- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: The original 1964 book.
- Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator: The 1972 sequel book. It has never been adapted into a film due to Dahl's wishes, though it was adapted into a play.
- Charlie in the White House: An unreleased third book. Dahl died partway through writing it. Only one chapter was ever finished.
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory: The first film from 1971. It's by far the most iconic adaptation of the book and is even more famous than the source. Dahl hated it and the film bombed at the box office, however it later became a classic due to television reruns and home releases.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: The 2005 reboot. It's Truer to the Text than the 70s musical, however it also features Adaptation Expansion in terms of Wonka's character.
- This troper was in a UK radio adaptation in the early 1980s, but despite years of searching have failed to find any evidence it ever happened other than the song sheets I kept.
- The Golden Ticket: A 2010 opera based on the book.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: A 2013 musical based on the book.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: A platformer based on the 2005 film released on Nintendo Gamecube, Playstation 2, and Xbox.
- Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory: An animated film based on the 1971 adaptation. Crosses over with Tom and Jerry.