: When someone is forcefully turned into a villain somehow.
- Straight: Bob is brainwashed by Alice the Annihilator, turning him against his friends.
- Exaggerated: Alice uses her evilfier ray to turn Bob into an Annihilatron. He immediately becomes a Nietzsche Wannabe and betrays his friends to join her. He spreads his condition whenever he can.
- Downplayed: After being converted into a Hollywood Cyborg with Annihilatron parts, Fantastic Racism pushes Bob towards making a Heel-Face Turn.
- Justified: Alice has the ability to force Annihilatrons to obey her.
- Inverted: Bob uses a happification beam to turn Alice into Alice the Aider and she joins his True Companions.
- Subverted: Bob uses his new powers to curb stomp Alice and force her to turn him back.
- Double Subverted: But then he realises he doesn't want to and becomes the new Big Bad with Alice as The Starscream.
- All Alice does is issue him a mook uniform, he doesn't change a bit but everyone (including Alice) is convinced this made him change sides.
- Alice's "Extremely Painful And Undoubtedly Irreversible Transformation" upon Bob consist in making him wear a cheap Halloween's mask. Nerveless, Bob is convinced that he has been transformed into hideous monster, and that the only path for him is to become an emissary of evil. His first malicious act? Not giving a tip to a pizza delivery boy! And his former comrades are horrified by it!
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: No one is transformed or brainwashed in any way.
- Enforced: The writers want a hero to turn evil but they can't show a human being beaten up, so they write the transformation into the plot.
- Lampshaded: "Dammit Bob, you get a fancy new suit of armor and a tail and suddenly you're doing whatever she tells you!?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Alice tries to infect heroes with The Corruption or does them with Psycho Serum, guessing that they'll join her once they become evil enough.
- Defied: Bob has the White Magician Girl give him a Status Buff which protects him from mind control of any sort.
- Discussed: "Wait, why would turning him into a monster help?" "Well, wouldn't he be on her side then?"
- Conversed: "Oh no. Bob's going to be turned into Alice's minion!"
- Deconstructed: Therepies are developed for recently transformed people, reducing the chance that they actually turn evil.
- Reconstructed: Alice's evilfier ray steadily causes its victims to turn evil after they're transformed whether they like it or not.
Return to Face Monster Turn
. This wiki is your family now!