- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: While the variant you can capture is named "Sasquatch", the name used for their offspring will sometimes adapt to whatever variant that works as the best possible pun, to the point where "Wookie" is also invoked at times.
- Explosive Breeder: True to the movies they come from, the Gremlin creature tend to multiply itself randomly off-screen.
- Hot Skitty-on-Wailord Action: It is possible to breed pretty much any pair of monsters. No matter their size, gender, and manner of existence. There are some limitations, though, mostly pertaining to the Blob as it tends to consume some of the overtly human monsters.
- Must State If You're a Cop: Talking to prospective buyers includes "Are you a cop?" as an option, since as an unlicensed Monster Breeder there is a chance that it is actually a sting to get you to give up your game. While it tends to scare off actual investigators, it can also offend some costumers causing them to terminate the deal.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: The premise of the game; as a Monster Breeder, you combine famous monsters to rather madcap hybrid creature and even profit from it.
- Only the Knowledgable May Pass: Selling a hybrid monster to a prospective costumer works a little brainteasing minigame in and off itself, as said costumer will make a list of traits they want from their monster, and the player is required to be knowledgable enough in general monster film and pop culture trivia to find a match. It is downplayed in that only really becomes a problem if you have too many hybrids, as you always get three tries to match a costumer and a monster.
- Subverted Rhyme Every Occasion: The Leprechaun creature sprouts off rhymes about how it will murder you if you try to steal his gold. Though eventually he comes up with this:Roses are red, clovers are green!
Steal me gold... And I kill ya!
- X Meets Y: Invoked Trope. Basically, you can smash a lot of famous monster franchises (from Slashers, over Gothic Horror and Sci-Fi Horror, to Kaiju and pretty everything in between) together and see what happens.
- World of Pun:
- The game is basically an excuse to fire off as a many monster puns as possible. It is at least half of the game's appeal to try and find the really clever ones.
- The Skeleton monster likes to make Skeleton puns of course.