You have a ship! And it's cool! It's got The Captain
, and maybe a Wave Motion Gun
and other cool stuff!
You can park it in the Elaborate Underground Base
, but then, the whole point of it is that you can Travel Cool
to places with it.
Well, that depends on the kind of ship.
And there are other ships, that do not fold neatly into one of these categories. Please add only examples that do not fit in one here. (Such as falling into more than one. Or sailing through dimensions and the like.) If you're still not sure, consult the Travel Cool
If you're looking for a relation-
ship, please see Shipping Tropes
Anime and Manga
- Mazinger Z: Salude and Bood, Baron Ashura's submarine fortresses. The former could disguise itself like an island.
- The Dai Gurren in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Although it eventually gets the ability to swim and fly, it was originally designed as a land-based battleship.
- Specifically it was designed as a fully-functioning Humongous Mecha with a battleship for a torso.
- The Mother Vanguard from Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam - it's a Cool Starship that's a mecha-scale pirate ship, complete with beam sails for propulsion, a full-body beam shield and a golden figurehead of a woman on the prow.
- Space Battleship Yamato deserves mention for being a cool ship that was sunk and later converted to a Cool Starship.
- The Bardanos from Ozuma which is a cool sand submarine.
- Girls Und Panzer the school (and apparently every school) is in a city on top of an aircraft carrier. the protagonist's city-carrier is 7km long and 1.5 km wide, and has mountains and rivers on it! and its not the largest seen!
- JAG showcases much of what the U.S. Navy has in store, and some episodes were filmed on actual ships.
- International Rescue had a whole cool base full of cool ships on Thunderbirds.
- One could be excused for thinking that the impossibly cool Bubbleship (pictured above) is the true star of Oblivion, with Tom Cruise co-starring as her pilot.
- The titular battleship Antaeus from Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising is the last functioning Adaptive Cruiser capital warship, preserved in case humanity ever needs to fight a war again. Not only does the ship survive being sunk for 20 years with only moderate amounts of damage, but it also can create armies out of junk.
- In the Tie Fighter series, the Missile Boat. It is regarded by all fans of the series as the prime example of More Dakka and in X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, it was left out for balance reasons, but it still had an entry in the craft library that reads: "This is the King Hell God Emperor Starfighter of Death and you can't fly it yet!"
- Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey has a ship class all on its own, comprised by five ships - the Lightning, the Red Sprite, the Blue Jet, the Gigantic and the Elve. How cool are they? They have VTOL capabilities. Despite being essentially several-story high, massively shielded tanks. Equipped with plasma armor. Fabrication laboratories. Hospital sections. Its very own on-board AI navigator. And dimensional-crossing tech.
- In the PC-98 Touhou game Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream, the final boss Yumemi and her assistant Chiyuri cross into Gensokyo from an alternate world with a Probability Space Hypervessel.
- The TARDIS of Doctor Who. The most powerful ship in the universe- Bigger on the Inside, sentient, can travel anywhere in time and space....and stuck in the form of a blue police box, and so old that it's pretty much held together by string.