Recap: The Simpsons S 14 E 18 Dude Wheres My Ranch
After writing a song about Ned Flanders, Homer and his family goes to a dude ranch to escape for awhile.
Tropes of this episode:
- The Ace: Luke Stetson.
- And the Adventure Continues: After hearing Moe's song on the radio, the Simpsons head back to the ranch for another week to avoid it.
- Artistic License – Biology: Luke stops Lisa from accidentally stepping on a rattlesnake egg. Rattlesnakes are live-bearers.
- Beavers are portrayed with white teeth, when they should have yellow or orange teeth.
- Bowdlerization: The scene where it's revealed Cookie died the night before the Simpsons leaves the ranch is often cut out for some reason.
- Brick Joke: The end of the first act has Moe kidnapping David Byrne. At the very end, it's shown that Byrne has made a song about Moe.
- Creator Backlash: In-Universe, Homer grows to hate his song.Homer: I've come to hate my own creation. Now I know how God feels.
- Hypocritical Humor: Clara saying there's more to life than boys and then upon seeing Bart, hits on him.
- Jerkass: Lisa's sending Clara down the wrong path out of jealousy.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Lisa when she discovers that Clara was Luke's sister.
- Series Continuity Error: Lisa claims Luke was her first crush, but it was Nelson in Season 8's "Lisa's Date with Density".
- Shout-Out: Maggie dances parodies Britney Spears’
- What Happened to the Mouse?: What about Snake as he took a family hostage?
- What the Hell, Hero?: Luke calls Lisa despicable for what she did to Clara and Clara tries to give Lisa a speech about how there's more important things than boys, only to see Bart.