Pantheon: Trope Pantheons
We here at TV Tropes
love to categorize things. Tropes
, television shows
, and even people. So, we eventually got to thinking: What would things be like if the world were run entirely on tropes (which it very well could be
)? Who would be the Gods and Goddesses? Who would be their worshippers? Obviously, there can never be one singular deity to watch over everything
...so we pooled our resources and tried to come up with as many ideas as possible. No initial payment required to enter...it's all in good fun
Not to be confused with Religion Tropes
Template for adding a new deity:
God X, God/dess of (Insert Trope Here)
- Theme Song: Song that usually is used in affiliation with the character. If possible, give a link for reference, preferably Youtube.
- Rank: This can range from Quasidiety, Demigod, Lesser God, Intermediate God, Greater God to Overdeity. This doesn't always have to be a representation of power, but it can also influence in the Pantheon.
- Symbol: A symbol used to symbolize the deity.
- Alignment: Good, evil, neutral etc.
- Portfolio: Tropes associated with the character.
- Domains: Things that the character has influence over.
- Followers: Non-ascended characters that are not part of the Pantheon, but would probably worship this character.
- Allies: Members of the Pantheon that are allies.
- Enemies: Members of the Pantheon that are foes
- High Priest: Non-ascended, but loyal character that would make a worthy replacement in case something would happen.
- Now add some random trivia/facts about events/alignments/moments/fights/friendships/ relations etc.
- And some more trivia/facts.
- And a couple of more.
A few tips:
- If The character you are about to add in a House already exists in another, make sure to mention that this god has spots in other houses as well.
- If you are unsure if you should add a certain God or not, you can always write in the Discussion page for the specific House in which you intend to add him/her or in the Main discussion page for the Pantheon. You might even get some assistance if you're lucky.
- When writing facts/trivia about gods, try not to contradict what has already been written elsewhere.
- When writing down the name of a Theme Song, try to avoid calling it "Theme of God X" or "Theme of (Show where God X originates from". If possible, try to find out if the song has an actual name.
- When adding an image for your God, make sure that it is not too big unless you wish to write more about the god you have chosen.
- If you feel the need to remove a god for some reason and replace him/her with another, please see what the other tropers think about this in the discussion page before doing anything hasty. If you're lucky, maybe both of them can share the title "Gods of (Insert Trope Here)".
- A certain trope can have more than one God. It is not advisable, but it is not forbidden. Just ensure that this second God will bring in new flavor of the trope. If you have doubts on how to bring the other flavors, consult the Discussion Page.
- Try to bring out the flavor of the Gods more, don't make their entry look like forced, entries that has little flavor text or none at all, little portfolio may be considered plausible for replacement.
The Top of the Mountain:
Gods by House:
- Main House - The highest of the high. All supreme beings and Greater Gods sit at this level.
Gods by Alignment:
- Ambiguity - Gods of Morally Ambiguous Archetypes
- Beasts - Gods of Animals and Monsters
- Combat - Gods of Combat, Special Attacks and Ass-kicking
- Commerce - Gods of Wealth, Merchandising, etc.
- Craft - Gods of Visual Arts, Music, etc.
- Crime - Gods of Crime and Criminal archetypes
- Emotion - Gods of Joy, Emo, Angst, etc.
- Faith - Gods of Religion, Clergy, and Holy/Unholy orders.
- Family - Gods of Relatives
- Food - Gods of Consumable Goods
- Friendship - Gods of Bonds
- Heroes - Gods of Heroism and Good Deeds
- Justice - Gods of Rules and Legislation
- Knowledge - Gods of Knowledge and Intelligence
- Leadership - Gods of Rulers, High Ranking Military Officers, and Leadership Styles.
- Life and Death - Gods of Life and Death
- Love - Gods of Love, Lust and Beauty
- Magic - Gods of Magic, Spells, and Mysticism
- Mentalism - Gods of Personalities, Thought and Trickery
- Music - Gods of Music and Instruments
- Nature - Gods of Nature and the Elements
- Otherness - Demon Lords, Outer Gods, other Strange Beings
- Personal Appearance - Gods of Appearance and Equipment
- Philosophy - Gods of Metaphors and Symbolism
- Prophecy - Gods of Prophecy and Fate
- Shape - Gods of Transformation, Animorphism, etc.
- Sports - Gods of Sports
- Technology - Gods of Technology, the Internet, Video Games, and other Simulations
- Theater - Gods of Drama and Spectacle
- Time and Space - Gods of Time and Space
- Travel - Gods of Celerity, Vehicles, etc.
- Villains - Gods of Villainy and Misdeeds
- War - Gods of Warfare and Army
- Weapons - Gods of Weaponry
- Disgraces - Those who were deemed either unworthy of entering the Pantheon proper, or were considered too great a divisive force to preserve its stability for one reason or another. Formerly the exclusive house of Mary Sues, Gary Stus, etc. until the Knights of Mary Suetopia were formed.
- The Fallen - Former Gods who suffered from Flanderization, Character Derailment, The Worf Effect one too many times, etc. Alternatively, they might be decent characters saddled with crummy portfolios. And then there are the times when someone simply usurped their divine portfolio, and shunted them in here. Sucks to be them in that last case.
- Purgatory - Former Fallen/Disgraced Gods who have done enough deeds to be actually forgiven of their sins, but have yet to meet their standards to enter the Celestial Houses.
- Unsorted - The Gods who have redeemed themselves, but don't yet have a title. They remain there until they can be filed into a true House.
- Book Of Trope - A collection of the stories of the pantheon; from the creation of the world and its inhabitants, to the rise and fall of the gods, to the grand battles that have shaped the pantheon.
- Tales - A story that focuses on the Main house.
- Tales of the Alliance - A collection that focuses on the ultimate battle between the GUAG and the GUAE.
- Operation Axe To The Face - What If? the Disgraces took over the Pantheon and killed most of The Gods? What if the forces of Mary Suetopia invaded the many worlds of mortals? What if a few members of the Pantheon survived or escaped the battle? What if with the help of Status Que, they could send them back to their place and restore balance once more? This story will tell you what would happen (or maybe will happen...). Finally, this epic tale is back on track after years of wait by the many members of TV Tropes. Enjoy.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny