: The player controls one member of the Player Party
while the rest are controlled by AI.
- Straight: The player controls Alice, while Bob and Claire are controlled by the CPU.
- Exaggerated: There are entire sections where Alice is controlled by the AI too, essentially making them unscripted cutscenes.
- Downplayed: The player has the option of letting the AI control Bob and Claire or commanding them manually.
- Justified: The player is a "guardian spirit" guiding Alice and only Alice. The other party members are doing their own thing.
- Inverted: Bob and Claire are controlled by the player, but Alice is controlled by the CPU.
- Subverted: Initially the CPU controls Bob and Claire, but Alice angrily tells them to listen to her and they follow the player's commands from then on.
- Double Subverted: The game has a "loyalty" mechanic. If Bob and Claire get angry with Alice then they'll go back to being AI controlled.
- Parodied: Alice expects her guardian spirit to command Bob and Claire too when they join her party. They find the idea odd (and a little creepy).
- Zig Zagged: Some members of the party are AI controlled, others are not.
- All characters are controlled by the player.
- Alice is the only character in the game.
- The game is a tech demo to show off a new AI system.
- The combat is real time, but the player has a large party. AI control for most of the members is the only option.
- Lampshaded: "Why would we just wait around for orders? We know how to do what we do better than you do."
- Invoked: Alice tells Bob and Claire to do their own thing, since they trained together and probably know their own abilities better than she does.
- Exploited: One boss declares he knows how Bob and Claire's AI works and exploits it.
- Defied: Bob and Claire insist on being told what to do.
- Discussed: "So...what do you want us to do, Alice?" "Just fight. You know how, right?"
- Conversed: "Don't you need to tell the rest of the party what to do?" "Nope, they're controlled by the AI." "Oh my, games have come a long way since my day..."
- Implied: Not applicable. (This trope can only be shown.)
- Played For Laughs: While the player is controlling Alice, Bob and Claire do silly stunts in the background.
Click here to go back to Manual Leader, AI Party
, we'll follow.