Creator / Neil Cicierega
Neil Cicierega (pronounced, roughly, si-ser-EE-ga
) is the creator of Potter Puppet Pals
and the Animutation
genre of Flash videos. He is also the one-man (with other members joining in live performances) band Lemon Demon
. In 2014, he gained some media buzz for two albums of mashups entitled Mouth Sounds
and Mouth Silence
, comprised of many disoriented and epic mashups of popular songs, mostly "All Star" by Smash Mouth.
His website can be found here
. He also has a YouTube
, where he posts assorted comedy videos and Lemon Demon
/Potter Puppet Pals
Neil Cicierega provides examples of:
- Leitmotif: "All-Star", "Smooth", the Full House theme...at this point, almost no song is sacred from being used in a lot of his mashups.
- Brick Joke: Track 6 on Mouth Sounds, "Full Mouth", is a mashup between All Star and the Full House theme. Once you think it's over, the next track "Alanis" starts up with the vocals from Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know"...only for the Full House music to kick back in. THEN, once you've completely finished with that album and are 45 minutes into Mouth Silence, "Wndrwll" starts out as a chopped up remix of Oasis' "Wonderwall", and then 2 minutes into it, when you least expect it, the Full House music comes back one more time.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: "Haircut"
- Darker and Edgier: Bleed with Me Harry
- Distinct Double Album: Mouth Silence and Mouth Sounds, his mashup albums.
- Easter Egg: Mouth Silence is full of carefully hidden "All-Star" references, including an album cover, backwards messages, and even some text in ID 3 tags.
- Entertainingly Wrong: Everything from the Races of Star Trek.
- Limited Animation: The first three minutes of BRODYQUEST, before Adrien Brody becomes a rock star and then becomes the universe (possibly).
- Limited Lyrics Song: Sometimes to the point of Overly Long Gag levels. "Don't need no credit card to ride this train..."
- Mind Screw: Goes without saying.
- Precision F-Strike: Done a lot lately. See "Knock Knock Knock", "Computer Fighters", "It's the World Wide Web"...