: A diagram is used to help explain something to the audience.
- Straight: Bob shows Alice (and the audience) a diagram to explain how Pyrotes can easily defeat Plantbots but not Cryojas.
- Exaggerated: Bob pulls a projector, screen, PC and a USB pen with a 25 slide powerpoint presentation out of nowhere and somehow dims the lights to explain the ways the Mana Elements interact.
- Downplayed: Bob explains during the battle, giving the audience some visual examples of what he's saying without any actual diagrams.
- Inverted: Bob explains the Phlebotinum to Alice. Its all Technobabble and the audience can't see the diagrams.
- Subverted: Alice the Cryoja stumbles upon Plantbot Bob suffering a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown at the hands of Carol the Pyrote. After saving him, Bob tries to explain why he couldn't fight him off without Alice's help, but he left his diagrams at home.
- Double Subverted: ...so he draws some on the spot.
- Parodied: Alice gets confused, asking Bob why he was carrying the diagrams around.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob just says to Alice "Pyrotes' fire based abilities overheat and burn Plantbots, Plantbots are better off when they're cooled down by Cryojas and Cryojas can freeze Pyrotes." without using any diagrams.
- Enforced: The writers want to explain the elements of their fictional universe as quickly as possible so that they can get on with the plot.
- Lampshaded: "How did you draw those so quickly?" "There's a trick to it."
- Invoked: Bob learns to draw as quickly as possible so he can provide diagrams with his exposition.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Bob, leave those diagrams at home. You'll need all the water you can carry to cross the desert."
- Discussed: "Hang on, this'll be easier to explain if I draw you a diagram."
- Conversed: "I wonder where Bob got those diagrams from."
- Deconstructed: Bob nearly dies of dehydration in the desert since he brought his diagrams with him instead of water.
- Reconstructed: Luckily he bumps into Alice and is able to use them to explain why, as a Plantbot, he needs to be cooled down immediately.
- Played For Laughs: In the middle of a battle, Alice forgets how Plantbots work and Bob pulls out his slides. The Plantbots obligingly wait for him to give his lecture before attacking.
- Played For Drama: The diagrams are used to show the seriousness of the situation. Bob has to cross this much more desert, and will die if he doesn't find this much water.
Here, let me show you what Exposition Diagram