I'm just this guy, you know. I'm pretty relaxed. I like occasionally writing reviews. I lurked here for about 2 years before I actually posted or contributed anything,natch
Video games I like are mostly platformers and RPG's, as well as the occasional fighting game. I like Fantasy and Science Fiction
in terms of books and TV. I have very little to say, but I'm a nice person. I enjoy works that exercise Mind Screw
. I like music that is good and also indulge in quite a lot of Video Game Music.
With films I'm not that specific, as long as it is good. I'm just getting into anime and haven't seen that much yet, but I'm liking what I see.
I live in Britain, In a town called Basingstoke. The place appears to be made entirely out of roundabouts. And that's no good.
As you can imagine there are problems when it snows in Winter.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a hyper evolved penguin capable of speech. .
Anyway, Welcome to my page! Want a canape?
Works and creators I like
Super Mario Galaxy
(one of the best games ever. Magical)
- Clement J 642 (Love his commentary. But I digress)
- Jon Tron (iss sublime. Iss godlike. Iss guddd!)
- Game Grumps (Love it. When I have the chance to watch it. Impossible to catch up when you're away 4 days a week)
- Mega Man (got into recently, and love it. But you can probably see I like platformers in general)
- The Megas ( Yes. Great stuff. Rockin. Don't mess with magnetman mofos)
- The Protomen (DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON THE CITY)
- Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time and Legend Of Zelda Majoras Mask. (Only two ones I've beat, so I'm not listing the whole Zelda series. Ocarina of time is a great adventure and Majora's mask is just as great, and very dark and emotional.)
- Final Fantasy (IV, V, IX, X are best. Like most of the series as a whole)
- Poke Mon (Loved it since I was a kid, addictive, fun, cute and life consuming)
- Fire Emblem Awakening (only played this out of the series)
- Star Fox (Lylat wars is one of the best games I have played. Hey Einstein, i'm on your side!)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (currently watching, Kicks ass, great plotlines and story arcs, most instantly memorable lines, memroable and lovable characters)
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (congratulations indeed)
- Haruhi Suzumiya (Season 1 great, Season 2 pretty bad, Movie great)
- Serial Experiments Lain (Trippy, confusing and weird, but makes a surprising amount of sense)
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ( Most awesome thing ever. Who the hell do you think I am?)
- Ana Mana Guchi (Oh yeah)
- Douglas Adams (Hoopiest frood ever)
- Harry Potter (Read and liked, but wouldn't say I'm a fan as such)
- Lord of the Rings (Reading through at moment, finished Two towers at the moment)
- Eraser Head (Surreal and creepy in a spectacular way)
- Nintendo (At the risk of sounding like a fanboy I still feel that their 1st party series have always been top tier. Most of the time)
- Shigeru Miyamoto
- Masahiro Sakurai (He made Kirby, Smash Bros and Kid Icarus: Uprising. Enough said. He is a game design legend)
- Nobuo Uematsu (This guy is the closet thing to a god)
- Inception ( Yosh)
- Hayao Miyazaki
- Studio Ghibli (Castle in the Sky and Spirited Away in particular)
- Cardiacs (Insane, but good. Haven't heard of them, then look them up.)
- Radiohead (Really good when it's not being too depressing)
- Futurama (Enjoy it alot. Sure, I can't say I've seen every episode or anything but when it's on TV I watch it)
- The Big Bang Theory (Funny. What more to say really?
- Monty Python (Great, but a tiny bit overrated.)
- The Goodies (Watch this. It's so underated compared to Monty Python)
- The Beatles (Who doesn't?)
- Super Smash Bros.(Grew up with Melee, like Brawl the best)
- Kirby (So fun and enjoyable and cute and childlike. In the best possible way. hell yes)
Tropes I apply to myself
- The Lancer
- The Quiet One .....
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander - Occasionally
- Non-Action Guy - I usually don't get involved in stuff like this, not particularly strong or athletic.
- Just One More Level- When playing certain video games
- Mistaken for Gay - Because I look effeminate and have a good friend who is also slightly effeminate. Yeah.
- Apologises a Lot - Sorry. Yeah, I tend to do this alot.
- Catch Phrase - Yeah, Sure, Whatever, Oh god, sorry
- Character Derailment -No idea what I mean by this
- Socially-Awkward Hero- And how!
- The Stoic -Occasionally.
- Fatal Flaw - Awfulness at Maths
- Loony Friends Improve Your Personality -I'd say so.
- Nerd- I'm on this site
- Terrified of Germs In 2007 mostly, although sometimes persists to this day
- Weak Willed
- Shrinking Violet - Rare male example, well according to fiction anyway. Often scared to talk to people.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander - Mostly when I have too much sugar, but happens naturally sometimes
- The Idealist -At heart. Tend to appear as The Cynic because occasional dry humour
- Fetish Fuel -Not going into detail... But I have strange interests.
- Suddenly Voiced -At a few months old
- A Man Is Not a Virgin -Averted
- Most Wonderful Sound - The word Illustrious, the sound when you grab a blue sphere in Sonic 3 & Knuckles
- As Himself
- Born in the Wrong Century - Sorta. I was born at the tail end of the 1990's and thus never really experienced it and lived mostly in the 2000's. But I wish I was a 90's kid.
- The Teeto Taler - I don't like the taste of alcohol and don't want to get drunk anyway
- Determined Defeatist
- Green-Eyed Monster -Ocassionally, not very often though thakfully
- Loners Are Freaks Uh, depends on your perspective.
- Man Hug -Occasionally
- Real Men Wear Pink - In a way. Real men play Kirby, and don't forget it.
- Trademark Favorite Food -Chicken, Chicken curry, Steak, Dumplings and more importantly COCA COLA
- True Neutral - What I aim to be
- Character Derailment - Dunno where to start
- Whole Some Crossdresser - On one occasion.....
- No Sense of Direction - I got lost on the way back from a TESCO's once.Beyond the Impossible
Tropes others apply to me
For people who wish to comment on me, Electric Nova. Or in other words, the place to vandalise
- I suppose this is where people vandalize. Glad I'm the first one. Cheers! - Quag15