TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Pantheon: Craft Lesser Gods
open/close all folders
Bob Ross, God of Awesome Art and Oil Paings
- Lesser God
- Symbol: Happy Little Clouds.
- Alignment: True Good
- Portfolio: Believing you can do it, painting happy little clouds. Oil paints. Art students. Art teachers.
- Domain: Craft.
- Allies: Mr. Rogers
- Thoroughly believes in others' potential, pointing out that you "start out by believing here".
- Is a voice of gentle reassurance for artists everywhere, whispering that there are no limits, and that you can find freedom on your canvas.
Edward Chris von Muir
Edward Chris von Muir, God of Quirky Bards
(Prince Edward of Damcyan, Gilbert Chris von Muir)
- Lesser God (originally Quasideity until the event of The After Years)
- Theme Song: The Melody of Lute
- Symbol: The Twin Harp with some Whisperweed wrapped around it.
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: The Bards, Lovable Cowards, Joke Characters that eventually become powerful, Magic Music, traveling musician, harp players
- Domains: Charm, Dream, Nobility, Royalty, Music
- Non-ascended: Palom and Porom, Tellah, Yang, Edward "Edge" Geraldine, Cid, Harley (his secretary).
- Ascended: Orihime, Lucia, Cecil Harvey, Sora, Rydia, Rosa Farron, Kain Highwind, Cosmos, and every good Final Fantasy gods.
- Enemies: All evil Final Fantasy gods
- Neutral with: Golbez
- Lost his spirit in the mortal realm after losing his only girlfriend and being beaten up by an old man. Since being selected for quasi-godhood, Orihime keeps asking him to show her his "magic spoon". Edward asserts that she has no idea what she's talking about, and consults with Lucia to help him write his next ballad.
- Has now elevated to a Lesser God when it was shown that Edward has lost his spooniness and replaced it with balls of steel. How much? It is said that he stood up to resident Memetic Badass Kain Highwind (or rather an Evil Counterpart of Kain), eavesdropped on a brainwashed Cecil with nothing more than his gut instinct, and braved the Antlion Cave all by himself. He also gained powerful songs and his Salve ability increased tenfold.
Erika Kurumi/Cure Marine
Erika Kurumi, Goddess of Fashion
- Lesser Goddess
- Theme Song: Erika/Cure Marine's theme, Special Colorful (Lyrics here)
- Symbol: The Fairy Drop fashion store (her home)
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Magical Girl Warrior, Fashion Design, Hyperactivity, Hot-Blooded Water User, Brashness That Hid Nice Heart, Tendency to Shout (Sometimes for Long Periods of Time), Facing Off Eldritch Abomination And Just Considering It Duty For 14-years Old Beautiful Heroines To Fight It
- Domains: Craft, Personal Appearance, Magic, Combat
- Allies: Every other Precures (but especially Tsubomi Hanasaki and Yuri Tsukikage), Kanji Tatsumi, Aquaman, Ishida Uryuu, Kazuya Ryuuzaki, Kamina, Erza Scarlet, Houkago Tea Time
- Enemies: Dune, Kyubey, All Indescribably Evil Beings.
- Rose as at first an apprentice of Shiki Misaki, the Destroyer of All That Is Seamless. How? Erika ends up not just destroying all that is seamless, she rips it into pieces, flood it, tramples it, and then proceeds to make up damn good, fashionable clothes out of it for a great fashion show. Though she did not do it alone, she did at least spearheaded it. There were no bad bloods when Erika ascended in her place. She got a glomp from her best buddy Tsubomi when that happened.
- Her genki-ness knows no bound, she is known to make funny faces in any moment.
- Has the ability to know one's measurement by just looking. It does really good for her designing fashion clothes.
- Has a weird adoration-jealousy relationship with a certain Precure, in this case Miki Aono/Cure Berry. They've known to fight side-by-side at times, but Erika couldn't help but point out that Miki is a lot similar with her mortal sister Momoka, one that usually drove Erika to jealousy.
- Occasionally spends time with Kanji Tatsumi, sharing knowledge about clothing designs. Erika is surprised that Kanji usually comes up with cute designs, even if he looks... scary. Then again, Erika used to have a classmate in a similar vein like him.
- Is not to be confused with the lover of Kazuya Ryuuzaki. This Erika is like a polar opposite of that (short, brash, cute), but also possesses the heart for justice, which impressed Kazuya himself.
- She can warm the hearts of any that have Stopped Caring with her fashion sense and The Power of Friendship. Just ask Olivier.
- Welcomes all Good-aligned members of the Music Pantheon (except Kotomi Ichinose and Chuck Schuldiner, but including all other Real Life members of said Pantheon) to play live during her fashion shows, like this one (Song's lyrics here). Yui Hirasawa in particular cannot get over how cute the outfits look and asks Erika if she would have Afterschool Tea Time to wear them on stage and keep them afterwards; to which, the answer was...an overly enthusiastic "Of course!".
