Recap / The Simpsons S 14 E 18 Dude Wheres My Ranch
- Production code: EABF13
- Original air date: April 27, 2003
After writing a song about Ned Flanders which becomes a sensation and is repeated endlessly on the radio, Homer and his family goes to a dude ranch to escape for awhile. While there, Lisa falls for a boy, while Homer and Bart battle beavers that are intruding on Native American land.
Tropes of this episode:
- The Ace: Luke Stetson.
- And the Adventure Continues: After hearing Moe's song on the radio, the Simpsons head back to the ranch for another week to avoid it.
- Artistic License – Biology: Luke stops Lisa from accidentally stepping on a rattlesnake egg. Rattlesnakes are live-bearers.
- Beavers are portrayed with white teeth, when they should have yellow or orange teeth.
- Bowdlerization: The scene where it's revealed Cookie died the night before the Simpsons leaves the ranch is often cut out for some reason.
- Brick Joke: The end of the first act has Moe kidnapping David Byrne. At the very end, it's shown that Byrne has made a song about Moe.
- Creator Backlash: In-Universe, Homer grows to hate his song.
Homer: I've come to hate my own creation. Now I know how God feels.
- Disney Owns This Trope: When the Simpsons are singing Christmas carols door-to-door at the beginning, the Blue-Haired Lawyer informs them that they can't sing a certain song because it's owned by the original copyright owners. When Homer complains, the lawyer suggests public domain songs instead:
Lawyer: But don't use A-flat or G-natural. Those are owned by Disney.
Lawyer: That's A-Flat.
Homer: (moans in a higher key)
Lawyer: That's better!
- Hypocritical Humor: Clara saying there's more to life than boys and then upon seeing Bart, hits on him.
- Jerkass: Lisa's sending Clara down the wrong path out of jealousy.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Lisa when she discovers that Clara was Luke's sister.
- "Risk"-Style Map: Homer has one for his planning against the beavers.
- Series Continuity Error: Lisa claims Luke was her first crush, but it was Nelson in Season 8's "Lisa's Date with Density".
- Maggie dances parodies Britney Spears’
- Cookie's assistant Cleanie is an obvious one to Gollum from The Lord of the Rings, being both voiced by Andy Serkis and using the famous line "My precious" when gathering up the Simpsons' garbage.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: What about Snake as he took a family hostage?
- What the Hell, Hero?: Luke calls Lisa despicable for what she did to Clara and Clara tries to give Lisa a speech about how there's more important things than boys, only to see Bart.