Oh hai there folks, I be the one that you would refer to as Prometheus136. I am a male 20 year old that currently goes to a community college.
My avatar gallery is here... mostly for the sake of my own sanity.
Go Ahead... Click It
Ah goddamn it ya done found me!
open/close all folders
Stuff I Like
- Creative Writing
- Smart People
And other such shit.
Stuff I Don't Like
- Intellectual naivety.
- Unanalytical people.
- Shallow people.
- Immature people.
- Wilfully ignorant people.
As you can see, I love people.
(Well actually, I do enjoy people, just not these kinds of people.)
TV Shows I Like
I generally don't watch TV, but when I do, I watch:
Movies I Like
Go On And Click It... You Know You Want To.
Books I Like
Bands/Artists I Like
Okay... I PROMISE That This Time It Won't Be Scary
Tropes that I apply to myself
- Intergenerational Friendship: I have several friends that are much older than I.
- Hates Being Touched: AVERTED even though I have Aspergers.
- Nerd: Well, duh, this is TV Tropes after all.
- The Perfectionist: With some things.
- Dead Pan Snarker: To a "T".
- Hollywood Atheist: AVERTED. I came to this conclusion via introspection, philosophizing, and reflecting upon my growing pool of knowledge. Sometimes I get pissy with religion for matters I find justifiable, other times I think that religious belief is aesthetically pleasing and a good thing. Keep in mind that atheism is not inherently religion. There ARE atheistic religions such as Buddhism, some sects of Judaism, and things like Unitarian Universalism and... ugh... Satanism (non-theistic).
- Black Comedy: This can get a bit out of hand at times.
- Gentle Giant: I'm at least 6 feet tall and I tend to be very empathetic and compassionate.
- Berserk Button: I rarely fly off the handle, and by rarely I mean almost never, but I get pissy when people make fun of my neurotic qualities or just plain mock me.
- The Idealist: Not really. I tend to prefer it over cynicism at times, but I do TRULY think that some of the professed "idealists" are just naive. But then again, I also draw a line between idealism and naivety. My ethics veer more towards idealism.
- The Cynic: Not quite either. I lean more towards cynicism, but I get annoyed by constant bitterness. It's not exactly a healthy life philosophy.
Tropes that others apply to me
Tropes That I Enjoy
- Anti-Villain: It's always nice when a villain isn't just some monster with no feelings or remorse. It shows that this person is just as human as everyone else; albeit with perhaps questionable intentions, ethics, and attitudes towards their world and others. One of my characters specifically plays into this trope.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While this trope can be a bit narmy when used a certain way, it can also be genuinely heartwarming when done correctly. If said jerk is actually pretty detailed and developed and has a soft side, it can be fairly endearing.
- A Father to His Men: Another one of those generally heartwarming tropes that may be witnessed in fiction dealing with structures like law enforcement or militia. This can work very well if said person is generally cold/mean/authoritative unless his/her men are screwed with, then proverbial excrement gets real.
- Downer Ending: This one can be a bit troubling if not done tastefully. A lot of horror films (especially slashers) love this trope as the person whom we assume will live (virgin, shy, white girl) dies and the killer is presumed to live on to kill again and again. Depending on the tone or purpose of a work, it could definitely hit a message home. For example, why would a dystopian novel with a very bleak, totalitarian society have a happy ending? The downer ending in this case would enhance the disparities, tragedies, and hopelessness of the novel and also help to tell a cautionary tale.
- Madness Mantra: As I do love me some horror, I also love me some good psychological horror. This trope can unfortunately head into narm territory at times if it feels forced or doesn't have enough weight. The word/phrase/saying/paragraph/whatever should, in my mind, be either relevant to the story's plot, theme, or setting OR it could just be seemingly nonsensical.
- Psychological Horror: Simply put, sometimes the very worst kind of fear is the kind fabricated by the mind. Anticipation for things can be much worse than the actual event, and imagining what COULD have happened or what something was without knowing can be terrifying. This in my mind is probably the more tasteful and cerebral type of horror.
- Nothing Is Scarier: A form of Psychological Horror that I believe can be TRULY chilling at times. The best kind in my mind would be a while of almost nothing happening (no music/no monsters/ nothing but ambiance), like a half hour or more in a game, and then suddenly SOMETHING REALLY FUCKING SCARY POPS OUT. Too bad that it's rarely done correctly. Quieter Than Silence adds to this VERY WELL.
