Funny: The Walking Dead
This is funny moments page for The Walking Dead comic. For the TV show, see here. For the video game, see here.
- In the prison, a former drug addict claims that he was the cause of the zombie outbreak. How? He was in prison again, and prayed to God for help to get clean, and the next day news of the zombies broke. What makes it is how the next panel has Rick and Lori giving a Flat "What." look before Rick changes the conversation with an awkward Okay.
- While Rick and Tyreese are clearing out the prison, they enter the cafeteria expecting a horde of walkers to come rushing out at them... Only to see a mostly empty room with 4 guys sitting at a table, eating meat loaf.
Prisoner: Hey, you guys want some meatloaf?
- Kirkman lives up to his statement early on that aliens would enter the story in issue 75, with a joke story about how aliens were behind the zombies, and several characters both dead and alive have acquired superhero outfits and are fighting them...and the Governor has become The Quisling and now uses a kickass mech suit.
- There's something darkly humorous about Rick and Tyreese still taunting each other while both are lying in bloody heaps on the floor.
- One random panel shows a zombie walking over a corpse and getting its intestine stuck in it, causing it to let out what appears to be a confused grunt before falling over.
- "Oh, by the way: Ezekiel has a tiger."
Michonne: You got to be fucking kidding me.
- And when Michonne meets them both, what is her reaction?
- The ending of "March to War", as the Saviors ask Negan what comes next:
Negan: We're the big swinging dick of this world — have been for a long fucking time... but it seems people have been forgetting that. So now our big swinging dick is going to swing harder...and faster, until we take off like a motherfucking helicopter and blow all these motherfuckers away![Beat Panel of the Saviors looking confused at one another]Negan: [Facepalming] *sigh* We're going to war.
Savior: (Returns Negan's barbwire coated bat.)Negan: "Were you gentle? Were you kind?"Savior: "Yes sir."Negan: "Did you treat her like a lady?"Savior: "Uh... yes."Negan: (dead serious)"Did you eat her pussy like a lady?"Savior: "Well, I..."
- Hell, just about 50% of anything Negan says is a delightful mix of Psychopathic Manchild, Cluster F-Bomb, Refuge in Vulgarity and Crosses the Line Twice. He even trolls his own soldiers and guards:
- Not long after Carl is shot by Otis, he laments that he'll have a scar there. Sophia claims scars are sexy... and then they both admit that they have no idea what the word "sexy" means.