Area Flat is a series of Java Web Game Shoot Em Ups. You control a polygonal ship that shoots down enemy polygons, while collecting Power Ups to increase firepower, speed, or obtain homing missiles. It spawned two sequels, each better than the last.You can play the game here. The sequels can be played here and here. (You might need to include http://www.shiftup.net in your Java Exception settings)
Tropes present in the Area Flat series:
- Charged Attack: In 3, not attacking will charge your weapon bar, allowing you to fire a Wave Motion Gun until it depletes.
- Cool Ship: The second boss of 3.
- Cool Plane: The third boss of 3.
- Difficulty Spike: The last quarter of each game usually throws plenty of dangerous foes at you. In 2, you have to face off guys that spray shots all over alongside Wave Motion Gun enemies. In 3, you fight against enemies with Homing Lasers.
- Flunky Boss: The final boss of 3, in the first phase and the last phase.
- Humongous Mecha: The Final Boss of 2. You face mini version of them as normal enemies in 3.
- Laser Blade: Used by the Final Boss of 2, as well as the mecha enemies in 3.
- Mini-Boss: Each "level" in 3 has one.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Your ship takes one hit to go down.
- Roboteching: In 2 and onwards, your homing missiles get changed into homing lasers.
- Sequential Boss: The final bosses of the games.
- Smart Bomb: In 3.
- Spread Shot: A couple of enemies can use these.
- Stationary Boss: The final boss of 3.
- Wave Motion Gun: Your Charged Attack in 3. All three games feature Mooks that can use this on you. In 3, you face off against a large tank miniboss with a gigantic one.
- Weapons That Suck: The final boss of 3 uses this.