: The villain attacks during a party.
- Straight: Bob is attacked by Alice at his birthday party.
- Exaggerated: While everyone's celebrating Bob's party, Alice's forces begin a full scale invasion of the city.
- Downplayed: A fight breaks out at Bob's party when he has an argument with Alice.
- Justified: The party was the perfect time to attack while everyone was distracted.
- Inverted: Bob prevents Alice from attacking him by going to a public place (namely a large party).
- Alice wasn't attacking; she was in on a surprise everyone set up for Bob.
- Alice creates a minor disturbance while bypassing Bob's party on her way to attack someone else whom Bob cares about.
- Double Subverted: ...which Alice exploited to sneak in her minions.
- Parodied: Alice is initially opposed by a bouncer, who tries to turn her away for lacking an invitation.
- Zig Zagged: Alice turns up to intimidate Bob, but it isn't immediatly clear if it's going to turn into a brawl or she'll leave after making her point.
- Averted: Bob doesn't attend any parties which are at risk of being attacked.
- Enforced: The writers want an excuse to dress everyone up, but the executives still demand a battle of some sort occur.
- Lampshaded: "I sure hope nobody attacks while we're celebrating."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Bob holds a party in order to use himself as bait to lure Alice out into the open.
- Defied: Bob holds his party in a secure location and has the Hero Secret Service keep it that way.
- Discussed: "When are we attacking, Alice?" "As soon as the party begins."
- Conversed: "A party...you know they'll end up fighting while dressed up."
- Deconstructed: Bob is too afraid to celebrate his birthday in case Alice attacks while all his friends and family are in one convenient place.
- Reconstructed: Being brave enough to defy Alice by holding it becomes the defining moment of his struggle against her.
- Played for Laughs: The attack is just one of several disasters that aflict the party.
- Played for Drama: The attack on his party serves as a reminder of how hard it is for Bob to have a normal life.
This playing with entry's getting a bit tense, maybe you should get back to Ballroom Blitz
before- *CRASH* ...too late.