Cracked.com, founded in 2005, is a comedy-infotainment website spun off from the now-defunct Cracked Magazine, which was founded in 1958. It can be found here.Relying largely on (ostensibly) humorous list articles, Cracked has become rather famous on the internet. Its lists, which can be written by anyone (hence these notes indicating inconsistency), are rooted in fact (usually) and coated in humour (mostly), dispensing interesting (often), historical (sometimes), and scientific (occasionally) trivia surrounded by jokes (always). It has about a half dozen full-time columnists on payroll, who dish out weekly and biweekly articles on serious subjects ranging from the cultural effects of the Internet, to Choose Your Own Adventure Gonzo-style articles about visiting the zoo while on an amount of drugs capable of killing most men, to action reporting while getting kidnapped by pirates.Small-time celebrities, including Seanbaby and Michael Ian Black, have written articles for Cracked, with Seanbaby now part of the column staff.The website plays host to numerous Internet sketch groups, webcomics (such as Subnormality, White Ninja and Daisy Owl), and its own caption contest (now retired to the archives). It has added an encyclopedia known as Cracked Topics, where Cracked readers submit articles on a variety of subjects, from Steven Seagal to Punk Rock (including one about TV Tropes).For tropes relating to the original magazine, see Magazine.Cracked.
Who's who on the current column writers:
- Jack O'Brien (Editor-in-Chief) (2005-)
- David Wong (Senior Editor, also the author of John Dies at the End) (2007-)
- Robert Brockway (2007-)
- Chris Bucholz (2006-)
- Cody (Johnston) (2009-)
- Wayne "Gladstone" Gladstone (2006-)
- Soren Bowie (2009-)
- Dan O'Brien (or DOB) (2007-)
- Ian Fortey (2007-2010, 2012-)
- Sean "Seanbaby" Reiley (2009-)
- Michael Swaim (2006-)
- John Cheese (2008-)
- Luke McKinney (2007-)
- Adam (Tod) Brown (2007-)
- Brendan McGinley ( 2011-)
- Kristi Harrison ( 2007-)
- Felix Clay (2012-)
- Christina Hsu (H.) (2009-2012, 2013-note )
- Tom Reimann (2013-)
- Winston Rowntree (2013-)
- Cezary Jan Strusiewicz (2013-)
- C. Coville (2013-)
- J. F. Sargent (2013-)
- Luis Prada (2013-)
With frequent non-columnist posters:
- Jacopo della Quercia
- David Christopher Bell
- Amanda Mannen
- Evan V. Symon
- Adam Wears
- Ryan Menezes
- David Dietle
- Sam Jackson
- Ross Wolinsky (2006-2008)
Video contributions include:
- Cracked TV (now Does Not Compute) hosted by Michael Swaim, whose content comes primarily from lists compiled by the Cracked forums.
- Cody Johnston produces somewhat esoteric standalone videos.
- Agents Of Cracked, Cracked's main comedy web-miniseries, starring Michael Swaim and Daniel O'Brien.
- After Hours, set in a diner where Soren Bowie, DOB, Swaim and Katie Willert discuss pop culture.
- Other regular contributors include BriTaNick, Black 20, and Those Aren't Muskets.