TROPER PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Hello! I'm a female teenage Singaporean troper currently living in Australia. My life has been ruined ever since May 2013. When I'm not obsessively lurking and/or editing pages, I usually frequent the Forum Games (maybe "frequent" isn't the best choice of words here since I'm not that active on the forums). Be warned, I'm really bad at role-playing. Go ahead and vandalise my troper wall if you want to. You can also PM me if you want to talk to me about anything. I'm always up for online human interaction.
Tropes that probably describe me
- Archive Binge: Averted. I suck at these even if it's a work I absolutely love. Being a Ridiculous Procrastinator doesn't help.
- Innocently Insensitive: Preemptively putting that out there. I'm sorry if I've offended you or anything.
- Kiddie Kid: Why yes, most of my interests are rather childish, I'm very emotionally immature and I can pass for a pregnant 40 year old.
- Lazy Bum: Is NEET a legitimate profession? Don't tell my parents.
- Nice Guy: Ok. Let's be honest, almost every troper will list themselves as this (me included). Probably because I'm not looking to start trouble or drama in any way on this wiki, and I try to be nice in real life (emphasis on try, because I'm not perfect like most would believe). Civility is a basic human expectation anyway, so if I manage to somehow not meet the rest for the standards required for being a human being, at least I've got that going for me.
- Shrinking Violet: Another reoccurring trope I've noticed with tropers. I guess only nerds like us would love being this website, right? (hurr durr) But okay, so I'm not very good with interacting or forming platonic relationships with anybody. Not even the Internet, which is a network successful for global communication and breaking down such barriers between people, has helped me. It's okay I'm entirely fine with being a Lurker anyway.
- Spoiler Hound: I'm entirely guilty of spoiling myself for entire works because I don't want to go through the trouble of realising that I don't like them. This wiki makes things a lot easier.
Works that I've managed to form an opinion onnoteBeware, Fan Myopia ahead.
open/close all folders
I'm not a weeaboo or an otaku, I can assure you that. It's just that I try too hard to fit into the online community.
- Axis Powers Hetalia
- Black★Rock Shooter: The interesting character designs as well as the fact it was based off a Vocaloid song drew me to watch. I haven't finished it yet, but so far I've been enjoying the ride especially. Having seen the OVA beforehand, I can very much say that I prefer the anime probably because of a few reasons: the characters are fleshed out more in a way that makes sense to me, there's a tight-knit story going on (though admittedly it doesn't explore much of its world), the opening is the actual "Black Rock Shooter" song which uses V3 Miku instead of the original V2, and Mari Okada's style of screenwriting fits for such a dramatic work. Its usage of CGI is one of the most impressive I've seen for anime and the fight scenes are well-choreographed. I definitely plan on finishing it.
- Flip Flappers: This anime is subjectively the best of Winter 2016 and I've wanted to like it but I just can't bring myself to do so. Granted, I've always wanted to watch a magical girl show, but it definitely isn't the typical magical girl show. The visuals are amazing, I'm intrigued by the dream-like structure and fairytale
- Haiyore! Nyarko-san: I was somehow disappointed by it? I knew what type of show it was since I read the trope page before watching it but I still got turned off by the sexual harassment that frequently used as comedy, the references that would have appealed to its target audience flew over my head
- Kiss Him, Not Me: Picked this up during Winter 2016. I was prepared to n
- Magical Girl Raising Project
- Metal Fight Beyblade: That's right, this is my first anime. Not Pokemon or Naruto. It's incredibly cliche like most kiddie shounens, the MC is a Marty Stu, several characters are quite under-developed or under-utilised, and The Worf Effect was so blatantly abused but it was the most awesome thing my 11 year old self had ever seen. I've even bought some of the spinning tops and played with them against my male relatives. I'd tried watching the original Beyblade but those characters didn't appeal to me as much. It's kinda a shame to see that the final season as well as the following season Beyblade Zero Gnote got screwed so badly since there was a goldmine of potential there. But yeah, it still holds a special place in my heart.
Films - Animated
Sorry, I don't play that many video games. Never had the chance to play nor have any interest in playing them. Thus many of the works listed here are cases of Enjoy the Story, Skip the Game.
THIS IS MY REALM NOW MUAHAHA
- Let's Play: Usually my go-to solution whenever I want to watch someone play a game that I know I won't be able to play. I don't watch a large variety of LP'rs, and even then it's the more famous ones like Let's Play/Markiplier or JackSepticEye (and they're the only two that I'm currently following right now). When I was younger, I used to watch Minecraft Youtubers like Sky Does Minecraft but I dropped them when I grew out of Minecraft as well.
- Memes. You like them too, don't you?
- BoBoiBoy: Possibly the most Animesque thing to ever come out of Malaysia. The side characters are boring but the main character and his rival are interesting. The villian and his lackey is so incompetent that I love them.
- Upin & Ipin: Sure, you can make the argument that it's too Malay Muslim-centric. And flawed it may be, it's still a part of my childhood and cultural identity. I think I liked the movie the best.
I don't follow many animated shows. Watching TV isn't a habit in my family, especially since everything's online now. While I've watched a few episodes of shows like, let's say for example The Amazing World of Gumball, I've never seen the entire thing. So I'm not completely familiar with story-based shows like Avatar: The Last Airbenderand Gravity Falls even though they're
- Oggy and the Cockroaches: Yeah, I watched this show, especially since it kept showing on Disney Channel. Let me say that I've never had this much hatred for cartoon cockroaches before. It's a more infuriating version of Tom and Jerry where Jerry always wins and Tom is more justified in his actions.
- My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: This was the show that led me to this wikinote . Heck, my first avatar was of Pirate Rainbow Dash. I remember watching Season 1 and 2, and then following the release of Season 3 (which I still hold the belief that it wasn't that bad) and Equestria Girls. I also followed Equestria Daily during the off-season and proudly called myself a brony as a way of reclaiming it from its negative connotations. However, I slowly began drifting away from it during Season 4 (see Ridiculous Procrastinator above for the reason why)
- Ninjago: Another series that I need catching up on since I've only seen Season 1 and 2. It first surprised me with how cheesily engaging it was for a LEGO series. It's kinda funny how much I grew to love characters when I find myself taking issue with The LEGO Movienote 's portrayal of the Green Ninja, especially since he's become my favourite character.
- South Park: One of the few works I did manage to binge, though I've skipped over quite a few episodes and only stopped at, like, middle of season 18? Regarding recent events, it might be worth taking a look at again.
Give me a break, I don't get air my opinions very often. You can tell from reading my troper page that I'm a judgemental freak.
Tropes that I also have an opinion on