We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Hey, all. I'm back.
Anyway, about me: I'm not a new forumite, starting out here
where I'm somewhere between a regular and a old-guard of the same name. That place is in need of some love in the form of new (and permanent) members. Check it out.
I play music and study nursing. As I have been playing violin practically my entire life, I feel like I'm almost entitled to say that music truly is
my world. I currently work at a nursing home and sub for a county level orchestra, which is pretty rad, I'd say.
I have taken it my responsibility to keep the Gambit Index
in running order. Though I have been slacking from running my watch
as of lately.
I'm from one of the cloudiest cities in the United States, north of that one city
and south of that other one.
The actual town of Death Cab for Cutie
Oh yea, if I haven't mentioned it before, I play epic violin. And I quote Autotune The News
a lot. (Note: It's on fiah!
I am currently crusading against Fandumb
. Help me fight it. note: I'm a big fan of Moff’s Law
and Quality Over Quantity
As for the Table
discussion,I am a part of Salt.
open/close all folders
What I think of me:
- Large ham is almost a prerequisite for being a troper.
- younger than they look - People think I'm about 24-25, whereas I'm actually 21.
- OoC is serious business - When I'm not a perpetual smiler or not being "weird", watch the [REDACTED] out.
- Stepford snarker/Stepford Smiler - As if you weren't hiding something too. Hell, it's the internet.
- Deadpan Snarker - Duh.
- Rule of Cool - It's why I wear a brown leather jacket/legit pre-1950's fedora combo.
- Berserk Button - Do not, I repeat, DO NOT call me weird.
- Freaky Is Cool
- I don't care if I may be a Fan Hater, people are stupid.
- Annoyed by small talk
- I try to be Nice to the Waiter
- I have been accused of speaking Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness at times. I don't care.
- Other people are goldfish
- Must Have Caffeine
- While I do understand and use metaphors, idioms, etc, I am much more Literal-Minded than a good few of my friends.
- Lighter and Softer - I'm not much of a metal person, even if I have a specific taste.
- I really don't want to see No Backwards Compatibility In The Future.
- Read Lord of the Rings many tens of times.
- I can be quite the Rules Lawyer if i wanted/needed to.
- I go out of my way to avoid The Friend Nobody Likes.
- To a degree, Being Personal Isn't Professional.
- Crack Is Cheaper for music, at least. $5,000 violin with $800 bow, not even including must-have accesories? SURE!
Got any med questions, ask here:
- Regarding a topic I started, does the use of a bidet improve personal hygiene? I bet so. — Belfagor
- It may, haven't really thought about it. The more important thing for that kinda thing would be to WASH YOUR HANDS. The main pathway for pathogens in modern times in first-world countries is through the feco-oral pathway, or in layman's terms, where people don't wash their hands after they use the restroom and handle things that other people will later use.
- That's gross. Of course I always was my hands after using the restroom. In Italy, the bidet is used by virtually everyone: if you don't use it, you're quite the Pig Pen.
Awesome stuff, guaranteed.
Tropes I like:
Stuff I don't like
I find these bands played so much/adored so much that I've started to not liking them:
Music that I'm starting to not like as much because it's being played WAY TOO MUCH:
- MLP. Fandumb doesn't begin to cover it.
Tropes that annoy me:
Tropes I really do NOT like:
stuff I've created:
Kids these days...
- I, too, have been playing violin for five years.
