Hi, I'm Tre. This is my page, but you already knew that.
I'm twenty-three, black, a writer and DJ/electronic music producer, male enough (he/his and they/them pronouns are both fine), a technology junkie, a purveyor of platformers, and a pop culture aficionado. (Also a robot. Dont tell anyone.)
Since September 2019 I've started running a blog named Mind the Weird. I write about music and other things that strike the Trevor fancy, and there's a couple of other fun things on there too like comics and maybe the occasional personal update. Taking a visit or sharing my work there is an easy way to make me very happy. 💚
I recently started contributing articles to the website Game Rant as a freelance news writer. You can check those out here.
My musical alias is Trevor Whatevr. Ive independently released six EPs, three albums, and a film soundtrack. For three years I also hosted an electronic music show on WRFL-FM called Whatevr Works. I read fortune cookies on air and played some of my favorite tunes. A good gig if Id ever say so. My other show on the station, The Heavyset, is still going strong, with my bud Cas9 and I producing it remotely. You can check out past episodes here, and new ones air on Friday/Saturdays at 12a Eastern Time on WRFL.fm.
I use Tumblr a lot my blog on there, Trespeak, is a font of memes and nonsense that's essentially the online equivalent to my messy room. I also run Unzipped, a second haven for even more memes (and occasional serious matters).
I had a novel series in the works, but at this point in time it's kind of dead (though I'm not ruling out the possibility of coming back to it). Since then I've written some short stories in related universes.
I've been on TVT for a decade and some change. I joined in March 2010 at a ripe thirteen years old as Trerox, and dropped the "rox" not long afterward in a rare display of keen foresight. Since then I've left, come back, mellowed out considerably and generally, y'know, grown up, though some things about me — including the media obsession that brought me here in the first place — haven't changed much at all. These days I spend most of my time on the forums, largely at Forum Games and Yack Fest, because theyre fun places with cool folks.
Im one of the four cohosts on a Twitch channel called Shapes and Forms, usually alongside my buddy planet Jane and our friends Sredni Vashtar and Wynne. It usually happens on Thursday nights, but we're just doing it as a bit of a hobby so the schedule can move it around on occasion — the best place to figure out when we're doing stuff is Jane's Twitter.
I also run a Discord server named In Search Of..., where my real-life friends and internet buds have converged into a neat little community. Shoot me a PM if you'd like an invite. One project that grew out of ISO is Scribbles, a digital zine with art, literature, comics, and ephemera created by members of the server and friends. You can find it on our page at Itch.
Oh, and also: weird, odd and brilliant stuff on the edges of the zeitgeist is the kind of media I live for. Indie games, comics and music make up a big chunk of what I consider my favorite things, along with little-known cartoons.
Alright, I think thats it. Drop me a line!
- The Big Ones: Tiny and Big, Rayman, Regular Show, Scott Pilgrim (and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World), Foster's, The Iron Giant, Bravest Warriors, Adventure Time, Eureka Seven, Homestuck, Pickle and Peanut, Destiny,, Final Space, Spider-Verse and Scud the Disposable Assassin
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- Bee and Puppycat, The Binding of Isaac, BioShock Infinite, Borderlands, BoJack Horseman, Breaking Bad, Burnout
- Cupcake & Dino: General Services
- Danger & Eggs, Death Note, DJ Hero, Davies-era Doctor Who
- Fez, Fullmetal Alchemist, Futurama
- Garry's Mod, Gravity Falls, Gurren Lagann, Gunshow (particularly The Anime Club)
- Harry Potter, He Is a Good Boy
- Kill la Kill
- Leschek's Flight, LittleBigPlanet
- Marvel Cinematic Universe, Mirror's Edge, Monsters University and Monsters, Inc., The Muppets
- Neon Genesis Evangelion, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Nuclear Throne
- Conan O'Brien, OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes, Orange Is the New Black, Over the Garden Wall
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Problem Sleuth
- Rick and Morty, Rock Band
- Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV, Soul Eater, seasons 1-3 of SpongeBob SquarePants and the movies, SSX, Steven Universe, Stick It to the Man!, Sweeney Todd
- Team Fortress 2, Tearaway, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Titanfall 2, Turbo (and FAST too)
- The Underland Chronicles, Undertale
- Voodoo Vince
- Wakfu, Watch_Dogs 2
(because I felt like I needed to have a separate section for this! no particular order, just compiling a list here — a list that is probably doomed to be perpetually incomplete, but a list nonetheless)
- ABSRDST, Adele, Alison Wonderland, AlunaGeorge, Anamanaguchi, A-Trak, Avicii
- Baauer, Bag Raiders, Banks, Alina Baraz, Basement Jaxx, Battles, BeauDamian, Beck, Beyoncé, Big Data, Big Gigantic, Big Grams, Big Wild, the bird and the bee, Black Eyed Peas, Blur, Body Language, BONNIE x CLYDE, Botnek, Bruno Mars, Bon Iver, David Bowie
- Calvin Harris, Caravan Palace, Cash Cash, Cashmere Cat, Chairlift, Chance the Rapper, Charli XCX, Chrissy and Hawley, CHVRCHES, Childish Gambino, George Clanton/ESPRIT Fantasy, J. Cole
- Daft Punk, Daktyl, deadmau5, Death Cab for Cutie, Death Grips, Robert DeLong, Delta Heavy, Diplo, Disasterpeace, Disclosure, Does It Offend You, Yeah?, Dombresky, DROELOE, Dua Lipa, Duck Sauce, Duumu
- Elohim, Ephixa, ESPRIT 空想/George Clanton
- Fall Out Boy, Feed Me, James Figurine (aka Dntel), Flume, Fox Stevenson, Dillon Francis, Nelly Furtado, fun.
