Here's my Troper Wall
. Vandalize it at your leisure, but please leave your signature on each of your comments (preferably potholed to your Troper Wall and/or contributor profile). Thank you.
You may be asking how I thought of this username. It's a funny story
to be honest: Back in 2007, I was just setting up a profile for Xbox Live to play Halo3
online and needed to make a username. I was thinking, "aNinjaWithAgun...no no no!", then my brother shouted
, "AIDS!". We laughed for weeks and months
afterwards. I have used this name ever since from forums to Video Games
themselves, though I have since resigned from Xbox Live entirely.
My Anime List
profile can be found here
, and my Steam
profile can be found here
The works that I Entry Pimp
open/close all folders
My life in the Tv Tropes forums
Most of my time is spent in the Forum Games, but you'll see me hang around Manga and Anime Recomendations
quite a bit too.
I am sometimes active on the Image Pickin'
forums as well, and I've had some success with my ideas. Below are the tropes that I have personally helped to produce images for and succeeded in some way. No asterisk means I just provided the image. One asterisk(*) means that I have provided both the image and the caption, and two asterisks(**) indicate that I all I did was provide the caption and not the image itself. note
The Trope Pantheons
is another forum I often congregate. As expected, I've risen some characters to godhood there, and here they are in Character, Trope - House order:
There are other characters that I had a hand in ascending and/or major editing, but I didn't write the initial profile for them. These include...
- Saki Hyuga/Cure Bloom and Mai Mishou/Cure Egret, Gaia's Vengeance (Avenger type) - Was in Nature, moved to Nature Lesser Gods
- Crocodile and Dune, Evil Gods of Desert Sand - Was in Nature, moved to Nature Intermediate Gods
- Hibiki Houjou/Cure Melody and Kanade Minamino/Cure Rhythm, Magic Music - Was in Music, moved to Music Lesser Gods
- Erika Kurumi/Cure Marine (replaced Shiki Misaki), Fashionista - Was in Craft, moved to Craft Lesser Gods
- Mana Aida/Cure Heart, Even the Girls Want Her and Harem Genre - Was in Love; moved to Romance
- Makoto Kenzaki/Cure Sword, Loner-Turned-Friend - Was in Friendship, moved to Friendship Lesser Gods
Tropes that directly describe me
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Often by the bridge. I do it by the arms for more precise adjustments though. When I wake up, I put them back on one-handedly.
- Awesome by Analysis: I have my moments with this, most of which are during game sessions.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: My brother still sees me this way sometimes.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: They're so thick, I consider them their own jungle sometimes. Still, I enjoy having them.
- Blind Without 'Em: Subverted. Only my left eye is truly this, but my right still has most of its vision. However, I almost always wear my glasses anyway.
- Bad Liar: I can't decieve my way through wet toilet paper...
- Black Comedy: My username. Of course, there are those that force me to change it and don't even bother to explain what rule I specifically broke. It's like being arrested without being told my Miranda Rights, and it sucks.
- Brainy Brunette/Everyone Loves Blondes: I'm a rare combination of both. I'm predominantly brown-haired, but the blonde parts of my hair show up as highlights both in the physical and metaphoric senses.
- Brilliant, but Lazy
- Book Dumb: I certainly have the capacity to study. I just hardly ever choose to.
- Canine Companion: I have one. She's actually quite The Cutie. Plus, she subverts the Mister Muffykins Dog Stereotype that is normally associated with her breed (Chihuahua) since she tends to be very quiet, well behaved, and a complete Cuddle Bug. She's still overly spoiled, of course.
- Caustic Critic: Inverted. I'm often more forgiving of a show's flaws if it left me adequitely entertained.
- Cheerful Child: Yes, I was this before I grew up.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: My thoughts and ideas aren't always coherent and sensical.
- Cuteness Proximity: Subverted. I'm attracted to cute things and love them, but I hardly ever feel a rush of emotion.
