Hi, I'm Tre. I was a Troper
(initially joining in 2010), then I wasn't
, and now I am again
I'm eighteen, black, mostly male, a writer, a technology junkie, a purveyor of platformers, and a pop culture aficionado. In addition to my writing (which mostly lives on my blog, American Style Buffoonery
, I also make Electronic Music
as Trevor Whatevr
, with three EPs and two albums under my belt. I used to have a novel series
in the works, but at this point in time it's kind of dead (though I'm not planning on abandoning the universe entirely).
That's pretty much it. Drop me a line!
my avatar machine
The pride and joy of my old page, my avatar machine! Back from the dead (or Darth Wiki
, as it were) because I missed it, now with updated pics. :D (Click the folder to turn it on/off.)
Works and Other Things I Love:
- The Big Eleven: Rayman (became My Literal Favorite Thing after I left, and has remained such since), Regular Show (ditto, except I loved it even before then), Scott Pilgrim (and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World), Foster's, The Iron Giant, Bravest Warriors, Adventure Time, Eureka Seven, Tiny and Big, The Iron Giant and Homestuck
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- Bee and Puppycat, The Binding of Isaac, BioShock Infinite, Borderlands, BoJack Horseman, Breaking Bad, Burnout
- Daft Punk, deadmau5, Death Cab for Cutie, Death Note, DJ Hero, Davies-era Doctor Who, Does It Offend You, Yeah?
- Garry's Mod, Gurren Lagann
- Harry Potter
- Kill la Kill
- LCD Soundsystem, LittleBigPlanet
- Marvel Cinematic Universe, Mirrors Edge, Monsters University, The Muppets
- Neon Genesis Evangelion, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
- Conan O'Brien, Orange Is The New Black, Over the Garden Wall
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Problem Sleuth
- Rick and Morty, Rock Band
- Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV, Soul Eater, SSX, Stick It To The Man, Sweeney Todd
- Quentin Tarantino, Team Fortress 2, Tearaway, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Turbo (and FAST too)
- The Underland Chronicles
- Wakfu, Weezer
Don't trip over the tropes:
- Asperger Syndrome: Yeah.
- Asexual: Somewhere in the relative area; I'm not completely dismissive of having a relationship with a lady at some point, but it isn't a priority of mine.
- Black and Nerdy: An example for the textbooks.
- Characterization Marches On: Before I left TVT I was pretty much "that gonzo self-promoting writer dude" and had a tendency to play up my weirder traits; getting older and having taken a break gave me a bit of time to evolve and move past that, though. (I still self-promote, of course, but not to the point of insanity.)
- Extraverted Nerd: Averted, actually. I'm perfectly aware of how dorky I can be, and try pretty hard not to make it unappealing.
- Fan Nickname: My Rayman fanaticism gave rise to the nickname Treman with my friends. It stuck.
- I Have Many Names: Most of which are variants of the names Trevor, Tre or Manuel.
- Lovable Nerd: Can't say I know for sure, but I'd hope I'm one.
- Must Have Caffeine: I'm a teenager in the 2010s. This is pretty much a given.
- Myers-Briggs: I'm an INFP.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Embrace the nerdery!
- Put on a Bus: A self-imposed one, out of boredom. Lasted just under two years.
- Shout-Out: Frequently pop up in both my works and my overall presentation.
- Writer's Block: My biggest foe.
Tropes about my music have been moved to Trevor Whatevr.
Before you go:
Until next time, tropers. ^_^