|Format(s):||French, Caucasian, Male|
He With The Poultry Hat: An introduction to the madman known as RagnarokHello!. My name is Dhana Ragnarok. You reached my Troper Page. Prepare to be disturbed. Eeyup, the Creepy Good troper that has been basically non-existent for... 3 years, I guess? is baaack! Probably. Dhana Ragnarok, Georges, Raptor Jesus... ol'Dharling is now 24 years old, with an actual job (in business intelligence!) and a salary and responsibilities and ohmygodwhatiswrongwithyoupeople?! Contrary to popular rumors* I was not spontaneously created from a massive servers shutdown. Or a satanic ritual. Or Yog-sothoth. I just came here because I was looking for a cheap way to keep my minds occupied. Cheaper than smoking linoleum or licking rare Amazonian frogs, anyway. Or The Legend Of Koizumi. ...Now to see how long I'll manage to stay this time ^^'
open/close all folders
Troperiffic insights on the specimen
- Adult Child / Psychotic Manchild: See that inner child? He has a show all of his own. Inside my head. And it has been running a non-stop marathon for the last seven years.
- Angst? What Angst?: To the point I realized only recently that my Start of Madness was a...particular event that happened back in 2002. You would have thought 3 years of weekly visits to a psychanalist would have helped more. Which leaves me contemplating one thing: just how worse could have I been?
- Appeal to Obscurity: To put it plainly, my kind of crazy isn't most people's.
- Arc Words: Ḍ̾i̛̪̩̩̻̓̚s̛̟t͙̱͙̝͕̻̖̎ͧ̌͐̊̎̽u̪̬͌̎ͣ̇r̺̹̓͑b̷̒̄ͧ̓̐ï̩͖ͤ̈͢n҉̬̮̰͕g̙ͦ̇ͤ̂̈́ͤ.
- Attent- Oh! A pony!
- Berserk Button: Any kind of heinous act that doesn't fall straight into Black Comedy. Just know that once it is pushed, I don't snap - "snapping" implies some form of resistance - I unhinge. Keep reading. Then pause, and remember: this is me at my sanest.
- Don't call me boring, either. It won't get me angry, but I'll take it as a challenge. See below to see why it is a bad idea.
- Beware the Nice Ones: A guy once told me, a few months into the schoolyear, that he wouldn't partner with me in our Latin course because I was "too boring and timid". He dropped Latin the following year specifically because I freaked him out with my Manic Pixie Nightmare Guy ways.
- Book Worm: Mostly with fanfiction, nowadays. Lots of fanfiction. I spent the majority of my last two years of education picking and reading fanfiction on either my tablet or computer, and still read some on my phone when I'm taking a break at work.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Knowledgeable. Savvy. Dependable. Known for having extensive discussions with pieces of furniture. Which wouldn't be to worrying if they didn't answer back.
- Buffy Speak: When I don't remember the word-thingie, I can get quite imaginative. Saying Sound Effects Out Loud might be involved.
- Camp Straight: At times. Especially when it comes to effeminate hand/arm positions.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: I'm told I pull them off pretty well.
- Collector of the Strange: I have this compulsive need to buy weird stuff. Like dehydrated underwear (Just add water!). Or an Otamatone. Or my now-infamous Poultry Hat.
- The same applies to my avatar gallery (feel free to ask for anything, btw).
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: If you really get on my nerves, I'll fix a Cheshire Cat Grin to my face and stare at you. And stare. And stare. And STARE.
- Covert Pervert: I CRUSH ON EVERYTHING THAT CAN BE LISTED AS SENTIENT AND FEMALE. PHYSICAL OR FACTUAL EXISTENCE ISN'T NEEDED.
In case my avatar gallery didn't make this clear already, I'm kind of a xenophile. Among other things.
- Creepy Good / Heroic Comedic Sociopath: I̡̫͔̖̣̝ͣ̃ͯn͇̠̎͋̿ͥ́̚d̮͕̹̑̾ê̜̘͖̄ẻ̟̝̤̝̊ͧͥ͆ͭ͛ḓ̨̟̺̥̖͗
- Crosses the Line Twice: I'm not merely crossing it. I'm using it as a jumprope. Ask Moetler.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: I swear it made sense in context. For a certain definition of "sense".
Il a enchaîné; les huîtres avant de trouver la perle.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Determined Defeatist: My mindset in most things. Thanks to a mixture of Heroic Self-Deprecation and sheer dumb luck, it usually ends up better than expected.
- Ditzy Genius
- Drama Queen
- Elective Mute: I don't speak much, especially in a group - at least until I have something interesting to say, in which case...
