Hye Yoon loves Jung Hoon, and he loves her. After dating for 3 years, can they get married? Not if meddling mothers, crazy exes, and bickering relatives have anything to say about it.
This series provides examples of:
- Disappeared Dad: Hye Jin and Hye Yoon's father is dead.
- Divorce Assets Conflict: Do Hyun/Hye Jin
- Fourth Date Marriage: Jung Hoon's cousin, Ki Joong, agrees to marry Chae Young after about 2 dates.
- Housewife: Hye Yoon's older sister Hye Jin waits on her husband hand and foot—until his mistress starts to taunt and threaten her.
- Happily Married: Jung Hoon's parents
- Intergenerational Friendship: Dong Bi/Deul Rae
- Likes Older Women: This relationship is an interesting example of this trope. Min Ho is older than the guys he hangs out with and the girls he date (and marry), but interestingly enough, he falls for Hye Joon's aunt who is older than he is.
- Like Parent, Like Spouse: Hye Yoon mentions that the reason she likes Jung Hoon is because he's like a father, putting up with all her eccentricities. Since she basically grew up without a father, she might as well have been talking about this trope by name.
- Limited Social Circle: So, the ex of Hye Yoon's best friend Dong Bi is Jung Hoon's cousin, whose friend Min Ho is interested in Hye Joon's aunt ...
- Meddling Parents: Both Hye Yoon's and Jung Hoon's mother pay way to much attention to their kids' relationship, but Hye Yoon's mother is over the top.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Ki Joong's fiance is named Han Chae Young.
- The One That Got Away: Sang Jin, to Hye Joon. Later, their relationship becomes a Old Flame Fizzle on Hye Yoon's part, though Sang Jin still carries a touch for her.
- Parental Marriage Veto
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Hye Yoon/Jung Hoon's relationship is pretty much like this:- she gets upset about something he said/did, he tries to appease her but fails, she gets even more upset and leaves/threatens to leave, he tries again and succeeds. Every once in a while, their roles are switched - with him getting angry instead.
- Title Drop: Hye Yoon thinks this in the very first scene.Hye Yoon: The man I decided to marry is right in front of me. Can we get married?
- Your Cheating Heart: Do Hyun