- Why, hallo, thar. Nice to have more people on the forum. ~Balmung
- Nice folder name. - JR Pictures
- Why hello thar. - Dark Destruction
- Back on Valentine's Day, I held up a stereo John-Cusack-in-Say Anything-style outside my girl's house and blasted this song and—okay, I take that back, I had my laptop and played the music video I just linked you to—anyway, I played that and then she didn't want anything to do with me. I don't see what I did wrong. —Sean Murray I
- I should stop getting stuck here. JR Pictures
- I was here... Emmens
- What... is your favourite colour? Ailedhoo
- Bring back Firefly!!!.. wrong page sorry.. JR Pictures
- I feel like shouting like a madman, dancing in the moonlight, for rock is still alive and kickin' ! ~Dhana Ragnarok
- I got a pocket full of Hawthornes.. sorry wrong place. JR Pictures
- Because you play epic violin, I will link some more epic violin. - Completely Normal Guy
- Aprreciate life and other inspirational crap. This was a PSA courtesy of JR Pictures
- Since you ask, I hail from the U District. - Completely Normal Guy
- <takes the dozen pills that are supposed to keep him from eating dead fetuses> I FEEL GREAT! ~Dhana Ragnarok
- I'm wondering what to do now on your page. Probably nothing. JR Pictures
- So, have you heard any new awesome music lately? Anything that makes you say "This is awesome. I need to share this with someone?" - Completely Normal Guy
- What's up? Dream Theater is awesome! Listening to Portnoy's madness makes me want to learn to play the drums/percussion. ~punkreader
- NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!
- The last cool song I remember listening to is this, which came on my shuffling iPod while I was driving around last night. —Sean Murray I
- Porcupines swing to andropods! —Premonition45
- I personally believe driving stoned is safer than driving drunk. The only time I ever nearly had an accident while driving stoned was the time when I briefly took my hands off the wheel to light my bong. —Sean Murray I
- I'm no kid. I. AM. Psychotic Manchild! ~Dhana Ragnarok
- Hello. How have you been lately? Find anything interesting? - Completely Normal Guy
- You're out of touch, I'm out of time, but I'm out of my head when you're not around. —Sean Murray I
- By the way, that's Hall & Oates, "Out of Touch". —me again
- Hello again. So the weather around here has been stranger than usual lately, hasn't it? I mean, it's not supposed to be snowing when I'm on spring break. - Completely Normal Guy
- It's time for action because of JR Pictures imcompetence.
- UR WEIRD LOL -Aramil
- Y'know, compared to me, you're not that weird. thiefoftime
- I'll be seeing that picture in my nightmares. eternal Noob
- I wasn't expecting you to end up addicted. I had discovered that band roughly a week before, and they just happened to be what I was listening to at that particular moment. Oh well. Every time someone finds something they enjoy, that counts as a win, right? - Completely Normal Guy
- I Roll with Gangs for Twenty Dollars. JR Pictures
- I were going to leave something clever but I'm not that funny - Steventheman
- Rock on, man! That was a pretty cool picture on your page! -Earl of Sandvich
- I count over eleven individual tropes in this video. —Sean Murray I
- YARRR PIRATES P.-D - Noaqiyeum
- Fortunately, I didn't read that Ben creey pasta. Unfortunately, my imagination will make it worse for me in my sleep. Oh well. ~Aralyn
- I've been hearing a lot of sad news about one of the members of the Bee Gees having slipped into a coma, but so far he's stayin' alive. —Sean Murray I
- You know, I almost batted an eyelid at the Creepypasta. It may or may not say something about my mental health. —Electrum Zephyr
- I don't get this... —Sabrina Diamond
- Unfortunately, now I have read/watched the Ben Drowned creepypasta. So, yeah. Thanks, man. ~ Aralyn
- Prince and the Revolution's song "Raspberry Beret" tells the story of a teenager's first sexual experience, lifted straight from the cheapest, most cliched, trashy romance novel that could be found at a local pharmacy. In it, a teenager has sex with this girl in Old Man Johnson's barn in front of some very confused horses, and there's a thunderstorm outside the barn. The girl wears a raspberry beret. —Sean Murray I
- The pic would probably be creepier if there was some red in it. ... I don't know either. - Um Lovely
- Well. That was interesting. - Meta Skipper
- Bingle bongle dingle dangle, yickedy doo, yickedy da, ping pong, lippy-tappy- too-ta! -Logan Locksley
- Stupid Shocksite/Creepypasta! I thought putting them here was cheating... Oh well, you put a warning, so I can't go complaining all the time... - Amused Troper Guy
- Squeeze's timeless classic "Tempted" tells the story of a man leaving town after his girl lover leaves him for someone else... of the same sex. During the final chorus and fadeout, you can totally hear the singer whispering, "Lesbian." —Sean Murray I
- Cancelling this was unforgivable, right Rocko?- Tropers//Eternal Noob
- Thanks for the new vandalism folder! - Aranamor
- I AM THE VANDAL AND THE VANDAL IS ABSOLUTE! MetaSkipper
- From JR Pictures :
Mario: "I don't know Luigi,... hey lets vandalize this page."