- Galantis, Galimatias, Getter, Gesaffelstein, Gorillaz, Gotye, Grabbitz, Grant (Bowtie), Gramatik, Grimes, Griz, Grouplove
- Halsey, HEALTH, Hybrid
- Michael Jackson, Jagwar Ma, Jakey (aka NakeyJakey on YouTube), JAUZ, Jerry Folk, JOYRYDE, Just a Gent
- Kanye West (unfortunately), Kasbo, Kaskade, KAYTRANADA, Kero Kero Bonito, Kesha, K?d, Kill The Noise, Kimbra, Kllo, Knife Party, the Knocks, Krewella
- Chris Lake, Kendrick Lamar, Zara Larsson, Lazy Rich, LCD Soundsystem, Lemaitre, Lenno, Dua Lipa, Louis the Child, Lucky Date
- Machinedrum, Made in Heights, Madeon, Major Lazer, MEMBA, MGMT, The M Machine, Mobley, Moon Boots, Mord Fustang, Nick Murphy (Chet Faker), Mura Masa, Mutemath
- Nine Inch Nails (and Trent Reznors soundtrack work), NZCA Lines
- ODESZA, Oh Wonder, Oliver, OutKast, Owl City
- Paramore, Party Pupils, Passion Pit, Pendulum, Petit Biscuit, Phantoms, Phantom Planet, the Postal Service, Prince, Psapp, Pusher, Charlie Puth
- RAC, *repeat repeat, Rihanna, Porter Robinson, Robotaki, Röyksopp, RL Grime
- San Holo, Seven Lions, Shawn Wasabi, Skrillex, Skylar Spence, Sofi Tukker, DJ Snake, Britney Spears, The Strokes, St. Vincent, Swardy, Sylvan Esso, SZA
- Taska Black, Tennyson, Justin Timberlake, Dion Timmer, Tokyo Machine, Two Door Cinema Club
- Unlike Pluto
- Vampire Weekend, Virtual Riot, Virtual Self, Vincent
- Walker and Royce, Washed Out, Wavves, Weezer, What So Not, Whethan, Why Don't We, Wolfgang Gartner, WRLD
- Yellow Claw
- Zavala, Zedd, Zeds Dead
- The Radar page for Regular Show
- Does It Offend You, Yeah?
- Stuck (it was my babby, after all, even if I didn't ever finish it)
- Trevor Whatevr (of course)
- Tribal Face Paint
- Tiny and Big (didn't create, but gussied up)
- Stick It to the Man!
- He Is a Good Boy
- The character page for Pickle and Peanut
- HEALTH (the band)
- San Holo
- Autism: Better believe it.
- Asexual / Romantic Asexual: Something along those lines, though I haven't pursued anything in that area in years.
- Author Appeal: Or Tresthetic, as it were...
- Robots and androids, the color green, the subtler side of the mascot platformer genre, Post-Cyberpunk, stitchpunk, Cassette Futurism, brands and advertisements (despite myself), Thunderbolts and Lightning, reference overdosing, Electronic Music, Hip-Hop and Indie Rock, bad puns, radar dodging, Thick-Line Animation, Cel Shading, postmodernism, Breaking the Fourth Wall and Medium Awareness, dysfunctional teams full of weird folk, copious continuity nods (even in things that don't really need them), frogs, turtles, birds, rabbits, snails, zippers, root beer and eyewear.
- Black and Nerdy: An example for the textbooks.
- Blind Without 'Em: I'm nearsighted as fuck! Spent a long time knowing my vision had started to go in my later teens, but didn't bother to get glasses until I was 21.
- Characterization Marches On: Part of mellowing out and getting older is becoming keenly aware of the fact that taking every opportunity possible to make folks aware of your creative endeavors, in addition to being exhausting, will just make you seem more obnoxious than anything else.
- Color Motif: I really, really like the color green. I usually accompany it with a nice teal as well.
- Fan Nickname: Not really a fan type of thing, but my Rayman fanaticism gave rise to the nickname Treman with my friends. It stuck.
- I Have Many Names: Most of which are variants of the names Trevor or Tre, neither of which is my legal name but both of which I identify with anyway.
- Lovable Nerd: Hopefully.
- Mellow Fellow: You could easily say so, at least of post-adolescent Tre. More often than not, it takes a lot to throw off my groove.
- Must Have Caffeine: I'm a millennial. This is pretty much a given.
- MyersBriggs: I'm an INFP.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Embrace the nerdery!
- Self-Deprecation: Dont dunk on yourself. I try not to these days, but I did a lot when I was a kid, and old habits die hard.
- Shout-Out: Frequently pop up in both my works and my overall presentation.
- Writer's Block: My biggest foe.
Tropes about my music have been moved to Trevor Whatevr.
see ya next time! ^_^