- Deadpan Snarker: I love my sarcasm. Dad doesn't.
- Deep South: I live there; Louisiana specifically.
- The Disease That Shall Not Be Named: Averted with my username; It's meant to be Played for Laughs, but I've also had the political hammer unjustly brought down upon me.
- Failed a Spot Check: I'm very prone to this and it happens more often than I'd prefer.
- Four Philosophy Ensemble: I'm Apathetic.
- Four Point Scale: I'm extremely guilty of this. Here's the evidence. Also, see Caustic Critic above.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: I'm a Phlegmatic/Sanguine blend (the Guardian) according to this test (My Result). True to my personality, I often end up playing support roles the most in games.
- Fridge Logic: Many people have asked me, "How does a ninja get AIDS?", and to that I say, "one, it's hilarious; two, it's only a username; and three; I'd rather show you.
- As of September/17/2014, the question has been answered! It's ninja AIDS, the shadow warrior of the disease world. Only ninjas contract it from the blood of their enemies... or if they've had unprotected intercourse. Credit goes to Avenuewriter for this one!
- GIFT: Usually averted, but you wouldn't believe some of the idiots I've come across that invoked this side of me when I play.
- Grammar Nazi: Big time! I was among the few students in English class who truly understood how messed up and inconsistent the language really is.
- Growing Up Sucks: I already miss my high-school days.
- Hates Small Talk: I like to have meaningful conversations where the input matters or is generally interesting. Having to waste my words is one of the few things that tries my patience.
- Hikikomori: Deconstructed in my case. I've been guilty of this over many years and my skin is ghostly white because of it. To be fair, this wasn't from any social/peer pressure. I simply preferred to stay in my man cave.
- Honest Advisor: But I can sure as hell say it like it is without fear or regret.
- Ill Boy: Averted hard. I rarely get sick enough to miss work/school.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja: Especially when I have my own Awesome Moments during a gaming session. Also, you are very welcome to invoke this by inviting me into your games.
- Learned Japanese from Watching Anime: Just like Patricia Martin, though I can read only bits and pieces and I don't understand the Kanji and its other symbol-based writing at all.
- Licked by the Dog: Literally and often. It's how she shows her love.
- Lucky Translation: I'm no translator myself despite having some Japanesse vocabulary, but I do often find myself providing links for any Anime Theme Song and Image Song. Chances are that you may have come across a note like "(Lyrics here)", especially in the Trope Pantheons, Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness, and Mohs Scale of Lyrical Hardness. If so, I'm likely the one that put it there.
- Manchild: Yep, I still have childish habits and remarks even though I'm in my 20's.
- Megane: The Stoic type.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: I often visit this article myself; however, my favorite songs range anywhere from Levels 1-8 with Levels 3 and 5 being the most frequent. I'll listen to almost anything that is intelligible and has a largely clean, melodic production with moderate abrasiveness at most.
- Most Gamers Are Male: Although I am generally pleased when I know that I'm playing with a Gamer Chick.
- Myers-Briggs: I'm ISTP (Crafter).
- Older Than They Look: I'm in my mid 20's but I still look like a teenager.
- Otaku: Primarily for Moe Slice of Life and Magical Girl Anime, Role-Playing Games, and First Person Shooters; however, I'm not picky about what particular Anime interests me. Refer to My Anime List profile for the many different types of shows that I've seen.
- The Perfectionist: More of a habit than an attitude. I like getting things done "well enough and in good taste", but not necessarily "perfect".
- Porky Pig Pronunciation: I'm a frequent offender. Either my thoughts don't always make it to my tongue fast enough or I forget what I want to say mid-speech.
- The Quiet One: Ironically, I've won the most talkative award in my high school senior prom; I was just passionate to have interesting and different conversations. Still, I make a better listener than a talker.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Often
- Rule of Fun/Rule of Funny: My favorite ways to live life.