Luigi: "Okey dokey."
- Mhua ha ha ha, this page is now mine, Ghua ha ha aha ha ha ha-Xiphos Orochi 666.
- This guy will always be my hero. —Sean Murray I
- And Van Halen's "Panama" is about receiving road head from a stripper.
- I dunno what it is about you saying "road head", but it's kind of hilarious. —Trevor
- Alas I have returned, to take over this page and the moon,Mhua ha ha aha ha ha ha-Xiphos Orochi 666.
- Well well.... it seems I am vandalising once more. But in order for this to truly happen you must find the Fish. JR Pictures
- IN THE BEGINNING, THERE WAS JACK. AND JACK HAD A GROOVE. AND THIS GROOVE WAS THE GROOVE OF ALL GROOVES. -Physical Stamina
- We will, we will, steal all you stuff! - Stolen By Faeries
- MORT WUZ HERE. - Mort08
- Wow, a lot happened while I was gone. The picture at the bottom startled me O_O ~thiefoftime
- Hey, it's been a while! ~Enzeru
- JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - Physical Stamina
- "You alright?" "I'm alright. You alright?" Yeah I'm alright. You alright?" You get the point. JR Pictures
- aural psynapse —tre
- Rock on, man. - Physical Stamina
- I am so tired of coming up with original vandalism, I'm just gonna go. Have a nice day! ~The Courteous Vandal
- Eh. - Physical Stamina
- I swear I was here before. -Um Lovely
- Togetheeeeeeeeeer. Physical Stamina
- Stop! You've violated the law. Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit. -An Imperial Guard
- Now I've been here before! - Um Lovely
- Rockman. - Physical Stamina
- Good afternoon, sir. We do not seem to have met. - Mura
- Data indicates that lifeform is likely friendly. Unit will approach with "vandalism" as social token.~Solitary Geth Unit.
- -Humanoid moaning, groaning, and bellowing- Translation: Hi. ~With Love and Rapeage, Red Pyramid Thing/Pyramid Head
- I was a super saiyan robot and now I'm a robotic seraph.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Ghwa ha ha ha aha ha ha,Chrono Trigger is awesome-Xiphos Orochi 666
- ¿Qué? ¿Qué es esto? ¿Quién eres tú? ¿POR QUÉ ESTOY AQUÍ? ¡YO NO TE CONOZCO! ~Un Español Confuso
- Heh heh heh,DIE!-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Shine on, you crazy diamond. ~InverurieJones
- Loud and clearly, 524! Freud? Keloid? Just play the damn chord! -Miku and GUMI
- Dann soll die Armee eben kehrt machen! -Argentum Uranium
- Hey there, true believin' troper! It is I, Logan Locksley, hereby joining you in your great and glorious battle against Fan Dumb! -Logan Locksley
- Smoke Skooma Erryday! -Demoralized Ant
- I vandalize you, you vandalize me...round and round and back and forth we go. -Logan Locksley
- Remember me,Mhua ha ha ah aha ha ha!-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Oh come on... :3 -Xiphos Orochi 666
- I welcome you to New Yggdrasil and here is your gift.(Ignore the bronies)-Xiphos Orochi 666
- This page is slowly falling into my hands.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Cell phones will not give you cancer. Only hepatitis. -Fact Sphere
- MANA BARRIER!!-Xiphos Orochi 666
- No lollygaggin'. -Whiterun Guard
- This page is a part of New Yggdrasil.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- The Corruption of this page begins... NOW! Eldritchseer
- 강남스타일! -PSY
- Hello Rockon! You wouldn't be the one who gives out the medals of awesome now, would you? NES
- Hello, Dolly! *scribblescribblescribble* - Mr Mallard
- Hi. This is just a random sentence. - S Bane N