- She is good friends with Kamina of the War Pantheon. She finds his relationship with Simon to be very similar to her relationship with Tsubomi. They also share similar mindsets when it comes to approaching impossible problems. Even in death, Kamina shamelessly admits that he loves watching her fashion shows even though it's normally against his image and preference.
- She also befriended Erza, who shares her passion for fashion.
Ghost, God of So Bad, It's Good Radio Programs and getting Trolled
(John Conquest, Melting Pot of Friendship
, Hambone, Ghostler
, too many to list)
- Lesser God
- Symbol: a skull wearing a cowboy hat
- Alignment: probably Evil (Lawful usually, Chaotic when flipping out... so most of the time, really)
- Portfolio: flipping out over everything, alcohol, more alcohol, "capitalism", being a jerk, denying things that just can't be denied, getting trolled, having a fanbase consisting mostly of said trolls
- Ghost's terrible behavior should have normally earned him a trip directly into the Disgraces, however the many sincerely heartwarming goodbyes he received from his loyal fanbase upon cancelling his show were enough to propel him here.
- HE'S A NICE GUY! HE'S A MELTING POT OF FRIENDSHIP! Or so he says.
- He is also not a racist nor an alcoholic.
- Has a difficult relationship with the deities hailing from Equestria. Usually he's heard calling them and their followers dirty names, though he has his occasional nicer moments towards them. It's been rumored there might be more to him than it seems.
- Being who he is, he has a difficult relationship with probably over half the Pantheon.
- May or may not be Jewish, a hambone, a shapeshifting lizard, and a lot of other things.
Hattori Hanzo, the Ultimate Blacksmith
- Lesser God
- Theme Music: The Lonely Shepherd by George Zamfir.
- Symbol: A katana
- Alignment: unknown, most likely True Neutral
- Portfolio: Weapon Crafting, Characters Shrouded in Myth, Calmness of Mind, Samurai, Ninjas, Cool Swords with Absurdly Sharp Blades
- Domains: Craft, Metal, Pride, War
- Followers: the kids from Summon Night: Swordcraft Story, Melchior (Chrono Trigger), the Karate Duo Number One (Bowser's Kingdom)
- Not to be confused with: those other guys named Hattori Hanzo
- Hanzo was named after a Sengoku-era samurai/ninja who specialized in, well...swords. No one quite knows how he is able to make his weapons so sharp, but they worship him for his efforts nonetheless.
- The rest of the Pantheon is unsure of what to make of his "God will be cut." speech.
- Is on good terms with Excallibur, who he has made mortal avatars of on occasion. However, there was also a time where Hanzo ends up getting so annoyed with Excalibur that every talk about him it always met with (ﺧ益ﺨ)
- Has been interested in Goemon Ishikawa's famous Zantesuken blade, trying to duplicate a sword that could replicate its slicing ability. Goemon, in his part, declined as he was afraid that another someone with that type of sword would be too dangerous.
Jill Valentine, Master of Unlocking
- Lesser Goddess
- Theme Music: Sad But True -MVC3 Arrange-
- Symbol: A S.T.A.R.S. or BSAA badge
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Lockpicking, Heavy Weaponry, Escaping Death Traps Within An Inch Of Her Life
- Domain: City, Protection
- Allies: MacGyver
- Enemies: Albert Wesker, any and all zombies, including Big Daddy (singular, not plural)
- Jill was given this title by her somewhat clueless boss Barry Burton, for the fact that she is often able to escape from life-threatening situations. She once stood her ground against an implacable zombie, a feat that only Leon S. Kennedy has been able to match to this day (his "nemesis" wielded a mean chainsaw).
- She even has a restaurant named in her honor.
- Had temporary disappeared when she had gone after Wesker. As it turned out, Wesker was able to brainwash her and use it for his deeds. She was fortunately rescued, and she has sworn to get back on Wesker.
- Has had the honour to appear two times in a world-saving tournament. However, the second time she was still brainwashed and acted as a backup force for Wesker.
Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents
The Ouendan and the Elite Beat Agents, Gods of Cheerleading
- Lesser Gods
- Symbol: A Red Armband of Leadership (Ouendan), or a giant gold star with the letters "EBA" in the middle (Agents)
- Alignment: Lawful Good (both teams)
- Portfolio: Dance, Ass Kicking Poses, Grand Entrances, Burning Vigor, Team Spirit, Widget Series, Catchy Pop Songs
- Domain: Craft, Glory, Law, Community
- Allies: Parappa, Konata Izumi
- Followers: The supporting cast of Lucky Star, Plusle and Minun
- Whenever there is trouble, they are always there to help. Parappa also joins them, always crying out how everyone's gotta believe!
- Both teams are predominantly male, but they each have squads of three highly-trained female cheerleaders, who are often brought out for the toughest of jobs.
