Literature: Where My Hat Is At?
As the Homestar Runner wiki sayeth, this is the second Homestar Runner children's "book," and the first Homestar Runner web appearance [it's a flash file, but it's written in a book style]. Homestar has lost his hat, and he can't play in the big game without it! Will he find his hat in time?This was later remade as an Animated Adaptation before the hiatus of the Homestar Runner Franchise.
Tropes featured in this "book" include:
- Big Damn Heroes: Homestar finds his hat just in time to score the winning run.
- Darkest Hour: The Homestar Runner is depressed that he still hasn't found his hat.
- Drowning My Sorrows: The Homestar Runner decides to mourn the seeming loss of his hat with a cold one. This is how he finds his hat; specifically, he finds it between the milk and the cold ones.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Coach Z is called Coach Zee.
- Justified as this book has a more British style to it compared to the Japanese style from the Original Book. Over in Britain, Z is pronounced as "Zed" so the Brothers Chaps had it in mind to have Coach Z's name be pronounced "Zee".
- Intentional Engrish for Funny
- Questioning Title
- Viewers Are Goldfish: The title is repeated multiple times throughout the book.
Tropes featured in the Animated Adaptation include:
- Big Damn Heroes: Subverted. By the time Homestar finds his hat, his team is down 94 points and it's only the second inning. Homestar's insistence on sticking to the book's script gets him suspended for the season. He plays this straight, however, by saving Strong Sad from a drowning death by accident.
- Call Back: Homestar kicking a soup can is a reference to his 1936 self.
- Fake Brit: Parodying the pseudo British nature of the original book, Homestar slips in and out of various accents.
- Metaphorgotten:Coach Z: A man's uniform is like a temple, wherein he keeps his uniform when he's not using it.Homestar: Are you suggesting my hat is inside my hat?
- Last Place You Look: Homestar accidently left his hat in the fridge while he was busy leaving his hat in the fridge.
- Not His Sled: In the original book, Homestar returns in time to score the winning run. Here, his team isn't even close to winning, nor is the game close to over, and Reality Ensues as his running onto the field is declared illegal.
- Title Drop: Enforced. Homestar refuses to understand Marzipan's question of where Homestar's hat is until she rephrases it into the title.
The Homestar Runner Enters The Strongest Man In The World Contest Recap/Homestar Runner Homestar Runner Marshmallows Last Stand
The Homestar Runner Enters The Strongest Man In The World Contest Picture Books Horton Hatches The Egg
The Homestar Runner Enters The Strongest Man In The World Contest Franchise/Homestar Runner Homestar Runner