- Vandalized! -Mokona Zero
- A SLAVE QBEYS! A MAN KNOWS WHEN HE'S TALKING OUT OF HIS ASS! Eldritchseer
- Rockonman has been struck by a vandal. - S Bane N
- Mind if I make a trade route through here? - Nine-Tailed Cat
- ...I'll take that as a no. Great. - The aforementioned Nine-Tailed Cat
- LEEROY JENKIIIINS!!! :D - Mort08
- Rock on, man. Rock on. Pun (that's what it's called, right?) intended. - S Bane N
- You have been vandalized. -Mokona Zero
- You did it twice. You'll get my responses. First one! - Quag15
- Second response. 2x combo! - Quag15
- I'd say something random but I'm in a hurry so I'm not going to say anything random other than VANDALIZED! - S Bane N
- Rock on, maaaaan! Coffee? *raises flask* - Bisected8
- Guten morgen. Here, has some Gratuitous German. -Danniiee
- Right, so here's the good news and the bad news. The bad news, is... you've been vandalized. The good news is that there is no other bad news. - S Bane N
- I just woke up, I left my brain in my socks, and I don't remember what century we are in. Happy Hanuka. ~Dhana Ragnarok
- ... Greetings. I am Shane. Prepare yourself for vandalism!
- Quag was here. Now he's over there. - Quag15
Got tropes of me?
- Considers others to be goldfish-King Yggdrasil
- Awesome McCoolname: Your username. -Mokona Zero
- Beneath the Mask: You mentioned you're a Perpetual Smiler but others see you as The Cynic. -Mokona Zero
- Big "WHAT?!": Several these days. ~Dhana Ragnarok
- The Chessmaster:All thoses gambits.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Cynical Mentor: you give off this impression. - risingdreams
- The Masked One:The image at the top of your page.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- The Medic:Well Yeah.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- The Cynic:The page speaks...-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Good Samaritan: Goes hand in hand with the nursing. NES
- Just Trying to Help: You started a folder for me on my trope page even though I had one. -Mokona Zero
- Knight in Sour Armor: At least, this page gives me that impression. - Nine-Tailed Cat
- Only Sane Man: Intelligent, nonsense-hating, reasonable, intolerant of fan-dumb, yeah, this is you. ~ATC
- Humans Are Bastards:You mindset seems to lean on this.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Informed War.:You say you fight Fandumb,how do you do it?-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Uncanny Valley:Some of your avatars fit this.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Commuting on a Bus: Your Synchtube participation. - Physical Stamina
- Fan Hater: Of bronies? - Physical Stamina
- Its Popular, so It Sucks: Everything listed under the "Music I Don't Like" section. - Physical Stamina
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: You're generally a good guy, but your high intolerance for Fan Dumb hints at this. - Physical Stamina
- Hidden Depths: You show quite a sour disposition, but you are deeply concerned about your fellow man as a nurse. - Premonition45
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendent:It has to be true.-Xiphos Orochi 666
- Nightmare Face: AAAAAAAAGGGGHHH - Voyd211
- Nightmare Fetishist -WolfMan16
Questions for the troperverse
- What is considered Old Guard in terms of how long someone's been here?
- Hell, who are the mods? Are there any, even?
- Why hasn't there been a Troper Con yet?
- What would be the Distaff Counterpart of Strange Girl?