: Also known around other places on the internet simply as "Bisected". A British former student born in Leicestershire grew up near or in Wales. Hobbies include: Gaming (mainly of the computer and video variety, occasionally D&D), Drawing (Manga, isometric and pixel art), Computers (in general)Cosplay and Baking.
I have both a cosplay.com
and deviantART account
If you want to see the namespace that saves me, here's my Tropeeeeeer Waaaaaaaalllll~!
open/close all folders
My ego finally won out;
Articles launched by Bisected 8 (If you make an edit on these, I'll probably be scrutinising it)
- All Psychology Is Freudian - The idea that only Freudian psychology appears in media.
- Archaeological Arms Race - Fighting a war while racing to dig your weapons out of the wreckage.
- Avenging the Villain - A loved one of the villain appears to take on the heroes after the villain's defeat.
- Author Catchphrase - A phrase, character type, etc that an author keeps using throughout their work.
- Bodyguarding A Badass - Someone is assigned to protect a much more powerful character.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Parody - A Whole Plot Reference to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (either one of the films or Roald Dahl's book)
- Class Clown - That one kid who always has to be the centre of attention in school.
- Clone by Conversion - Creating a copy of someone by transforming somebody else into them.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder - They might be funny to you, but someone's got to keep an eye on them.
- Constrained Writing - When a writer (or similar creative mind) sets themselves some sort of limit to follow.
- Contagious Cassandra Truth - Someone finally convinces someone else of their Cassandra Truth...and nobody believes them either.
- Cool Teacher - A teacher...who is cool.
- Cooperation Gambit - Making a fair, short term deal with your enemy.
- Coup de Grâce Cutscene - When a video game boss' defeat is followed by a cutscene of the Player Character giving the finishing blow.
- Death of Personality - A person is killed by losing what makes them "them", rather than physically dying.
- Delayed Narrator Introduction - The narrator is introduced as a character part way through and points themselves out.
- UsefulNotes.Digital Distribution - A guide to electronic media being sold via downloads.
- Disability Immunity - Not being harmed by something (as opposed to being superhuman) because of a disability.
- Disguised Hostage Gambit - Disguising someone you've taken hostage to trick their own allies into attacking them.
- Dying Declaration of Love - Renamed it from Going Down with the Ship to free up the title for another trope.*
- Enhanced Archaic Weapon - Supertrope for chainswords, lightsabres, rocket powered hammers, etc
- Equipment-Based Progression - Getting more powerful in a video game by getting better weapons rather than Experience Points.
- Evil Luddite - A Well-Intentioned Extremist who's decided technology (and everyone who uses it) is evil.
- Expose the Villain, Get His Job - Your reward for defeating the villain is the job he held.Launched by...
- Exposition Diagram - The audience (and possibly the characters) have things explained to them with a handy diagram.
- Game Over note - Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Going Down with the Ship * - A Captain must go down with his ship as it sinks (or at least be the last one off).
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves - Long sleeves. Basically a YKTTW that I and a couple of other tropers salavaged, rather than one I started myself.
- Hollywood Game Design - The ways in which the process of making games is portrayed.
- I Don't Know Mortal Kombat - Someone who's good at something failing miserably at a simulation of it.
- Improbable Use of a Weapon - Using an actual weapon wrongly (not to be confused with Improbable Weapon User).
- Lady Legionnaire Wear - Segmented skirts show that a female character means business.
- Large Ham Title - A title someone frequently has appended to their name.
- Living Weapon - A weapon...that is alive. Eventually split into;
- Lower-Class Lout - The less well off counterpart to Upper-Class Twit
- "Marathon Man" Now renamed Plot Powered Stamina - Sleep is for the
- Manual Leader, AI Party - When the player in a game controls one character and has a Player Party of AI controlled allies.
- Mugging the Monster (My personal favorite) - When a low level crook tries to rob someone more powerful than they expected.
- Multiple Reference Pun - A pun which references several different things at once.
- Mutual Disadvantage - When two sides in a fight or battle can't get an advantage over each other, meaning its either drawn out or could go either way.
- Mysterious Backer - Does the job of a Big Good without any of the benevolence.
- Natural Weapon - Weapons which the user is born with.
- The Nicknamer - A character who enjoys handing out nicknames.
- No Scope - Killing someone with a long range weapon (typically a Sniper Rifle) without using the attached scope.
- Not Rare Over There - You find someone who has what you've been searching for...and they're amazed you want something so trivial.
- Obsolete Mentor - A mentor of a character who hasn't kept up with the times.
- Online Alias - Usernames as they appear in fiction.
- Opposed Mentors - The hero has two mentors...and they both have very different plans for them.
- Our Robots are Non-standard note - The ways in which robots vary from work to work.
- Passive Rescue - Saving someone from captivity by giving them the means to escape rather than just breaking them out.
- Phlebotinum Muncher - A creature which needs to eat whatever substance drives the plot to survive.
- Police Brutality Gambit - Pretending the cops beat you up to force them to let you go.
- Randomly Generated Loot - Loot in games has random stats and effects.
