The Walking Dead
A popular term used to describe zombies, or other kinds of undead beings. After all, they're dead, but they're still walking, so it's a handy name for those of us who aren't familiar with all the terminology, or would prefer Not Using the Z Word. If you're seeing this page, it's likely you're actually trying to get to one of the following-
- Zombie Apocalypse: What usually happens when the Walking Dead are involved.
- The Undead in general
- ComicBook.The Walking Dead: An ongoing black and white Image Comics series that began in 2003 and is about zombies.
- Series.The Walking Dead: A television series based on the comic series above that began airing on AMC in 2010.
- A trilogy of prequel novels to The Walking Dead.
- Literature.The Walking Dead Rise Of The Governor: The tragic backstory of one of the series' big bads.
- Literature.The Walking Dead The Road To Woodbury: A young woman lives under the despotic reign of the Governor. Was released in October 2012.
- Literature.The Walking Dead Fall Of The Governor: The siege of the prison, and the downfall of the Governor, as witnessed by him.
- VideoGame.The Walking Dead: An episodic Adventure Game series by Telltale Games set in the same universe as the graphic novel.
- VideoGame.The Walking Dead Survival Instinct: A First-Person Shooter video game by Activision set in the TV Show's continuity.
- The Walking Dead is also the title of a 1936 horror film starring Boris Karloff.