Avez-vous déjà vu... ?
(Have you ever seen...?
) is a weird
French animated series. Each episode lasts one minute or less, and presents something that you have probably never seen
. Like spitting houses. Or a Space soap opera
. Or a serial-killer egg
150 episodes were released, starting in 2006. The narrator of the series is Alain Chabat, who is almost the king of nonsensical humor.
Avez-vous déjà vu... ? provides examples of the following tropes:
- Animate Inanimate Object: The focus of many episodes.
- Black Comedy / Death as Comedy: Some of the episodes fall under this.
- Captain Ersatz: Grodzilla.
- Catch Phrase: The title, and the ending: "Maintenant, oui." ("Now, you have.")
- Crapsaccharine World: Any episodes involving the toupoutous, gentle sweet mudering tellietubbies.
- Disproportionate Retribution: "Super-Roi, le Super-Héros des Rois" ("Superking, the superhero of Kings). The King orders the decapitation of all bakers, milk producers and cows in the kingdom. The reason? His cousin's slice of bread and butter fell down on the buttered side.
- Epic Fail: "Un crime pas parfait du tout", which is the absolute opposite of The Perfect Crime.
- Grossout Show: Not the entire show, but some of the episodes definitely fall under this: for example, one episode revolves around an elderly alien imitating a human exploding for his grandkids.
- Our Fairies Are Different: "La Fée Fagot" can create life from wooden objects. Pinocchio is often her victim.
- Another series of episodes revolves around an overweight, lazy-ass fairy who uses her magic wand to do pretty much everything.
- Professional Killer: "Un poisson à gages" ("A Hitfish").
- Shout-Out: "La Guerre des Nez" ("War of the noses")
- The alien taxi driver episode has one to Star Wars: as the taxi is flying through space, you can see a Tie Fighter chasing an X-Wing.
- The entire episode about a washing machine being possessed by the Devil is one to The Exorcist, complete with Suspiciously Similar Song.
- Spaghetti Kiss: Done with two vaccuum cleaners. You can guess what happens when one of them decides to leave the meat ball to the other.
- Superhero: "Super-Arbre, le super-héros des arbres" ("Supertree, the trees' superhero")
- Theme Tune Cameo: In one episode, an overweight fairy is switching channels. Though we can't see what's on the screen, we can hear at one point the series' opening jingle.
- Widget Series: A pure WTF series.