An outlandish yet polite lurker from somewhere around the Internetz that found TV Tropes
some time ago, and he quickly grew to love it. Nobody knows exactly what his deal is, and he likes it that way because of his extreme shyness. (and paranoia)
However, he's also a pretty straightforward and amicable folk, so, if you got any questions for him and/or you just wish to approach him, he will be glad to share some things with you. (not everything, though, because only opens completely to a very limited number of people)
He's also the unofficial guardian of the "Playing With
" Sub-Wiki, which is also one of his favorite sections around TV-Tropes. (It's a great source of ideas and inspiration!) He watches out for both the format/style, as well as for the congruency/ingenuity of the entries.
Around the start of December 2012, he initiated a harrowing self imposed crusade
to bring the Standarized Playing With Wiki Template to each and every single page in it
... And after 2 months, and more than 3,000 pages later
, he has finally achieved it! (It's his personal TV-Tropes' related CMoA, if you will)
...For the most part, because he's sure he missed some entries among that massive hyper-text jumble
... Besides, a guardian's job is never done!
He'll continue to watch out from the shadows... Always helping and editing whenever he can
... Stay tuned, ladies and gentlemen! Ze real mission has only started...
open/close all folders
Tropes that apply to him
This Troper has examples of:
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Subverted to hell and back again! He's virgin, and proud of it! If you got any problem with that, go away! RIGHT! NOW! Because he doesn't care about your moronic opinion! (see below)
- Berserk Button: Has quite a few... But which is the one that ignites him the most?! I'll tell you: Daring to suggest him "You Need to Get Laid". Don't try to push your luck with it... It's not worth it, and you'll only earn a perpetual enemy if you do so.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Half glass of cider is more than enough to make him drunk.
- Celibate Hero : Because romance it's a tactical disadvantage for him. Also complements his other issue.
- Chuck Yeager: He has shades of it, as he's usually pretty composed and cool-headed, even in the face of trouble.
- Cloudcuckoolander: If a "normal" person's "train-of-thought" is a standard locomotive and railroad, then his own is more akin to a jet-powered roller-coaster, that goes up and down when you least expect it... And then it sky rockets into outer-space to jump into a wormhole that divides the cart into multiple units that combine to create a giant robot, that travels beyond the speed of light to fight the evil that lurks between the void among galaxies, because that's the way he rolls, d00d!
...Wait a sec! What was I talking about?!
- Cowardly Lion: What a lot of people THINK he's... To be frank, I highly doubt it, as he has a crippling fear for a LOT of things and situations, and his perceived "bravery" stems from pragmatism most of time, therefor, he's more of a...
- Eloquent In My Native Tongue: Played with. He's actually quite competent while writing/speaking in English, as he has a moderately extensive vocabulary and comprehension of idioms/colloquialisms. Heck! Several native-English speaking teachers have congratulated him for having a better dominion of the language than the average native-English speaker!
HOWEVER, despite that proficiency level, he's nowhere as eloquent in English as he's in his native tongue, in which he's EXTREMELY more verbose, knowledgeable and fluent. Therefor, this trope ends up Played Straight in the end.
- Even the Guys Want Him: He's not even THAT good-looking, but seems to attract the attention of both genders, and maybe those in-between, rather easily... Much to his disgrace.
- Flanderization: His fascination for mechas, specially Super Robots, has grown up exponentially to Memetic Mutation levels, both on-line and off-line.
- Fragile Speedster: He considers himself to be a rather fast guy, but he lacks the stamina and strength to use it on the long term.
- Freaky Fashion, Mild Mind: Unfortunately, he also has some of this... He's trying to defy it, but... Let's just say that there are some reasons that don't allow it right now.
- Freudian Excuse: ...Or something extremely similar to it, for when he needs to explain certain 'issue'.
- Goshdang It To Heck: He'd prefer to not swear if the option in given.
- Precision F-Strike: ...He's not exempt from dropping a curse word from time to time, though, specially as a sign that he's seriously pissed off! I doesn't happen too often, but... You'll see...
- Hidden Depths: And HOW! He doesn't end to know himself.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: In eyes of most people, he's this as he doesn't do drugs, alcohol nor sex, and he doesn't has any interest in them. In practice, he knows he's far from being it... However, he does his best to try to not taint himself.
- Knight in Sour Armor: He might be a terribly jaded, utterly caustic, and extremely pessimistic individual... But GOSH DARN IT! That's NOT an excuse ruin the existence of other people, nor to give up and stop trying to do good! It's constant (and tiring) inner battle, sure, but it's also the right thing to do.
- Lawful Good: Sometime he might claim that Chaotic Neutral is his true alignment, but when the moments of truth arrive, he will always take the Lawful Good route.
- Limited Wardrobe: His biggest fashion dilemma is: Metal T-Shirt and Jeans? Or Jeans and Metal T-Shirt. However, he's trying to defy it nowadays...
- Mistaken for Gay: All the goshdarned time! And unlike what fiction would want you to believe, it doesn't lead to hilarious misunderstandings and wacky high-jinks, but to discrimination, mockery and hatred.note However, this has also helped him to understand a little better the kind of emotional abuse a lot of gay people have to go through, making him a lot more empathetic and tolerant in the process.