Rukia Kuchiki, Goddess of Bunny Drawings
- Lesser Goddess
- Symbol: Chappy the Rabbit
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Hollywood Scribbling, Killer Rabbit, An Ice Person, Shorttank, Rags to Riches, Impaled with Extreme Prejudice.
- Domain: Craft, Kido.
- Followers: Natsume Zange, Mephisto Pheles, Himeko Inaba.
- Allies: Orihime Inoue, Byakuya Kuchiki, Squad 13, Tokiko Tsumura, Misty, Yoko Littner, Kouta Kazuraba/Kamen Rider Gaim
- Recognized as having the greatest works of art the universe has ever seen, even if it draws quite a lot of ire from even her colleagues.
- It would be wise for one not to criticize or insult her drawings, which will incur her wrath. This includes freezing via her blade or being blasted by a ball of spirit energy. Even Greater Gods such as Chuck Norris learned this the hard waynote .
- Being the sister of Byakuya Kuchiki, it is always a bad idea to put her to harm.
- Gets surprisingly shocked after seeing Daigo Kiryu's drawings, she confirmed that Daigo, in spite of being the "Heart and Soul" of the Kyoryugers, his drawings are more worse than hers.
Shadow Crystal Mage
Shadow Crystal Mage, SUPREME OVERLORD OF CRACK!
- Lesser God, though he's seeking to correct that
- Symbol: the most current Fanfiction.net Logo.
- Alignment: Chaotic Silly
- Portfolio: Crack Fic, Crack Pairing, Crossover, Adaptational Badass, Alternative Character Interpretation, Schedule Slip, Serial Escalation, Genre Savvy, Hilarity Ensues, Loads and Loads of Characters, Crazy Awesome, and many more! He seems to collect them...
- Domain: Insanity, Craft, Fanfic, Plot
- Allies: Tomoyo Daidouji and Tuxedo Kamen, both of whom he has given upgrades...; Snowflame
- Followers: Eva Unit 01, Marq FJA
- A most insidious being, SCM has been known to suddenly appear without warning, encourage people to worship him, and leave...
- SCM has recently acquired two self-proclaimed apprentices. Take that as you will.
Tomoyo Daidouji, Goddess of Costume Designing and Video Recordings
- Lesser God
- Symbol: A white wing
- Alignment: Lawful Good, although rumors persist she is Lawful Evil
- Portfolio: Extremely Complicated Costumes, Camera Fiends, Fangirl, The Fashionista, Meta Girl, I Want My Beloved to Be Happy, I Want My Beloved to Be Fashionable, Muggle Best Friend.
- Domain: Love, Costumes, Cameras.
- Allies: Sakura Kinomoto, Kero-chan, Syaoran Li, Meiling Li, Uryu Ishida, Rarity, Yuko Ichihara.
- Has volunteered to be the official costume designer for the whole Pantheon, but the higher-ranked gods have declined her offer, believing the effort and requests may be too much for her. She was instead invited to be a costume designer for the Sisterhood of Magical Girls.
- Incredibly devoted to Sakura Kinomoto. When Sakura was chosen to join the Pantheon, Tomoyo was over the moon with joy and produced a dozen or so costumes for Sakura to wear during her ascension ceremony.
- Previously met her counterpart from another world, the princess of an alternate Tokyo. They spent hours discussing the different incarnations of Sakura they knew.
- Works quite well with Uryu Ishida and Rarity.
- Remained with Sakura during the Great Upheavel, but the chaos that followed knocked her through a portal into a certain universe. Trapped there for some time, Tomoyo gained the trope of Love Makes You Crazy. By the time she returned home, the Great Upheavel was over and the Sisterhood was picking up the pieces. Tomoyo has regained much of her calm, caring personality but has displayed slight overprotective qualities around Sakura, and openly supports Sakura to becoming the new leader of the Sisterhood, much to Sakura's confusion.
Uryu Ishida, God of Sewing and Needlework
- Lesser God
- Symbol: Quincy pendant
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Portfolio: Awesome Sewing Skills, Archery, Sole Survivors, Badass Bookworms, Those Who Are Deadly Serious
- Domain: Craft, Retribution
- Works tirelessly to repair the Clothing Damage He sustains during His fights with the members of the Otherness thrones.
- Is sometimes confronted by Ohno to use His lightning-quick reflexes to create a wardrobe full of clothing.
- Is recently seen wearing a Vandenreich custom uniform and aligning himself with Yhwach. While his true purpose is unknown as of yet, this move shocks most of his friends.
- Once challenged Rarity to a sewing contest, and won by a huge margin since the pony had never realized that the contest was being judged on technical skill and difficulty, rather than the attractiveness of the results. Both parties readily agreed that neither had any ability or desire to challenge the other in their own facet of the sewing arts.
- He's been getting funny looks from of the Gods in the Pantheon, mostly due to the fact he sounds similar to Sasuke Uchiha, Shirou Emiya, and William T. Spears.