- Straight Gay: The people who have heard my voice over a game's voice chat often assume I'm this. I don't exactly give them a proper answer whenever they ask.
- The Stoic: I'm not attached to my emotions, but I do value them.
- Toilet Humour: I did the Chocolate Turd prank for April Fool's Day 2014. Mom's expression was priceless! Her reaction? All she said was "Y'all bitches..." in a deadpan tone.
- True Neutral: With heavy leanings towards Chaotic Good, according to this alignment test.
- Waxing Lyrical: I do this a lot for my forum signatures in relation to my current avatar at the time. So far, I've used the following lyrics (in alphabetical order of the shows used). Click on the footnotes to see them:
- Dog Days' first Opening Theme Scarlet Knight: note
- From the New World's first Ending Theme, Wareta Ringo: note
- Happiness Charge Pretty Cure's Opening Theme, Happiness Charge Pretty Cure! WOW!: note
- Hidamari Sketch's first season's Opening Theme, Sketch Switch: note
- Kotoura-san's Opening Theme, This is the Secret of Secrets, Right?: note
- Log Horizon's Ending Theme, Your Song (Fan Dub version): note
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha's Opening Theme, Innocent Starter: note
- Manabi Straight's Opening Theme, A Happy Life: note
- From Smile Pretty Cure!, Yayoi Kise/Cure Peace's Image Song, 100% Hero!: note
- The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke's Opening Theme, LAST RESOLUTION: note
- And several more that I will no longer even bother continue to keep track of myself. It's a Long Story and a Long List.
My Favorite Trope list
I admit that these can be played poorly
, but I can't think of any truly awful cases of these among the shows I've seen in recent memory.
My Pet Peeve Trope list
I admit that these can be played well
, but I often see them poorly done or just there to be a vice with nothing more than a Hand Wave
to be there.
- Broken Base: I have something to say about this type of Fan Dumb: Shut The Fuck Up! Sure, your opinion about the show may be different, but the hate tends to go way too far.
- "Groundhog Day" Loop: Doing one for an episode/chapter is fine. Doing one for the entire story or a long arc is an excuse for Padding in my view. Case in point: The Endless Eight. What a waste! They could have cut that entire arc out and the show would hardly be different. I do NOT want to hear "We have entered an endless recursion of time." again.
- Idiot Hero: Exaggerated versions tend to stretch my Willing Suspension of Disbelief as in "How is it possible to be that stupid?". Well-moderated ones are still fine with me.
- Ignored Expert: They are experts for a reason. Listening to them often Could Have Avoided This Plot. Shows that do this just to have a plot really leave me with a sour disposition towards the context. Can you say What an Idiot?
- I Just Want to Be Normal/Refusal of the Call: I don't care want if you want to be normal, especially since you've been given superpowers! So, get off your ass and entertain! Either that or provide a very tangible reason why you would say no. In any case, the author will be sure to keep you safe, or not.
- Murder Simulators: Yeah, because climbing across construction girders to fight an ape who kidnapped your girlfriend while dodging some Classic Video Game Screw Yous qualified you to be an expert carptenter, didn't it? This thought process really needs to die, but I'll have my fun laughing at the people who seriously think this way too.
- Subbing versus Dubbing: I really hate the stigma English dubs get regardless of their increasingly good quality, especially in recent years. As a fan of dubs, I ask this Armor-Piercing Question for the fanbases that prefer subs: What are your standards for bad Japanese voice acting, or what do you not like about it? After all, you don't speak Japanese, do you? You think it's above critisism or it's just better As Long as It Sounds Foreign, right? FUCK OFF with your comments about English dubs if this is really how you think.
- Viewers Are Morons: Especially when it comes to kids' shows and video games. It's the epitome of insulting an audience indirectly for not believeing in their learning capability or mental tolerance.
- Viewers Are Goldfish: Or memory. Would fans of a show really forget explicitly clear and critical plot information in a week? A month? NO!!