- Heroic BSOD: Now... this trope can be extremely good at provoking drama. But in my mind, it will only work if the character in question is: A) developed, B) likable, and C) believable. Humans all have their vulnerabilities, nobody is completely stoic or impervious to damage (contrary to what others may say, they're basically deluded if they claim that nothing will upset them ever) and this trope is a good way to highlight humanity in a character.
Vandalism Be Here
Vandalism? no, I dare say, this is the work of genius. ~TOD
- When I was a child I thought the Italics were called so because of the ruins of the ancient Rome, you know, the letters are felt, most of the ruins are felt...Uh, nevermind... MrsRatched
(The excessive "Vandalism" once seen here was removed and replaced with a parenthetical phrase by Zeik Hunter
Ailedhoo was not the one who made this page, for this is not a page. It is a duck.
hope you like italics
- Number Two FOREVER ! And you can haf frontal lobez whenever you want. I've got many brains that I have to make disappear, anyway... ~Dhana Ragnarok
- Rivux presents a cookie! Do you accept!?
- Rivux does not keep track of his vandalism! Rivux vandalizes Prometheus's page twice!!!
- Rivux continues to forget that he vandalized Prometheus's page already!
- Rivux is cutting the crap with the darkred markup and awarding you a Crowning Moment of Awesome for this.
Your page doesn't have enough vandals on it. But I'll fix that.
—Sean Murray I
A Winner Is You
The faeries were here. Stealing your fire
. And snitching to Zeus. - Stolen By Faeries
- You haven't told me your problem with metal core yet? ~raigakuren
- I don't take kindly to it.
Never rub another man's rhubarb. —Sean Murray I
You make the Forum Games thread way
more fun. - @A certain punk...
By the way, have I ever told you you have such excellent taste? Enjoy another Blue Velvet
avatar, my gift to you. —Sean Murray I
"He ejaculates in my wound."
—Sean Murray I
I AM THE SCOUT HERE!
- That was one of the best things I've ever seen.
—- Wanderer of the Wastes
Hello! Just leaving a little mark on this page... -kicks over trash can- ...There we go! Toodles! ~skyflower
- Oh dear, I seem to be back. Er... -breaks vase- Toodle-y-doo! ~skyflower
- "I just want to bring fire to the people." (Lex Luthor) I hope, judging by your name, that you'll understand the reference. :D -Reset Locksley
- Sir, we're going to have to examine your brain for worms. Please lie down on your back. - Physical Stamina
- WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH - Physical Stamina
- I ACCIDENTALLY LEFT CAPS LOCK ON. There, that's better. ~skyflower
- Scizor X Heracross=???? Blaziken X Infernape=???? ???? X ????=New Pokemon-Xiphos Orochi 666
- What's haniniiiiiiiiiiiin'? - Physical Stamina
- Saw The Dark Knight Rises last night. Great movie, better concluding chapter in a film trilogy than Return of the Jedi, and it's also better than Austin Power's Goldmember and Scream 3. I have to say, I was really shocked when Alfred died. The way Bane just crushed his skull like a beer can.... it was definitely the most surprising thing I've seen in a comic book movie since Professor X disintegrated in X-Men 3. —Sean Murray I
- Hallo! ...I had something to say, but then I lost it. ~Sad Panda
- You remind me of my brother. You're both 19 and old for your age. ~skyflower
- I had to update the number of times I've claimed to have seen Johnny Mnemonic. It's just sooooo bad. Honestly, Robert Longo and William Gibson were the Uwe Boll the world never had. It's a science-fiction story that isn't even true to any of its own internal logic; it isn't even consistent with any of the non-science-fictiony story stuff. It's the dumbest movie ever made for $25 Million. —Sean Murray I
- You're a pretty neat guy yourself, Prometheus. Thank you for the kind words you left on my page, and for generally being fun to hang around with. Never lose that awesome taste in film, either. —Mobile Leprechaun
- Snooping as usual I see?-Xiphos Orochi 666
- I respect anyone who reads a lot and is into classic movies.-Kossmeister
- Herp a derp. - Landorkus
- You can't just have two signatures. It's not done! It's... it's blasphemy! Heresy! Goes against all basic principles of signaturedom! ~Dr. Meowgon Spengler
- Here I am again. So long and may your fish never stink.-Kossmeister
- I just realized how much I vandalize your page... which is why I'm here again, obviously. Rock candy, anyone? ~skyflower
- I enjoyed our chat on Synchtube today. Plus, your music taste is cool. Hope to chat again. c: -Danniiee
- HOW 'BOUT SOME CHOCOLATE FROSTING!? - Nomuru2d