Creator: Neil Cicierega
Neil Cicierega (pronounced, roughly, si-ser-EE-ga) is the creator of Potter Puppet Pals and the Animutation genre of Flash videos. He is also the one-man (with other members joining in live performances) band Lemon Demon. In 2014, he gained some media buzz for two albums of mashups entitled Mouth Sounds and Mouth Silence, comprised of many disoriented and epic mashups of popular songs, mostly "All Star" by Smash Mouth.His website can be found here. He also has a YouTube channel here, where he posts assorted comedy videos and Lemon Demon/Potter Puppet Pals-related material.
Neil Cicierega provides examples of:
- Arc Samples: "All-Star", "Smooth", the Full House theme...at this point, almost no song is sacred from being used in a lot of his mashups.
- Ascended Fanboy
- Choose Your Own Adventure: "Haircut"
- Darker and Edgier: Bleed with Me Harry
- Distinct Double Album: Mouth Silence and Mouth Sounds, his mashup albums.
- Easter Egg: Mouth Silence is full of carefully hidden "All-Star" references, including an album cover, backwards messages, and even some text in ID 3 tags.
- Entertainingly Wrong: Everything from the Races of Star Trek.
- Limited Animation: The first three minutes of BRODYQUEST, before Adrien Brody becomes a rock star and then becomes the universe (possibly).
- Limited Lyrics Song: Sometimes to the point of Overly Long Gag levels. "Don't need no credit card to ride this train..."
- Mind Screw: Goes without saying.
- Name's the Same:
- Promoted Fanboy
- As a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000, he has several shout-outs in his works. The most obvious is his first Lemon Demon album, which features a cover of "Idiot Control Now".
- Some of his videos mention Animorphs, including one about two investigators who crack a confession out of a thug by just recapping the entire Animorphs storyline.
- Spoken Word in Music: Happens a lot in Mouth Silence, using a spoken word sample to segue into or introduce another song.
- Take That:
- The Slender Man Mythos: Parodied in Splendourman.
- Totally Radical: "It's the World Wide Web".