- Escapism / Longing for Fictionland / Desperately Looking For Monsters To Slay And Crazy Friends To Make
- For Happiness: My motto - So long as nobody's hurt, why shouldn't you do the thing? Professor Elemental said it best:
♫ Celebrate your oddities, your work, your sexuality! Celebrate your urges. Celebrate humanity. Celebrate your fetishes. My message is clear: there's no such thing as normal, everybody's weird! Celebrate your oddities, your art, your own insanity! Celebrate your birth. Celebrate humanity. Celebrate your everything and let me be clear: there's no such thing as normal, everybody's weird! ♪
- French Jerk: Averted - I least I hope so.
- Friend to All Living Things: Except pandas. These things don't even need us to go extinct.
- Gi RL: Unintentionally - I didn't think people might think "Dhana" was a female name.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation / Socially-Awkward Hero: I don't like myself very much. Yet, I wouldn't want to be anyone else. There's something genuinely Adorkable with this ol'carcass.
- Humanoid Abomination: M͉̭͎̰ͧ̒ͭ̿a̳̟̹͈̪̰ͭͩ̿͜y̎̆̒̂͆̌͏̤̦͍̯̥̹̻b̙̖̝̥͙͓e͚̞̣̳̦̓̽ͯ̐.̦
- Iron Woobie: It's not quite Dark and Troubled Past
- Jerkass with a Heart of Gold : Not quite jerkass at all, really, but I certainly love my sarcasm and can be quite grumpy. Then again, I'm probably worse to myself than to anyone else, and I'm a Good Samaritan at heart.
- Knight in Sour Armor: with the occasional spout of Honor Before Reason and Silly Rabbit, Cynicism Is for Losers!.
- Living Forever Is Awesome with the adequate Secondary Powers
- Nothing to worry about, I should really just relax. Lalala~
- Nightmare Face: I can do some pretty unsettling faces - Cheshire Cat Grin, Slasher Smile, Kubrick Stare... They come to me rather naturally.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Amusingly, I generally dislike the Horror genre.
- Noodle Incident: Lived through many of them. It appears to be a family tradition, as my dad has plenty to tell, too.
- Occidental Otaku: And how!
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Pyromaniac: I do like staring at a chimney fire... Or any (controlled) fire, really.
- Refuge in Audacity To the Max!
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: I feel guilty for it, though. Usually.
- Say It with Hearts: Because on the internet, I can't say it with a Cheshire Cat Grin.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Back in the days, "Putain de bordel de merde!"en was almost my Catch-Phrase. I use it a lot less nowadays, but I still tend to embellish my speech with a wide array of Flowery Insults and Gosh Dangit To Heck material. Or plain bloody insults.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: Silly Rabbit, Cynicism Is for Losers!...But sometimes, This Loser Is You, don'tcha know?
- Sugar and Ice Personality.
- Sweet Tooth.Not related to the previous trope. Though I guess a gift of chocolate wouldn't hurt.
- Technical Pacifist : Violence is not the answer.
- The Nicknamer: If I just met you, you're now officially dubbed Roger. And no matter your gender, you can be nicknamed anything - Big Berta, Meatbag, Airhead, Princess...
- The Wonka
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With my best friends. Mostly. Although I somehow manage to make it work with people I barely know, on occasion.
- Weirdness Magnet: To be fair, I'm the source of most of it - the rest flocks around like stars caught in a black hole.
"Non mais sans déconner! / Non, sans déconner!"en
"BEST — EVER!"
*groans*"J'ai TELLEMENT envie d'mourir!"en
Usually followed by "Quelqu'un peut me suicider, s'il vous plait?"en
Mentions of licking frogs or battery acid.
♥ Dhana's Herd ♥
Because, honestly, a folder named "Dhana's Harem" would stay empty for a few sidereal years. And "Dhana's friends" sounded awfully plain. And then I thought: Plain => Ponies => Herd => OH DHANA YOU ARE BEING A GENIUS AGAIN. So, feel free to send me a PM to be added to our little group. I'm not going to hurt anypony, I swear. :D
- Dhana's 127 alternate personalities, tulpae and imaginary friends. And then they wonder why we giggle out of nowhere.
- Mokona Zero note
- Nerd Bird note
- V Phantom note
- You are who you choose to be! I'm perfectly fine with having a mongoose among us - I mean, as a Yeti, I'm closer to a Minotaur than to a pony xD ~Georges
- Boxen note
- Alma note
- TopographicOcean note
♥ For Wannabe Stalkers (ﾟДﾟщ) ♥
You wonder where you'll find me outside of TV Tropes? Well, now you'll know what sites and users avoid like plague! Ain't that grand?
Stuff I like? Darling, I don't "like", I OBSESS!
♥ Favorite humanoïds. And a dog. ♥
- Alexandre Astier
- Quote pending...
- Boris Vian
- "It is a true story, for I thought it up."
