: The protagonist finally convinces someone of a Cassandra Truth
, but they end up in the same position.
- Straight: Alice convinces Bob that demonic robots exist when he finds her fighting a group of them off. However, Bob can't convince anybody else.
- Exaggerated: Alice suffers from amnesia after taking a blow to the head in the battle, meaning that even she won't believe Bob now.
- Downplayed: After Alice convinces Bob, he shows up later to help and mentions off hand that he couldn't get many of his superiors to take him seriously.
- While Bob was convinced by first hand evidence, he and Alice still haven't got any to show anyone else.
- Bob is really bad at convincing people he's telling the truth, and he sounds as crazy or crazier than Alice when he tries.
- Inverted: Alice manages to convince everyone but Bob (who has the authority to do something about it).
- Subverted: While no one believes him, Bob's still in charge. He's able to order some subordinates to help Alice find proof.
- Double Subverted: Said subordinates decide that Bob's gone crazy and he's relieved of his position.
- Parodied: Every piece of evidence Bob finds to back Alice up is rejected or ruined no matter how effective it should be.
- Zig Zagged: Some people believe Bob, other people think he's as crazy as Alice.
- Averted: After being convinced, Bob has the matter quietly investigated until he can find enough proof.
- Enforced: If convincing Bob convinced everybody the plot would be over far too quickly.
- Lampshaded: "...is this what it's been like to deal with me all this time?"
- Invoked: The Mole arranges for Bob to find out the truth so that he'll be discredited and replaced with someone who'll be more hostile towards Alice.
- Exploited: The Big Bad attacks Alice in front of Bob knowing that he won't be able to convince anyone else anyway.
- Defied: As soon as the robo-demons burst into his office, Bob pulls out his camera and some evidence bags. He gathers as much evidence of the attack as possible for later.
- Discussed: "OK, I'm convinced. I'll inform the council." "Don't bother, they won't believe you."
- Conversed: "So Bob's finally worked it out? I bet everyone'll just think he's crazy!"
Click here to return to Contagious Cassandra Truth