- Restrained Revenge - "Forgiving" someone by taking a token lesser revenge rather than just letting them off the hook.
- Retro Upgrade - A new advancement gives obsolete technology a new lease of life.
- Reviving Enemy - An enemy in a video game which can't be defeated perminantly (at least without exploiting some sort of weakness).
- Roaming Enemy - An enemy in a video game which in some way travels the in-game world.
- Scary Flashlight Face - Chin + Torch -[Upwards]-> TERROR!
- Sealed Cast in a Multipack - When the heroes and/or villains are all sealed away seperatly and have to be recovered.
- Series Mascot - A mascot of a given series of games, films etc or a company which produces them.
- Standard RPG Items - The items you get in every RPG worth its salt.
- Starter Equipment - The equipment you begin the game with.
- Sticky Fingers (rewrite, with The Kleptomaniac added as an alt title) - Someone who can't help but steal things.
- The Team Benefactor - The member of the team who picks up the cheque.
- Time-Delayed Death - When someone is killed by an earlier injury.
- Translate the Loanwords Too - A translater fails to recognise a word isn't like the others....
- The TV Tropes Cast List - A list of characters used on trope pages.
- Unintentionally Notorious Crime - A criminal gets away with their crime but draws unwanted attention in the process.
- Unknown Character - Someone who moves the plot along without ever being shown.
- Utility Weapon - A weapon which is used to bypass obsticles as well as kill enemies.
- Weapon Jr. - "Baby" versions of a weapon weilded by a younger version of a character or someone training for the same position.
- We Have Those Too - When someone assumes another culture doesn't have something that they do.
- Weirdness Search and Rescue - Someone who shows up to help a stranded character find their way home.
- You Have to Burn the Web - Burning away spider webs.
Tropes that apply to Bisected 8 go here
Please explain why you think they apply, even if it's obvious
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Applies mostly because of the ammount of attention and detail he gives when answering the stupidest questions. - teraus
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience/Good Colors, Evil Colors - Averted, I mostly wear dark blues but I certainly don't have any water related powers, I'm not (very) evil or heroic.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef - Gasp in awe at the power of the cake pie!
- Cosplay: O RLY? —Belfagor
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Or guy. mellochan42
- Crazy Awesome- Mr W
- The Ditz - Open Delilah OS
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: If that's you in the cosplay - lolacat
- Eldritch Abomination: Everybody on this wiki is. ~mellochan42
- Food Porn: Thankfully not of the literal type. Still, mmmmmmmmm... —Tre
- Game Breaker: You just are one - Balmung
- Geek: I mean, computers, cosplay, and robots? Plus, it's Tv Tropes. ~skyflower
- G.I.R.L.: That Cosplay is misleading. ~Dhana Ragnarok
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: Specifically, they make you look more like the Disgaea Thief. - Completely Normal Guy
- A God Am I:Your signature suggests this...-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Homemade Inventions - One of my hobbies is BEAM Robotics (which I added to the example list, incidentally).
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: If all ze other tropes in this pages are accurate, then this one DEFINITELY applies. ~V Phantom
- Loads and Loads of Things for There to be Loads and Loads of. Seriously. What a page! - Inverurie Jones
- Large Ham - A side affect of prolonged TV Tropes usage. ~Rockonman
- Mad Scientist- You build robots. thespacephantom
- Memetic Badass: He will destroy you, and then cook your remains into something delicious! -Mokona Zero
- Mondegreen: Possibly the best darn mondegreener we have in our movie sessions. That's not even a word is it? Oh well. ~Prometheus136
- Must Have Caffeine- Earl of Sandvich
- The Mario- Earl of Sandvich
- Troperiffic-Come on, look at your page.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot- So you're a manga, video game fan, programmer, cosplayer, model building baker? Yes.
- Otaku- Well, since you are into cosplay, it's kind of a given. Though, this isn't an insult, and you aren't creepy, like those nerds who lock themselves in closets, while neglecting their needs as human beings. eternal Noob
- Lawful Neutral- eternal Noob
- Neutral Good/True Neutral - How I see myself anyway.
- Pyromaniac - The "likes starting fires" variation. I know a bit about incendries and explosives (only a few recipes mind you).
- Real Men Wear Pink - I enjoy baking and cosplay. I don't wear the pink on the grounds that I dislike the colour anyway though.
- Running Gag: The "Woob! Woob! Woob! Woob! Woob!" thing on Synchtube. - Physical Stamina
- Supreme Chef: So admittedly I haven't eaten any of the stuff you've baked, but it looks delicious. - Completely Normal Guy
- Sweet Tooth - /@lolacat
- Tv Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: C'mon this has to be the case. -Mokona Zero
- I'm perfectly capable of ruining my own life, I'll have you know.
- Viewer Gender Confusion - My avatars have got me mistaken for a girl.
- What Happened to the Mouse? - Haven't seen you around as much lately. ~Enzeru
- White-Haired Pretty Boy -Vanishing Reality
- Wholesome Crossdresser- You can dress as a girl...and a pretty one at that...
- You are very British. Duh. ~Rockonman
Works Enjoyed by Bisected