- Coluche (a French humorist who, among other things, had a fake gay marriage with Thierry le Luron back when homosexuality was seen as a deviance, created one of the most important French charity ("Les Restos du Coeur") and ran for French presidency - and would probably have won.)
- "What we know is that, everyday, 30 000 people don't have anything to eat - and they say that like it's a number, and when we ask them what they'll do, they answer: "We don't know". Well, we do, and we're doing it."
- David Tennant (The living proof you can realize your dreams)
- "I don't want to go."
- Freddie Mercury
- "What will I be doing in twenty years' time? I'll be dead, darling! Are you crazy?"
- Jack Churchill
- "Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly armed."
- Jean-Jacques Goldmann
- "We never know what’s in each other’s mind, / Hidden behind appearances. / The soul of a brave, or a collaborator, or an executioner? / Or something better, or worse? / Would we be among those who resist, / or with the sheep in the flock / If more than words were needed?" (Né en 17 à Leidenstadt)
- John Paul II
- "What we talked about will have to remain a secret between him and me. I spoke to him as a brother whom I have pardoned and who has my complete trust." (About the discussion he had with the man who shot him.)
- John de Lancie
- "And all the clopping!~"
- John Sprocket
- "Life ain't nothing but a carnival / And I wanna go on every ride!" (Life's a carnival)
- "Woof." (What did you expect? It's a dog.)
- Lauren Faust
- "The belief that boys shouldn't be interested in girl things is the main reason there's hardly anything decent for girls in animation— or almost any media, for that matter. It's a backwards, sexist, outdated attitude."
- Maywa Denki◊ (Center)
- Michael Jackson
- "Why can't you share your bed? The most loving thing to do is to share your bed with someone. It's very charming. It's very sweet. It's what the whole world should do."
- Mister Rogers
- Nikola Tesla
- "Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
- Norio Wakamoto
- "This isn't over, the big one is yet to come, but I am ready to give my soul for the people."
- Simo Häyhä a.k.a. White Death
- Simon Pegg
- “Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating.”
- Stephen Hawking
- "Nothing cannot exist forever."
- Tara Strong
- Dragon: "Tara, you are so talented with all those voices you do."Tara: "Yes, yes I am, aren’t I?" (Phoning to a disabled fan after she had to cancel her appearance to a convention.)
- Tom Lehrer
- "Well-wishers...are constantly suggesting hilarious subject matter, such as the Vietnam War, the gradual destruction of the environment, our recent presidents, etc. so that I have often felt like a resident of Pompeii who has been asked for some humorous comments on lava."
- "Live long and prosper, so say we all / May the Force be with you, May the Time Lords keep you. / Forever, we can Babylon / There's no use debating, / the Stargate's waiting, / So come on let's not fight, / it's so unintellectual. / How 'bout we join sides and be bi-trektual?" (Bitrektual)
- Winston Churchill
- "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
♥ Japaniaiseries ♥
- Assassination Classroom It has been a while since I cried that much...
- Binbougami Ga
- Bleach: Fanfic Heaven
- Fairy Tail
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Great Teacher Onizuka
- Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
- Kaiji Zawa~ Zawa~
- Kill la Kill And let me be, your sun! Be your match to LIGHT! YOUR! HEART! UP!
- The Legend of Black Heaven
- Midori no Hibi
- Monster Musume No Iru Nichijou a.k.a. Daily Life with Monster Girl
- Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku a.k.a. The Legend of Koizumi
- One Piece (I've had quite a few people asking me if I escaped from the Grand Line to the Real World)
- One-Punch Man
- Rosario + Vampire
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Then again, who doesn't?)
- Yotsuba To (Same comment as TTGL, but dripping with even more disbelief.)
- And you'll find more on my Anime-planet profile. Because, first and foremost, I'm a lazy bum.
♥ Wide-screen Thingies ♥
- DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story
- Forrest Gump
- How to Train Your Dragon trilogy
- Inside Out
- Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Men in Black trilogy
- The Green Mile
- The Iron Giant
- The Shawshank Redemption
- Wreck-It Ralph
- Also, pretty much every movie by/with:
♥ Sound-y Thingies ♥
♥ Cartoons ♥
♥ Comics of the Interwebs ♥
- Tropes I started
- Tropes I added examples to
I want to leave a comment about this...
✔Aͤ͑ͮ͆̂̏͟l̞̺̝͓̒̍̚l̃̆ͭͭ̚҉̘͍͔̩ ̳̠͚͈͋̉̑̄͒͘o͍ͩ̇̿̎͞ḟ̓̒ͭ ̼̩̖͓͆ͦ́͋̀͑̀tͫh̢̰̬͕̭̖͇͊̈ͦ͋e҉̬ ͚̼͓̝̟a̞͛͢b̵̰̼̖o͔̩͔͆ͥ͊͊͛ͫ͊́v̙̼̗̬̈́ͩe҉̻̞̟̦