A popular term used to describe zombies, or other kinds of undead beings. After all, they're dead, but they're still walking, so it's a handy name for those of us who aren't familiar with all the terminology, or would prefer Not Using the "Z" Word.
If you're seeing this page, it's likely you're actually trying to get to one of the following-
- Zombie Apocalypse: What usually happens when the Walking Dead are involved.
- The Undead in general
- The Walking Dead media franchise, which includes:
- The Walking Dead: An ongoing black and white Image Comics series that began in 2003 and is about zombies.
- The Walking Dead: A television series based on the comic series above that began airing on AMC in 2010.
- Fear the Walking Dead: A spinoff/prequel/interquel series that began airing on AMC in 2015.
- A trilogy of prequel novels to The Walking Dead:
- The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor: The tragic backstory of one of the series' big bads.
- The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury: A young woman lives under the despotic reign of the Governor. Was released in October 2012.
- The Walking Dead Fall Of The Governor: The siege of the prison, and the downfall of the Governor, as witnessed by him.
- The Walking Dead: An episodic Adventure Game series by Telltale Games set in the same universe as the graphic novel.
- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct: A First-Person Shooter video game by Activision set in the TV Show's continuity.
- Overkill's The Walking Dead: A co-op First-Person Shooter from PAYDAY: The Heist and PAYDAY 2 developer Overkill Software
- The Walking Dead is also the title of a 1936 horror film directed by Michael Curtiz and starring Boris Karloff.