Playing With: Delayed Narrator Introduction
: The narrator is introduced as a character when they enter the story itself.
- Straight: Bob and Alice's quest is narrated by the Big Good Claire (who the audience might assume is just a simple disembodied voice). When they reach Claire's castle, she says "And this is when they finally made it to the doorstep of my home, to speak to me; Claire the Wise."
- Exaggerated: Claire constantly appears in the background and points herself out every time.
- Downplayed: Claire introduces her at the start and she only appears in the scene at her castle for about 5 minutes. Otherwise she's a straightforward disembodied narrator.
- Justified: The narration is being read from a book Claire wrote as her memoirs (including the events leading up to her introduction to give the story some context).
- Inverted: When Clare appears as a character in the story, she explains who the narrator is; Danial, God of Exposition and Storytelling.
- Subverted: Claire is an unreliable narrator; she's really Alice.
- Double Subverted: Claire turns out to be Alice, who's come back in time, been captured by the Big Bad and is telling the story to explain why he's destined to lose when Alice and Bob burst in right about...now!
- Parodied: Claire can be heard by the cast. When she turns up Alice and Bob say how nice it is to meet her face to face at last.
- Zig Zagged: Claire appears a few times before she points herself out in the narration.
- Averted: The narrator never appears in the story (if there is a narrator at all).
- Enforced: Claire is played by a famous actress and proved to be a One-Scene Wonder with test audiences, so they had her do the narration as well.
- Lampshaded: "And there I am. Oh, right, I forgot to mention I was in this story as well, didn't I? Sorry..."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Claire's actress secured the role of the narrator to ensure her character would survive for a sequel.
- Defied: The narrator opens with; "This tale took place long ago, before I was even born in fact, so I haven't seen it first hand and I can't attest to how true it is..."
- Discussed: "Who am I? Well we'll come to that when I appear..."
- Conversed: "I bet the narrator's going to appear and be the Queen or something later on!"
- Deconstructed: Claire didn't admit who she was at first because Fridge Logic would indicate that the only evidence the Big Bad is anything but a Designated Villain was her.
- Reconstructed: The narration admits this and offers some harder evidence.
- Played For Laughs: Claire's narration is extremely unflattering in regards to Alice. When she turns up, it's clear she has a crush on Bob.
- Played For Drama: Claire admits that things took a turn for the worst when she showed up. Ominous music plays whenever she might be about to be introduced.
And finally, here I am; back on Delayed Narrator Introduction