many... Perhaps this hero will sew. Or saw. Perhaps the hero will sew and saw while on a seesaw."
- In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, we hear this on V-Rock:
Lazlow: If you wanna get a great new hairstyle, Sissy Spritz is probably the way to go. Either that or a perm...or both. Sissy Spritz your perm!