- Mister Exposition: He's versed in a considerable amount of miscellaneous topics, so people tend to recur to him when an explanation is needed.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: Thanks to his fascination for Power Metal, people tend to make negative assumptions about him, (even when Power Metal isn't that dark to begin with!) despite being one of the nicest guys around.
- Mr. Imagination: Mostly during his childhood years... Unfortunately, the environment where he had to grow-up has cruel ways to try to kill imagination, so it has been diluted over the years... HOWEVER, he's trying to revive that facet of him!
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: After watching Alien when he was six years old, (and he loved it) he gained certain immunity against Nightmare Fuel; people around him, not so much...
- Properly Paranoid: Oh, hell yeah... It's better to be overly prudent than to face the consequences of not having being careful enough.
- Proud to Be a Geek: No doubt about it.
- Sad Clown: Despite being quite a joker, he can be rather melancholic most of time...
- Stepford Smiler: ...If not borderline suicidal at other times. Depression is no friggin' joke, d00d!
- Scarf of Asskicking: Subverted. He sometimes wears a nice red scarf,note but he's far from being intimidating nor badass.
- Self-Deprecation: The amount of bitterness and vitriol that he harbors is genuinely astronomical; seriously, you DON'T want to be near him when he gets cynical/depressed... It's extremely unpleasant for everyone involved. That's the one thing he hates the most about himself.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Downplayed, but constantly used nonetheless, as this profile might have led you to infer.
- Sex as Rite-of-Passage: Utterly DEFIED! Intercourse isn't only completely unappealing/superfluous to him, but also genuinely detrimental to his hopes and expectations... In fact, I'll tell you a little secret...
- Shrinking Violet: And not particularly proud of it, because his inherent shyness works almost as a crippling disadvantage.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: A really strange case, as he's trapped into a REALLY strange part of the scale. Why? Because he's a consummated cynical (almost at the edge of the scale) with a extremely dark and twisted perception of life and people in general... HOWEVER, the image that he projects to others is that of an overt idealist, and he's genuinely trying (as hard as possible) to invoke Becoming the Mask, and THEN turn into a TRUE idealist.
- Straight Edge: His only vices are sugar and videogames.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: He manages to be both at the same time... Yeah, go figure! However, most of time he alternates between both archetypes depending of who's with him.
- Sweet Tooth: He always has a candy reserve for a reason.
- The Quiet One: In the eyes of almost everyone. Subverted because....
- Trademark Favorite Food: Hamburgers and coffee ice-cream for dessert.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Mayonnaise, which he loathes with burning passion.
- Virginity Makes You Stupid:The unfortunate opinion that more than a few extremely cruel and IDIOTIC mother-fuckers (who think that he's "broken", and as such he must be "fixed") have about him... The truth is, that NOT "thinking" with the genitals has helped him a lot, transforming him into a more logical, prudent and sensitive person, so it's actually an inversion.
BONUS! Tropes that he wishes that applied to him:
- Awesomeness by Analysis: One of the most awesome abilities out there! And the best part? It's actually possible (if extremely difficult) to achieve it in Real Life!
- The Determinator
- The Fettered: A virtuous man must set his own limits in order to guide his path through the treacherous roads of life.
- Knight In Shining Powered Armor: Hey! Dreaming doesn't cost a thing.
- Nice Guy: Don't EVER be deceived, as he's still not a genuinely Nice Guy... But he desperately wants to become one, someday...
- The Reliable One: He'd like to hear people saying "[insert V_Phantom's real name here]? That's a man you can count on!" with complete sincerity and appreciation.
- Super Robot Genre: The world would be a more dangerous place, but it'd also led to a more hopeful and brave future. After all, the Super Robot Genre is NOT just about giant fighting machines, but also about the fortitude and righteousness of those that pilot them, and the noble aspirations of those that build them.
That's why series like Neon Genesis Evangelion are not true Super Robot series, as they're missing that key component in their mix, while more "mundane" settings, like Dai-Guard, are actually TRUE to the Super Robot series!
Wiki-Exclusive Related Tropes
- Large Ham: In the The Humongous Mecha RP... Both while writing for the story proper, and on the discussion page.
- The McCoy: To Kkutwar's The Spock in The Humongous Mecha RP... But, instead of clashing, they actually work quite well together, because their different focuses complement each other to craft are more intriguing and complex story.
- Serial Tweaker: Cast in the name of god, ye (EXTREMELY) guilty! Indeed, you'll see how, on this very wiki, (AND the fora) he'll edit pieces of text several times before deciding that the words are finally correct... It's kind of a rude/annoying habit, I know, but it's also better to express oneself as clearly possible to minimize the chances of ambiguity/misunderstandings, even if that requires to edit the original text several times in order to achieve clarity.
- Third-Person Person: Only on this page, for the sake of describing the subject. He knows it's kind annoying, and confusing, to employ this outside of a literary context.
- Verbal Ticnote : As you might have already noticed, he likes to attach the word "EXTREMELY", and other similar superlatives, among the sentences he writes.
Favorites (Both media wise and "miscellaneous")
Movies - Live Action
Movies - Animated
Tropes (The "Good", The "Bad" and The "Ugly") [Coming Soon]