open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- The famous Power Loader from Aliens had giant pincers for carrying cargo.
- The Big Bad in The Mummy Returns besides Imhotep, The Scorpion King, is revealed to be human from the waist-up with scorpion pincers for arms.
- Some of the giant insects in King Kong (2005) have crab-like pincers.
- Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean has a crab claw on his left hand (on his right he has Combat Tentacles).
- Perseus in Clash of the Titans at one point had to battle giant scorpions, which of course not only pincers but a stinger in their tails.
- Mr. Scroop from Treasure Planet is an Insectoid Alien with crab-like claws that he sometimes uses as weapons.
- Ebirah from Ebirah, Horror of the Deep naturally has these being a giant shrimp. While they are effective in crushing ships, they aren't very effective against Godzilla. The giant dinosaur just tears the claws off and even teases Ebirah with one of them.
Live Action TV
- Razer of Robot Wars, with its powerful pincer held over its wedge-shaped body like a scorpion. It tended to make a horrific mess of opponents, either puncturing their inner workings or crushing them outright.
- The Scorpion Lady from Journey to the West seems to wield a sort of trident, but it really was her pincers.
- SCP Foundation
- SCP-864 ("Efficient Washbasin"). When filled with water, SCP-864 can generate large (70 centimeter long) pincers that can grasp and try to drown anyone close by.
- SCP-1568 ("Kingston the Crab"). SCP-1568 is a giant hermit crab with highly flexible claws that can extend up to 40 meters from its body. The claws are powerful enough to grab and hold human beings.
- Bruiser Costa of Canadian based All-Star Wrestling had a pair of red lobster gloves.
- Creator/Games Workshop games:
- Almost all Daemons of the Chaos God Slaanesh from Warhammer, Warhammer: Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000 sport at least one hideous lobster-like claw. These Daemons use their claws to shred an enemy to ribbons with a lucky hit even able to punch through medium vehicular armor. The claws of Daemonettes of Slaanesh are particularly insidious as, when combined with the minor level of Mind Rape powers that they possess, their claws are capable of leaving incredibly painful wounds that leave their targets spasming in ecstasy.
- In Mordheim, the great claw mutation causes the arm of a Mutant or Possessed to transform into a large, crab-like claw that boosts their strength in close combat.
- Warhammer 40,000:
- Orks like to use Power Klaws, big hydraulic pincers sheathed in an energy field that can rip right through armor.
- Commissar Sebastian Yarrick killed the Ork that severed his right arm, ripped off its Power Klaw, and had it fitted to replace his arm. This is just one more reason the Orks fear and respect him.
- Crushing Claws of some Tyranid units fit the trope, also evoking somewhat Giant Enemy Crab-like image. Rule-wise, it's slow, but one of the strongest melee weapons available to these guys, allowing them to cut open freaking LandRaiders like cheapest tin cans.
- Dungeons & Dragons:
- In early editions the Apparatus of Kwalish was a large magic item that could carry passengers inside of it. With all of its extensions deployed it looked like a giant lobster, with claws that could attack an enemy in front of it.
- The game has numerous monsters like giant crabs and Glabezru demons that have powerful pincer claws they can attack with.
- Gamma World adventure GW1 Legion of Gold. In the SAMURAI underwater facility, the Aquatron-7 vehicle has extendable arms with pincers on the ends that can be used against marine monsters.
- Hollow Earth Expedition, supplement Mysteries of the Hollow Earth. An illustration on page 67 shows three humans facing off against two gigantic scorpions with huge pincers. Anyone grabbed by them would be in a world of hurt.
- BattleTech. The Crab and King Crab Battlemechs both have arms that end with stylized pincers, which close over the weapon barrels in the arms to protect them when the mech makes melee attacks. Fully weaponized pincers are covered as a Claw-type melee weapon.
- GURPS newsletter Roleplayer #10 (May 1988), adventure "The Isle of Night". The Eldritch Abomination T'Soquat has large claws that can do 4-14 Hit Points of damage. If the spell to summon it succeeds, the native villagers under its control will transform and their hands will become claws that do 1-6 Hit Points of damage.
- Villains & Vigilantes adventure Devil's Domain. The Sl'sssk demon has two huge crab-like pincers that it uses to grasp and crush its prey.
- Arduin RPG, The Compleat Arduin Book 2: Resources
- Great Black Scorpions can grow larger than a Sherman tank and have huge dangerous claws.
- The Ghost Crab is a Giant Enemy Crab with two pincers that each do 4-48 Hit Points of damage and drain a point of Constitution on each hit.
- The Greater Demon Carchanore the Death Mole has two nine-foot long arms ending in large crab-like pincers that can inflict 31-50 Hit Points of damage.
- Varanae generic RPG supplement Monstrum 1. The Forester is a tree-like monster with pincers on the ends of two its branches. Each pincer does 1-10 Hit Points of damage.
- Chaosium's All the Worlds' Monsters III has examples including the Shocker Crab, Crystal Creature, and Black Scorpion.
- The move Vice Grip
- Pokemon with pincers include include Krabby, Kingler, Pinsir, Scizor, Corphish, Crawdaunt, Skorupi, Drapion, Clauncher, and Clawlitzer.
- Mega Man X3 has Crush Crawfish, who can use his pincers like scissors. His regular attack has him rushing to X, and if he manages to catch him, he'll repeatedly pinch X with them, dealing heavy damage. Subverted by Bubble Crab, who doesn't normally have pincers and only creates a pair of laser ones in a jumping attack.
- Mega Man Star Force has Cancer Bubble.
- Bloodlust from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, which is part machete, part pincer.
- In Sengoku Basara, one of Goto Matabe's moves involves using his Precision-Guided Boomerang like a pincer by trapping an enemy between the blades and crushing them with it as slowly and torturously as possible.
- Skeleton Prime from Terraria has the Prime Vice arm, a melee arm with a pincer that tries to make contact with the player and deals very heavy damage should it succeed.
- Torbjörn from Overwatch has a large red claw in lieu of a left arm.
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (1983): Clawful
- Clamps of the Robot Mafia from Futurama's main weapon is his clamp hands.
Clamps: Scuttle on home. This ain't none of your business, Slick.Dr. Zoidberg: My name isn't "Slick". It's Zoidberg. John fucking Zoidberg!
- Chrome Claw, Dr. Blowhole's Giant Mook has a large claw made of chrome in The Penguins of Madagascar.
- Seen on Rampage, whose beast form is a crab, in Transformers Beast Wars.
- Also seen on Scorponok, Squeezeplay, and Pincher in Generation 1.
- Jonny Quest episode "Pirates From Below". The Underwater Prober has waldoes with large pincers on the ends. Near the end Dr. Quest uses them to crush one-man submarines attacking the Prober.
- In Spiral Zone, the Black Widows' Snapper Claws backpack has "bionic claws" that "give the wearer power to bash through walls and doors, stun the victim with energy bolts and then grab them."
- Sonic Boom: Burn Bot's primary offense is a pair of sharp metal pincers, which are strong enough to slice through the Tornado's wing.