Pecola is a CG anime about a town in Crescent Bay full of Funny Animals rendered in cube shape, appropriately named "Cube Town", starring a young penguin that constantly gets into trouble despite his heart of gold. His friends include a nerdy mouse named Little Chu a.k.a. Chewy, a fox named Rudy, and a female penguin named Coco. The show ran for 26 episodes with 52 segments lasting 11 minutes each.
- Adorkable: Pecola, Chewy, and Robbie embody this trope.
- Alternative Foreign Theme Song: The English version uses a completely different theme song from the Japanese version.
- Butt Monkey: Mr. Saruyama can't seem to go one day without his melons rolling away.
- Catch Phrase: "Flappin' flippers!"
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Mayor Papazoni.
- Eccentric Townsfolk
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Mr. Saruyama.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Pecola, his grandfather, and Coco.
- Eyes Always Shut: Rory the mailman.
- Fruit Cart: Mr. Saruyama's melon cart, which spills Once an Episode."My melons!" (starts crying)
- Funny Animal
- Heavy Sleeper: Mr. Bernard, often to his wife's dismay.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: Coco. One episode has her practice singing for Pecola's band, which was assaulting on the ears of everyone in Cube Town. Towards the end of the episode, Coco's screechy voice became smooth during vocalization, and Pecola compliments on it.
- Invisibility: In one episode, a machine created by Dr. Chu accidentally turns Pecola invisible.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Rudy
- The Klutz: One of the reasons why Pecola gets into trouble.
- Jabbatt and Bashatt, the two tortoise brothers and Cube Town's local firefighters, seem to cause more property damage than Pecola when they drive their fire truck.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Rudy. It's evident in his catch phrase.
- Personality Swap: One episode has Coco, Robbie, and Bongo switch personalities with one another when Chewy's cleaning vacuum malfunctions.
- Play Every Day: Robbie loves to play with his Game Boy.
- Robot Me: Robo-Pecola.
- Those Two Guys: Jabatt and Bashatt
- Trademark Favorite Food: The kid characters love pudding, especially Pecola. There's also Mr. Saruyama with melons.
- Treasure Map: One episode has Pecola and his friends go on a treasure hunt with a map they found. It is the same map that the adults used when they were kids.
- World of Funny Animals